Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur or Shep Rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish there was a tranny builder shootout!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bmguser
i wish there was a tranny builder shootout!
+1 im bout to get mine rebuilt but ive heard nothing but good from shep and thats his specialty. so stick with what ya know!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:26 AM
Account Disabled

I'll be sending mine to Buschur in the next few weeks. I spoke with Dan on the phone and he was great to speak with and made me feel comfortable with their rebuild. A+ in my book! I feel confident they'll do it right the first time and in a timely manner with good support. What more could you ask for?

Can't wait to see how the VIII 3rd and 4th feel in my car.

Caleb
Old Mar 18, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
buschur, i just drove my car for the first time with my new BR tranny.. its just simply amazing...
Old Mar 18, 2009, 09:52 AM
Account Disabled

Go with whats closer for you for the turnaround, if its a DD. If not weigh your options. Personally I like Shep, they built my transfer case and where fast and prompt about it. It Holds up like a champ now! +1 for Shep
Old Mar 18, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like shep but i'm kinda hesitant on the voided drivetrain warranty...

btw my grinding problem is the 5th gear but also 2nd gear if i'm at WOT...grinds 2nd very badly at WOT and i don't know if they're going to cover that. i'm not worried about the 5th gear yet because i can get them to fix that no prob

as for the fluid change, they just replaced an input shaft so i'm assuming they had to drain the tranny for that? so i guess the fluid is fresh...at least i hope
Old Mar 18, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

EVO Warranty?

What Warranty, there are no stinkin warrany's on evo. I voided my warranty 1 week after i owned the car, my car was AMS Bound from the get go.

I had a shep tranny and t-case and it held my power great and shifted effortlessly
Old Mar 18, 2009, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

I am going to say TRE I have dealt with him quite a bit the last few weeks and Jon is awesome and always has been fair. He even remedied a small problem without any money out of my pocket and the stuff you get from him ships that day.
i honestly havent had a vendor as great as him and another plus is that I think all the SCCA T2 cars at AMS are using his transmissions going on two full seasons and the drivers say they feel like new.
Jon far and away gets my vote.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Floyd is Pink
looks like shep but i'm kinda hesitant on the voided drivetrain warranty...
If it's still under warranty, why not have the dealer do it? (I think I know the answer, but I want to hear)
Old Mar 19, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

My 1-2 shift sucks, it grinds if i try to shift it really fast. I used to have a T-56 and could hammer the sht out of it with no problem. Do these guys use oem parts or are these parts actually an upgrade? I am due for a fluid change so we'll see what that does.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 08:26 PM

You can also look at dogbox racing . They have great prices, do great work, and the guys that work there will take time out of their day to talk things over with you . My friend talked to one guy for like a half hour on the phone and he was very impressed so that is where he ended up getting his trans done.He dropped it off on a saturday and picked it up that friday. Their site is under construction right now but they do have a contact #..
Old Mar 19, 2009, 08:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dogbox2
You can also look at dogbox racing . They have great prices, do great work, and the guys that work there will take time out of their day to talk things over with you . My friend talked to one guy for like a half hour on the phone and he was very impressed so that is where he ended up getting his trans done.He dropped it off on a saturday and picked it up that friday. Their site is under construction right now but they do have a contact #..
You gotta be kidding, you're effin name is "dogbox". You just lied publicly about your customer service and completely ruined your credibility.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRD_Caleb
I'll be sending mine to Buschur in the next few weeks. I spoke with Dan on the phone and he was great to speak with and made me feel comfortable with their rebuild. A+ in my book! I feel confident they'll do it right the first time and in a timely manner with good support. What more could you ask for?

Can't wait to see how the VIII 3rd and 4th feel in my car.

Caleb

After speaking with shep, then dan at buschur racing, I felt more comfortable with shep, he took the time and explained each process and what the best option for me would be with my goals. When I spoke to dan I felt as though he didnt know his own product. The prices he quoted me were completely different than what was on their website. I dont know if it was because he was busy or if he just didnt want to take the time. I myself will be going with shep, my buddy just got his tranny back from shep and loves it. He has nothing but good things to say, his car is also a fully built evo with a 35r revving to 8500+ rpm's with no issues shifting.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

double post.

Last edited by URBANRCR; Mar 19, 2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: double post.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Both Dan and Shep are great guys you cant go wrong with either.Just look at turn around time and price and make your decision based on those.Id also recommend Jackstransmissions he has done all of my DSM transmissions and they were awesome and held up fine in a 9 second 2g and a DD 11 sec 1g.

Last edited by URBANRCR; Mar 19, 2009 at 10:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Buschur or Shep Rebuild?