Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

bbk vs. fp red vs. tomei arms for stock block pump w/meth

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
28 psi with meth will EASILY break 400whp on our dyno

most pump gas (24-28psi) BBK's with good bolt ons.. GSC cams, ported exh man, o2 housing, fmic, turboback catless, intake, and ic piping will make 370-400whp on our dyno.

pm me for more thorough info, I dont like it to sound like we are "pitching" a product on here....

cb
Gotcha Its actually very helpful, I have read through most of the BBK dyno results thread and found SIMILAR setups to mine, give or take a few parts/built motor/E-85 etc. but not my exact setup... nothing quite as helpful as knowing how my setup should do compared to other vehicles that have been on your dyno. I really appreciate your help- Thank you for the quick response! I'll shoot you a pm with some other questions about the BBK Full
Old Mar 22, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Just to compare, here is my stock IX dyno vs. the BBK Lite- we went from 29 psi to 31 psi and obviously used different dynos. Don't mind the tq reading from the dynojet, for some reason or another the sensor wouldn't read correctly. The results def speak for themself
Old Mar 22, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

cant quite make out those numbers, but 440 on a mustang is what your sig says... pretty sweet I must say!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

i asked fp about this once and they told me it's not needed and the only reason they started selling an oil feed line is because people were sending theirs in and looked to be in poor condition.

Originally Posted by sponger_pr
Make sure that if you get a FPred you ensure you have the revised oil feed line for sufficient oil.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
cant quite make out those numbers, but 440 on a mustang is what your sig says... pretty sweet I must say!
Yea, sorry; bad image. It was 380hp on the Dynojet and 440hp/ 427tq on the Mustang. There is a good possibility that the head gasket had been compromised before the BBK dyno as well. The stock ix starts to drop off after 6500rpms but the BBK keeps holding

Last edited by Kemist; Mar 22, 2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kemist
Yea, sorry; bad image. It was 380hp on the Dynojet and 440hp/ 427tq on the Mustang. There is a good possibility that the head gasket had been compromised before the BBK dyno as well.
Wow, pretty big discrepancy between those 2 dynos, 60 whp difference!! No joke about their dyno reading a bit low!!! So 400 on the CBRD dyno would be roughly 445-450 on a mustang maybe? Thats pretty F***ing sweet because it meets the power goal I was aiming for perfectly!!!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
Wow, pretty big discrepancy between those 2 dynos, 60 whp difference!! No joke about their dyno reading a bit low!!! So 400 on the CBRD dyno would be roughly 445-450 on a mustang maybe? Thats pretty F***ing sweet because it meets the power goal I was aiming for perfectly!!!
Yea the CBRD dyno reads quite really low from what I have read (stocker reads around 200 I think) I needed a DD that had no drivability problems, yet could whoop a 120K Porche given a chance. I have her

Last edited by Kemist; Mar 22, 2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There has been some really sage advice given throughout this thread. IMO the customer service from CBRD is top notch. PERIOD. When the BBK Full hit the street I had a ton of questions and they were always timely and positive in their responses. That alone speaks volumes to me. I have some time on my hands this week (getting ready for my fourth Iraq deployment) so I plan to do some comparison of the BBK Full and FP Red both on 93-pump at 30PSI. And for grins and giggles, I'll try to find the same comparison of both turbos on E85 since I have a station less than three miles from my house.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
There has been some really sage advice given throughout this thread. IMO the customer service from CBRD is top notch. PERIOD. When the BBK Full hit the street I had a ton of questions and they were always timely and positive in their responses. That alone speaks volumes to me. I have some time on my hands this week (getting ready for my fourth Iraq deployment) so I plan to do some comparison of the BBK Full and FP Red both on 93-pump at 30PSI. And for grins and giggles, I'll try to find the same comparison of both turbos on E85 since I have a station less than three miles from my house.

#1. Thanks for your service! Keep your head down

#2. I would like to see the results
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Just going to throw in my 2 cents...

I was going through what your going through about 1 month ago, the only difference is I run 93 and will not be running meth for now. First thing I can recommend is do your research(which it seems like your doing very well) Secondly, I would go with a CBRD or FP product well before a Tomei just because of both companies customer service.

I chose to go with the Red. It spools a little slower but for what I wanted it better fit my means. I put in a big order with ETS for valvetrain and IC and piping. Buschur is porting out the intake and TB, and FP has the turbo and exhaust mani for porting and coating. I think it is important to recognize the FP and CBRD ar both great companies that will help you make YOUR setup work. For example, I am trying to cuztomize a specific o2 housing set up and FP is doing all they can to make mine work with the Red.

As far as that kind of power on stock block, you should be good. The only thing I would be slightly concerned about is weak rod bolts. Although they are a ***** to install upgraded rod bolts only cost like $45 and to me I'd rather spend the extra time and effort now instead of worrying about throwing a rod later.

CBRD and FP FTW!

Nick
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

ive been running the bbk for a few months now (i think?) and i love the power. great spool, doesnt let up like stock, and you cant beat cbrd for support. chad is always around to help out and that goes a long way in my opinion, and clearly the opinion of others here as well. while i cant compare my bbk to the fpred, i can say that my car feels like a beast (93oct)
Old Mar 22, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dyno for comparison purposes:

bbk vs. fp red vs. tomei arms for stock block pump w/meth-dyno.jpg
Old Mar 22, 2009, 06:06 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
oh no!!!

CBRD tunes FP products and our own!!!

hee he...

both good choices...

cb
Old Mar 22, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
oh no!!!

CBRD tunes FP products and our own!!!

hee he...

both good choices...

cb
and that ladies and gentleman, is why you can get the answeres you need from CBRD - all around experience. Like a few of my exes
Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kemist
and that ladies and gentleman, is why you can get the answeres you need from CBRD - all around experience. Like a few of my exes
lol!!!!!....i love CBRD!!! if i lived closer id be there all the time

Quick Reply: bbk vs. fp red vs. tomei arms for stock block pump w/meth