Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full-race t4 1.06ar twin scroll HTAgt3582r tuned on stock motor results

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:13 PM
rxw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally don't think either camp needs to prove their products anymore than they already have. We all know how well the Buschur turbo kits perform, they are awesome. In respect to Full-Race twin-scroll, do a search and find a properly sorted and matched system... It’s even more impressive (IMHO). TS requires everything to work together in order to make it work properly no mis-matches.

Area under the curve and response is more important to me than a peak HP number. If I was a drag racer I’d get Buscher no questions asked, a few extra $$ I’d go a proper TS system for the street.

Last edited by rxw; Mar 20, 2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WickedIXMR
Why do you think hes threatened? Just last year there has been 13 street cars with Buschur parts that went 9's. I havent seen much cars with full race TS kits achieving any of that. Actually I havent seen one do that. I'm not knocking these kits what so ever. I actually think it would be nice to have spool up like that but to say "you are so threatened" is pretty funny to me and very stupid of you.
It's not a matter of being threatened but out-thought.

Since the idea behind TwinScroll kits is to retain spool up, torque, and power under the curve there is no place for them in an arena that solely caters to going fast in a straight line, at WOT, for short periods of time.( Regardless of this fact all of the fast evos that are running 9's or quicker and are doing it on larger than T3 frame turbos are doing on TWIN SCROLL T4 turbos/manfiolds)

The places you see Twin Scroll setups dominating are places where the driver isn't always at WOT, which is basically everywhere but the drag strip...(again, even the top drag racing dogs are using twin scroll because they can spool up a bigger turbo that makes more power more effectively with twin scroll manifolds/housings than with single scroll turbos.

For anybody that has access to the internet, a quick 30 minutes spent browsing on Google can give you all the answers to the benefits of Twin Scroll setups, if you still don't buy it, go work for Garrett/Mitsubishi/BorgWarner and tell them they are doing it wrong.

Scorke
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

I have a TS Setup and I love it. I put 499awhp on a Mustang Dyno on pump and trapped 125mph @24.8 lbs of boost. I see that boost at 4300 rpms on cold weather days and at 4500 rpms in the summer. So for the street I consider my TS T4 setup the perfect choice.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Since the idea behind TwinScroll kits is to retain spool up, torque, and power under the curve there is no place for them in an arena that solely caters to going fast in a straight line, at WOT, for short periods of time.(
Scorke is correct. Also, twin scroll/divided housing design has been around for two to three decades. It's nothing new.

Benefits of twin scroll are improved response and spool up, NOT top end power. Spool up shows up a bit on a dyno, but not response. One test I'd like to see is on the road, and comparing spool up of a twin scroll vs. single. Maintain a constant 4k rpm in 3rd or 4th gear and floor it.

What's the purpose of twin scroll? One, it separates the exhaust pulses of the cylinders firing 180 degrees apart from interfering with each other. Same basic principle as used in tri-Y headers. Two, it keeps the exhaust velocity up all the way to the turbine wheel; hence, helps response and spool-up.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YellowEvilEvo
I have a TS Setup and I love it. I put 499awhp on a Mustang Dyno on pump and trapped 125mph @24.8 lbs of boost. I see that boost at 4300 rpms on cold weather days and at 4500 rpms in the summer. So for the street I consider my TS T4 setup the perfect choice.
Sounds pretty sweet, not too many open scroll people see full boost at 43-4500 rpms and can say they make that much tq on pump gas

Scorke
Old Mar 21, 2009, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bolio
So far the Twin Scroll guys prefer to talk theory, transient response, feel and post #'s with different dyno's. Still waiting for the trap speeds on a built evo on a 35r frame turbo, it's been a long wait and at this point I think there's a reason for that.
My TS GT3076 @25psi on a stock block/head/ecu consistantly traps 126+ in a full weight car - 3360 w/driver. It has gone as fast as 128mph, but I have not backed that up yet. I've now added another fuel pump, to allow 30+psi on E-85. Current logs show a 50-60hp gain in power. I expect 130 traps next time I go to the track.
It's not the combo you asked for, but I think it shows that TS is capable of more than good transient response
Old Mar 21, 2009, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Drifto
My TS GT3076 @25psi on a stock block/head/ecu consistantly traps 126+ in a full weight car - 3360 w/driver. It has gone as fast as 128mph, but I have not backed that up yet. I've now added another fuel pump, to allow 30+psi on E-85. Current logs show a 50-60hp gain in power. I expect 130 traps next time I go to the track.
It's not the combo you asked for, but I think it shows that TS is capable of more than good transient response
agreed as my old TS 30r .78 stock motor/ecu on pump gas trapped 126.56 ''26''psi at 11.21 with a 1.78 60' i was gonna do a full tuned 32psi 100oct but then went with a bigger turbo. lol and then i never made it to the track as i changed cams and a few other things. and now this year i am going with a even bigger setup. does it ever end? not on my watch at least

Last edited by EvoDan2004; Mar 21, 2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Sounds pretty sweet, not too many open scroll people see full boost at 43-4500 rpms and can say they make that much tq on pump gas

Scorke
Yeah I am loving it. I am doing a couple more thngs this spring and am going back to the track. The problem is that I am still running M+S tires, and am going for that 130 mph on pump with less than 30lbs. I am currently overseas and my Evo is at my brother's house. I am taking 30 days of leave in April to get as much work as I can done...ie dual pump setup, aluminum fluidampr, and going up to a set of 280 Comp cams I just got....we'll see what turns out of it....

Back on topic though, TS is the BOMB!
Old Mar 23, 2009, 01:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Benefits of twin scroll are improved response and spool up, NOT top end power.
i agree with your assessment, but the fact that the twinscrolls allow increased overlap/duration camshafts to work even better is a huge plus for the twinscroll configs in drag race applications

Originally Posted by evodan2004
my old TS 30r .78 stock motor/ecu on pump gas trapped 126.56 ''26''psi at 11.21 with a 1.78 60'
how did your old TS30R compare to your friends singlescroll 30R?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dyno graped posted on first page
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
When is the new clutch going in ?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
i agree with your assessment, but the fact that the twinscrolls allow increased overlap/duration camshafts to work even better is a huge plus for the twinscroll configs in drag race applications

how did your old TS30R compare to your friends singlescroll 30R?
it was a completely different car. IMO. i cant see my self ever running anything BUT TS.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Full-Race's primary market (Hondas) has pretty well proven the TS setups offer a lot more powerband while still reaching the peak numbers over the past 5 or so years. I find it funny that the EVO community is so slow to catch on when the car comes stock with a TS turbo that has proven to be a very impressive turbo bread from race winning technology. Has everybody forgot that EVOs are actually rally inspired (lots of dependence on overall powerband) and that Mitsubishi use to do pretty well in WRC?

Toyota use to do pretty well to, with their twin scroll turbo setups on the Celica Altrac in the early 90s, before the EVO was even a force to be reckoned with.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
Full-Race's primary market (Hondas) has pretty well proven the TS setups offer a lot more powerband while still reaching the peak numbers over the past 5 or so years. I find it funny that the EVO community is so slow to catch on when the car comes stock with a TS turbo that has proven to be a very impressive turbo bread from race winning technology. Has everybody forgot that EVOs are actually rally inspired (lots of dependence on overall powerband) and that Mitsubishi use to do pretty well in WRC?

Toyota use to do pretty well to, with their twin scroll turbo setups on the Celica Altrac in the early 90s, before the EVO was even a force to be reckoned with.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I've seen F-R's products from the very beginning in the Honda camp and have seen what they can do, and for someone in the Evo/DSM community that runs an engine design 17 years old and say that TS technology is a load of crap needs to reevaluate what they think they know. If you ask me it sounds more like Honda jealousy when it comes to the 1/4 mile crap.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

boost plot just posted on page 1

Quick Reply: Full-race t4 1.06ar twin scroll HTAgt3582r tuned on stock motor results