Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Boost leak issue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost leak issue

I just did a boost leak test today and i found 3 leaks so far. One was over by the fuel pressure regulator on my boost guage line. Fixed that one. Found out today my TB seals are leaking. Ordered the Works kit earlier today. The third was my BOV. I have a evo 9 with a full upper, lower IC pipe kit and intake. A deceptor GFB blow off valve, full exhaust, stock turbo, high flow exhaust header and o2 housing. When i did the boost leak test, i sprayed soapy water on the BOV in the trumpet and recirc side. Both leaked but the trumpet only leaked when the top vaccum line was installed. Anyone know how to fix this or what the problem is. Oh and the boost leak test only pressurized to 7 lbs. Please help.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Bottom line, when the BOV leaks when doing a boost test, there is something wrong with it. I bought the GFB Stealth F/X not too long ago and it did the same thing. I delt with it for awhile and then switched to the Synapse, no problems and my drivability and response has never been better.

Is the BOV new? Has it been fluttering/surging since you installed the BOV? And bucking on decel?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:13 AM

Yes i bought it new. It has been surging on decel but only when i slowly let out the throttle when in boost. Other than that it just blows off fine. When i am in real low boost or vacuum in kind of flutters but that should be normal. Did you ever get ahold of GFB themselves? Im wondering if i can replace whatever is making it leak.