Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

1320awd buildup

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
more....MORE! I WANT MORE!
Old May 1, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AxionIndustries
Well I really dont care to much about peak power, Im really just looking to run in the 9's and enjoy doing it. I would love for 8's but its gonna take alot of work and tuning and suspension work to get there. 2009 season I think will just be for dialing in the car and trying to get it in the 9's
Good stuff! I'll pm you as i have some things to throw at you to compare notes about you're set-up.

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
with the power u will be putting down 8s shouldn't really be a problem...
Not so sure about that but theoretically YES
Old May 21, 2009, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got my wheels today and the Hoosier slicks arrived. Looks like im going to need a small spacer for the front wheels and might need to just shave a small corner of the wilwood caliper.

Centerline Competition Qualifier 15x7 w/ 4.5 backspacing
Hoosier Quick time Pro slicks 26x9.5x15

Car is coming along nicely but concentrating on getting the company set up.. Hope you all enjoy the pics. I will have them all mounted and on the car next week...

Old May 21, 2009, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

oh thats gonna be niiiiiccccceeee lol...

freakin monster!
Old May 21, 2009, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Hey man thanks for the updated pics......what ever happened with that other wheel company did things not work out???

Anyway i really like the look of these are they readily available i may have a customer that may want some after seeing your pics.

Should look really nice but a couple other ?'s 1-is the weight of the wheel 2-are you not planning on running a full slick rather than the qtp's?
Old May 21, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

They come in right at 13lbs and in the competition line they have 5 different styles. I still plan to run the car on the street but very seldom eventually I will go to a full slick but picked these up for now. I really like the look and glad I went with this setup , just need to get the spacers on and make sure it doesnt rub on the caliper
Old May 21, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

that turbo is truly massive....good luck with the build
Old May 21, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1320awd
They come in right at 13lbs and in the competition line they have 5 different styles. I still plan to run the car on the street but very seldom eventually I will go to a full slick but picked these up for now. I really like the look and glad I went with this setup , just need to get the spacers on and make sure it doesnt rub on the caliper
Cool how big of a spacer do you think is needed....i run a 15mm H&R spacer but after looking things over can probably get away with something a little less.

I'd hate to see you have to shave down the Willwoods

What do those things run anyway it's been a while since i've looked for wheels of any sort
Old May 21, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

I am going to run a 3/4 inch to be safe trying not to shave down the wilwood , I really hate running the spacers but there isnt much option out there. I picked these up for $199 each
Old May 21, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Good luck on the build, things are looking good. Glad to see Mike taking great care of you on the build, he's a great guy running a great company.

Just for reference, the wheels we had on our black car fit over the Wilwoods and we had no spacer in them. I don't remember who we had make them but if my memory is correct, they were only about 10 pounds a piece. For a drag car, which is any EVO with 15" wheels and small brakes on it, they would work out perfectly. With the huge soft sidewall on any tire going on that 15" rim there is no worry of damage on the street. You can't take a corner with the car anymore and there is a bunch of room to save any pothole damage.

Can't wait to se the car run.
Old May 21, 2009, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the great words David. Mike has been great with helping me decide the right way to go on the build, hopefully when I get the car running it will pull some good times.
Old May 21, 2009, 06:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Good luck on the build, things are looking good. Glad to see Mike taking great care of you on the build, he's a great guy running a great company.

Just for reference, the wheels we had on our black car fit over the Wilwoods and we had no spacer in them. I don't remember who we had make them but if my memory is correct, they were only about 10 pounds a piece. For a drag car, which is any EVO with 15" wheels and small brakes on it, they would work out perfectly. With the huge soft sidewall on any tire going on that 15" rim there is no worry of damage on the street. You can't take a corner with the car anymore and there is a bunch of room to save any pothole damage.

Can't wait to se the car run.
Thanks for the support as always Dave.. Your wheels were Keizer's.. Trust me i didnt forget.. LOL I have had my eye on those since the shotoout..

The car is coming along nicely!! I am sure it will run as good as it looks!! Good luck..

Mike
Old May 21, 2009, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like a sick build, keep them updates coming...
Old May 22, 2009, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

I will have pics on Wed with them all mounted and the car on the ground..
Old May 29, 2009, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Well there all mounted and on the car, im having some trouble with the fronts clearing the caliper as they are hanging up a little. I do have a 3/4" spacer on the car and will be taking them off soon to see where they hang up and may grind down the caliper on the 2 small spots where they are hanging up and may not need the spacer... hope you all like

Quick Reply: 1320awd buildup