Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Air in clutch line?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Air in clutch line?

So Im having a problem with my transmission. It seems like the clutch is not disengaging all the way because everytime I go to put the car in gear whether it be 1st or reverse when stopped it doesnt want to go in and there is a thud when you go to push it in and the car feels like it wants to move forward(when putting it into first) and is almost impossible to get into those gears. It started after I noticed the BRAKE light started staying on even after I would put my e-brake down. I checked the brake fluid a few days later to notice it was at the LOW level. Im not sure if the would be air in the lines that would cause this or what. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor

You may have a leak and picked up air. Brake fluid doesnt evaporate. Leaking lines, calipers, or clutch slave cyl.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

I havent noticed any leaks anywhere. I checked the level a few days after I filled it back up and it seems to be holding it.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

anyone?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's possible that u did get air in the system but where did the old fluid go? It sounds like u do have a leak, it's possible the master or slave cylinder is going bad. I would get it checked out. Good luck.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

Im thinking its air in the line or my master\slave cylinder is going bad but I havent noticed any change in clutch pedal feel. It feels like its not letting the clutch disengage all the way be cause the car wants to move forward when I go to put it into first.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

how old are your pads, as they wear down more fluid is stored in the calipers.
when i changed my pads and pushed the pistons back into the caliper i had a over flow of fluid in the res.
about a month befor changing them i had a non stop break light and it was from low fluid.....
im having a lock out issue as well but i just think its my clutch going out. ive bled it and everything and still have the same issue

im not really sure about the slave cylinder going out, what is the life on those? how much are rebuild kits? that never really crossed my mind...
Old Mar 6, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah im thinking about taking it to mitsubishi and just asking them what they think as that would be still under warrenty. Im getting ready to try to bleed it. The car has 43k miles and i changed the pads around 35k i believe. The pads are still good. I have never checked the fluid level before the light came on though. It was bled out when the stainless steel clutch line was installed but nothing other than that.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what was the conclusion ?