Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

T3 Full-Race manifold doesn't fit my HTA37R ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 06:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by evovin
Im using a .82 a/r 4 bolt gt housing off HTA3582. We didn't realized that t won't fit my HTA37R so I got it ported from a machine shop to fit the back wheel of the turbo and it fits now. Is it ok to use it or just get a new housing?
Get a new housing. Any looseness in tolerances of the machined piece will manifest itself as a large loss in turbine speed across the board, and you don't want that.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't u contact Dave to trade back since this doesn't work for you?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Maybe a spacer could be used to carry it forward so it clears the mount better?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

I know what the problem is. You are using a manifold designed for a T3 turbo, you took the T3 housing and modified it to fit a T4 turbo. FR makes a manifold designed for T4 turbos and thats the manifold you should be using. There might be some tricks you can do to make it work, but I recommend you get a new manifold or turbo.

Edit: Like GotWheelHop said, the CHRA is a problem. Its much bigger than a Garrett or Precision cartridge for a T3 turbo.

Last edited by ScorpionT; Mar 10, 2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

^
No I have T3 not T4. As you can see in the pic even a 35R will be impossible to fit unless you don't run intake pipe and cut the mount on the corner.

Originally Posted by Evo Girlie
can't u contact Dave to trade back since this doesn't work for you?
I just pmed him.

Last edited by evovin; Mar 10, 2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

^
No I have T3 not T4. As you can see in the pic even a 35R will be impossible to fit unless you don't run intake pipe and cut the mount on the corner.
The housing is a T3, but the T04Z/37R is originally a T4 frame turbo. The CHRA is also very large. Ive used that manifold and fit a 35R just fine.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ScorpionT
The housing is a T3, but the T04Z/37R is originally a T4 frame turbo. The CHRA is also very large. Ive used that manifold and fit a 35R just fine.
You must have this version which sits higher.

Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

sketch good luck with whatever you come up with...
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:09 AM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by evovin View Post
Im using a .82 a/r 4 bolt gt housing off HTA3582. We didn't realized that t won't fit my HTA37R so I got it ported from a machine shop to fit the back wheel of the turbo and it fits now. Is it ok to use it or just get a new housing?
Get a new housing. Any looseness in tolerances of the machined piece will manifest itself as a large loss in turbine speed across the board, and you don't want that.
YES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evovin View Post
^
The center section of your turbo is slightly larger which is causing your problem. If you would like to run that turbo and manifold here is what i would recommend.

1) get the correct turbine housing
2) you will need to notch that mount to build an intake.

If you want something that will bolt right up just give me a call, pm or email and i will more than happy to put something together for you. If you have any other questions just let me know.

thanks, eric
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Full-Race.com
YES!!!

The center section of your turbo is slightly larger which is causing your problem. If you would like to run that turbo and manifold here is what i would recommend.

1) get the correct turbine housing
2) you will need to notch that mount to build an intake.

If you want something that will bolt right up just give me a call, pm or email and i will more than happy to put something together for you. If you have any other questions just let me know.

thanks, eric

So are you saying it will work with 35R? not 37R? But I still have to notch the mount to build an intake?

How come you guys didn't post this before or in your website?

Last edited by evovin; Mar 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

IMO Sell it even if you take a loss, and pick up a Shearer manifold.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 03:42 PM
Account Disabled

We were trying to install my Full race mani over the weekend but we can't fit it.
Our singlescroll T3 manifold is designed for traditional *T3* turbochargers like a GT series OR standard t3/t4 turbos like a 50 trim or a t3/t67. It appears that your turbo is in fact a T4 turbocharger, but you modified the t3 housing to fit. As a result it has an extremely wide T4 center section (chra) - look at this picture of your T4 center section

compare this to the much more narrow T3 hta35R center section on hta's website:

Why not just use the hta82 or hta86? it seems like it would be a better option as long as the machine shop turned down the hsg perfectly, you wont have a problem. however the possibility that the tolerance is too tight or too loose is there depending on who machined it and what lathe they used. my recommendations are as follows:

1) you can easily notch the motor mount as is (its not difficult at all) and run a 4" intake.
2) return the turbo and get an hta86
3) if you are dead set on using this turbo, keep in mind it is a P trim t4 turbo (count the 11 blades on the turbine wheel)

stuffed into a t3 housing. For this reason I recommend using a t4 twinscroll housing and t4 twinscroll manifold

4) you can get a different manifold that might fit better, but i doubt you will be happy with any manifold and this big singlescroll turbo - p trim undivided turbos are laggggy

Its GT housing 2.5
actually this is the t31 housing youre using, not the GT hsg.

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Isn't the CHRA on the T4z wider than a Garrett GT CHRA? That might be part of the problem as it would push the compressor shroud into contact with the lower mount. I know ETS sends a modified lower mount with their kits for this exact reason. I'd go with the above suggestion and give Full-Race a call. They will know what direction to send you in.
that is correct, the T4Z is a T4 turbo, so it has an extremely wide CHRA compared to the GT30/GT35 turbos

I know what the problem is. You are using a manifold designed for a T3 turbo, you took the T3 housing and modified it to fit a T4 turbo. FR makes a manifold designed for T4 turbos and thats the manifold you should be using. There might be some tricks you can do to make it work, but I recommend you get a new manifold or turbo.
thanks you are both correct

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Mar 10, 2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

T3 here right?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ce-hta37r.html
Old Mar 10, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Full Race is right our turbo's they are very WIDE. I know this from when I put the FS635 on my car... it fit SO much better than my HTA37 did it was .

I aint knocking Shearer but with his manifold my t-bolt clamp on my discharge pipe rubs my engine mount bolt. Which made me beleive it was designed more for the small GT framed turbo's.

I still runs his manifolds and always will, I just use the strap on the clamp as a guard for the coupler
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So funny to see the same group of Full-Race haters that jump at the chance to point to other vendors and the end of the story is always the customer was miss using the Full-Race products...

I have been a long time customer of Full-Race and their products always fit, worked great and Geoff has provided the greatest customer service!

Full-Race FTW!

Quick Reply: T3 Full-Race manifold doesn't fit my HTA37R ! ! !