Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Sort of ACD issue?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009 | 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Sort of ACD issue?

One time, once, briefly, while I was parking all three of my ACD lights went on - it happened as I was very slowly rolling to a stop to park/pulling up the ebrake.
After I restarted the car, the lights were gone, and have NEVER come back on since - happened to anyone else?

I've no idea what happened, and I can't pull a code since it's not still on/hasn't happened since
Old Mar 27, 2009 | 07:06 PM
Account Disabled

this happened to me when i had mine in SNOW while driving up in Big bear. all three lights came on when i started the car, so i turned it off and restarted it and it was back to one. nothing to worry about. the real issue is when all three light up and stay on.
Old Mar 27, 2009 | 07:13 PM

same thing happened to me..freaked me out

turned the car off and restarted, never came back, so I dunno
Old Mar 27, 2009 | 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

have u guys done any work to ur work such ash clutch, tcase swap....etc?
Old Mar 27, 2009 | 07:19 PM
Account Disabled

nope, drive train is stock.
Old Mar 27, 2009 | 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Same here - stock drivetrain
It happened a few months ago, but after I freaked out I just kind of forgot about it because it never happened again- I'm assuming the ACD is still working.
I was in Tarmac when it happened, if that matters, I doubt it.
I'm a little relieved to see it's happened to others, anyone know what is the cause of this random event? Strange that it would happen once, but never happen or come back again
Old Mar 27, 2009 | 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NativeSS
nope, drive train is stock.
how many miles do u have on? and did u check the acd reservoir fluid level if it has dropped?
Old Mar 27, 2009 | 07:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
how many miles do u have on? and did u check the acd reservoir fluid level if it has dropped?
alll fluids were recently changed (three lights came on before fluid change) and i didnt find any low levels. from what i hear, if the three lights come one it means the ACD sensor is bad? or possibly the module? i believe it mentions something about this in the Owners manual.
Old Mar 27, 2009 | 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

mmmm that's wierd, if the fluid hasn;t changed since then, then ur acd is still good, or anything related to it is still just as good.
did u come to a quick stop , as in did u break hard to a stop? my only thought would be incase the fluid level shifted during a hard stop and the fluid shifted, thus, the lights came on. the acd lights would come on if ur fluid level drops below the recommended level.
Old Mar 27, 2009 | 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NativeSS
alll fluids were recently changed (three lights came on before fluid change) and i didnt find any low levels. from what i hear, if the three lights come one it means the ACD sensor is bad? or possibly the module? i believe it mentions something about this in the Owners manual.
there is a whole section about the ACD that u might find useful.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...everybody.html

and the ABS sensor is one of them, somehow if the abs sensor is bad, then ur 3 lights will come on as well.
Old Mar 27, 2009 | 07:38 PM
Account Disabled

ehh i'm not too worried about it since it hasnt come back on. it happened the one time and i figured it was due to the cold that night. thanks for the help tho, good info.
Old Mar 27, 2009 | 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

How often do you have to change the ACD fluid?
Old Mar 28, 2009 | 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

bump for anyone else??
Old Mar 28, 2009 | 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Meevo
How often do you have to change the ACD fluid?
not sure if u really need to change it much, the application that its being used for is different than an engine or tranny oil, i don;t think is any moving parts, its more of a clutch pad that operates on compressing the viscouse. not sure tho, someone might pitch on this one.
cheers!
Old Mar 28, 2009 | 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

It comes and goes on mine. Usually when the engine starts, nothing happens but as I start driving past some speed, it comes on and stay on. I also have the whining noise too. Hate it. Going to call up the dealer to get it check once the weather is better and I have more time so I can see how they test it make sure they detect the noise.

Quick Reply: Sort of ACD issue?