Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Red Wait List

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
WOW my story is he opposite of most of you guys. I tried to get a bbk full from crbd and he never replied to my emails so i said screw it. Man i feel sorry for some of you guys lol i ordered my fp red from my boy on dec 24. i did not even pay close to retail cost and i got it in 4 days and its brand new fp turbo not that rebuilt crap. lol i just talked to him he said he can get reds in about 3 weeks if your intrested. I am glad mellon told me last year i better get one so i was like well if i come across one ill pick it up i did and i did not have to wait 13 weeks. So those of you waiting just hang tight it sucks now but when you finally get your hands on one you will drool and realize why you waited so long. I have not even installed mine and im happy i have a turbo upgrade at least on wait till i finish the exterior which will not be to far off.
Double post....

Last edited by SRT-TO-EVO; Apr 13, 2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
WOW my story is he opposite of most of you guys. I tried to get a bbk full from crbd and he never replied to my emails so i said screw it. Man i feel sorry for some of you guys lol i ordered my fp red from my boy on dec 24. i did not even pay close to retail cost and i got it in 4 days and its brand new fp turbo not that rebuilt crap. lol i just talked to him he said he can get reds in about 3 weeks if your intrested. I am glad mellon told me last year i better get one so i was like well if i come across one ill pick it up i did and i did not have to wait 13 weeks. So those of you waiting just hang tight it sucks now but when you finally get your hands on one you will drool and realize why you waited so long. I have not even installed mine and im happy i have a turbo upgrade at least on wait till i finish the exterior which will not be to far off.
Every RED is a rebuilt IX turbo FYI . RED's aren't built as they are. They are IX turbos that are disassembled, machined, and built to FP's specs with their parts. That rebuilt "crap" is what you and everyone else who has a RED is rocking under their hood.

Last edited by SRT-TO-EVO; Apr 13, 2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
true dat^^^
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a red on order through Aaron at English. I'm waiting patiently and I frankly don't care how long it takes. I haven't called FP once. I've spoken to Aaron maybe three times in 5 weeks...mostly to talk about other things (dyno they just bought, GSC 9 camshafts that I have, and wastegate actuators)

I think its a good sign that they're backed up. If they made a bad product and didn't support it people wouldn't be buying turbochargers from them.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fvaldes
Mine took about 5 weeks. Here it the trick. I called them and asked if they could possibly send it as soon as possible cause I was racing in a couple of weeks. They told me they would do the best. But then this person told me about this trick that would speed things up. He said. Don't ask for a ported Red, just ask for the normal, it takes much less time to build. So I did and in a very short noticed I got a notice from Fed Ex that my turbo was being delivered. So try asking if not porting the turbo will make a difference in delivery time. Hope this helps

Porting hardly made a difference for mine and I guess having it ported helps with boost creep. On a side note, they are badly backed up. they send the turbos in batches to have machine work done so I think alot of the wait time has to do with a bulk of turbos waiting for the machine work. 13 weeks is insane....maybe this particular turbo got miss placed or something. what worried me was I couldnt get a hold of anyone a week AFTER they told me the turbo was supposed to ship. My wife got ahold of Amber today and they boxed it up on the spot with my wife on the phone and put it on the UPS truck along with some other turbos...so for those who have been waiting for a while, check your email!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 03:21 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Trust me I didn't ask for the port option nor do I want it. When your told 4-6 weeks and your going on 10 something has gone horrible wrong. Also when you call or e-mail and one person tells you this week and another tells you something else something is wrong there too. Also Myself and Tony have been told we are top of the list aka #1. So who is #1 myself or Tony? I guess I'll have to call yet again and ask wtf?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe its time to get demanding and/or ask for a refund or discount or something. Not sure what to tell you man....their customer service is good but i agree there is lack of communication in their shop when it comes to stuff like this...I feel bad for them though because they make such good products and thats what gets them slammed and backed..either it be a lack of parts in a timely fashion or just having so much to do at once. I am hoping they will get in here and respond to your thread with .some reasoning.

I was never told I was at the top of any list or anything, they were just damn near impossible to get a hold of last week, and that was when my turbo was supposed to get shipped.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tony gibson
Maybe its time to get demanding and/or ask for a refund or discount or something. Not sure what to tell you man....their customer service is good but i agree there is lack of communication in their shop when it comes to stuff like this...I feel bad for them though because they make such good products and thats what gets them slammed and backed..either it be a lack of parts in a timely fashion or just having so much to do at once. I am hoping they will get in here and respond to your thread with .some reasoning.

I was never told I was at the top of any list or anything, they were just damn near impossible to get a hold of last week, and that was when my turbo was supposed to get shipped.
I want to make sure that I'm not bashing them but it does seem like myself and Tony aka "silver9mr" need to get slightly upset about this. Normally I wouldn't even speak to him cause he is from MA so he is probably a Red Sox fan and a New England Pats fan. Being that I'm from NY and I'm a Yankees and Giants fan we should clash. But we have something in common we have been oppressed by FP. I'm not a big fan of false information or conflicting information from persons who work for the same employer. I have e-mail correspondence from both parties outside of Rob dating back to January when I first inquired about the build and turn around time. I'm pretty sure myself and Tony had the same idea in mind if we purchase the turbo directly from FP over the phone we would get this turbo faster then let say BR or any other vendor but I guess we have been proven wrong. I should have gone to a junk yard and pulled a stock 9 turbo and I might have gotten my turbo faster.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

You are perfectly in your rights to be upset and I dont see it as you bashing them. I'm sure if you press the test on the phone with Amber, she will get to the bottom of it...they just got a batch of parts in last week so they should have the means to get it done hopefuly soon. Good luck man. I agree with the conflicting info within the company being a bad thing..I also understand their situation but 13 weeks is no bueno.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tony gibson
You are perfectly in your rights to be upset and I dont see it as you bashing them. I'm sure if you press the test on the phone with Amber, she will get to the bottom of it...they just got a batch of parts in last week so they should have the means to get it done hopefuly soon. Good luck man. I agree with the conflicting info within the company being a bad thing..I also understand their situation but 13 weeks is no bueno.
The other part that gets me is I was told there is no special treatment for vendors. Vendors have to wait in line just like I do. But why is the shop where I plan to get this turbo built he got 3 in March and he is getting another 5 this week. He isn't even a big vendor like BR or Dynoflash. That is the part that has me upset. So when does being patient become a dumb move on my behalf? The other crazy fact was I never even e-mail or called until the 7th week. On the 8th week I sent a very angry yet respectful e-mail to both Aniel and Amber. The replys I got were very crazy. Aniel gave me some shot gun answer like we have been friends for years. Amber gave me the most professional reply ever. She even made a note on my order to change my shipping. But when I was told I'm on the top of the list by both and then "silver9mr" sends me a PM with his concerns and he tells me he was on the top of the list I'm not buying what they are telling me anymore. I think they even told him something like the hold up is from porting or something. Which would be fine if both of us chose the port option but we didn't. We are porting our turbos but via different means. You know and the real messed up part is i like FP's work they have done big work for me in the past from the DSM days to the turbo Civic days. Now with the evo just not too sure about them anymore.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:10 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
In heavier industry there is such a thing as a delivery date. When that date is past, charge-backs are due, and thus the price of the product goes down for the end customer. Why people do not demand this of FP is beyond me. Their timeframe is always '2 weeks' or '6 weeks' but never a firm date. Demand a date people, and hold them to it. If you talk to someone, note their name and the date you talked to them.

Last year when their IX cams were on backorder I had a friend who was on the waiting list. I got SO SICK of hearing him whine about it I called FP myself and demanded to know wtf the deal was, and got a straight answer. The sad thing is, my friend had gotten the run-around and told different things by different people there. Why this happens is beyond me, ForcedPerformance FTL when it comes to dealing with waiting customers.

Originally Posted by DBallz
Look before anyone gets it twisted I have sent plenty of turbos to FP to get modded over the last 15 years and so far waiting for this turbo has been the worst. I'm super happy that FP has come up with a sick *** turbo in stock format that produces crazy power but this turn around time is crazy. Happy waiting!
15 years, have they actually been around that long? archive.org only dates their www site back to August 2000. Just curious. What were they doing 15 years ago for you

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Man history repeats itself. I believe I remember the EXACT same type of thread with the FPgreen.
Heh, actually there has been at least 3 threads like this just for the red. There were several for the green too. Seems like they pop up every 3-5 months.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scheides
In heavier industry there is such a thing as a delivery date. When that date is past, charge-backs are due, and thus the price of the product goes down for the end customer. Why people do not demand this of FP is beyond me. Their timeframe is always '2 weeks' or '6 weeks' but never a firm date. Demand a date people, and hold them to it. If you talk to someone, note their name and the date you talked to them.

Last year when their IX cams were on backorder I had a friend who was on the waiting list. I got SO SICK of hearing him whine about it I called FP myself and demanded to know wtf the deal was, and got a straight answer. The sad thing is, my friend had gotten the run-around and told different things by different people there. Why this happens is beyond me, ForcedPerformance FTL when it comes to dealing with waiting customers.
Thanks for the positive feed back and good information on how to deal with them I'm just trying to avoid really getting upset. Cause usually when that happens i don't see, think, or speak straight of clearly. Maybe I should paypal you some cash so you can call for me? LOL

Originally Posted by scheides
15 years, have they actually been around that long? archive.org only dates their www site back to August 2000. Just curious. What were they doing 15 years ago for you
Sorry 11 years to be exact. But they have been around when I had my first DSM back in 98 and I got another one used back in 2000 the same year I bought my Si. Back in 98' I don't think they were that big in the industry but they were around I used to deal with Rob directly back then.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

do NOT ask for porting. it will shave off several weeks from your wait time.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:28 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DBallz
Thanks for the positive feed back and good information on how to deal with them I'm just trying to avoid really getting upset. Cause usually when that happens i don't see, think, or speak straight of clearly. Maybe I should paypal you some cash so you can call for me? LOL
LOL just what I need, to be come a FP backorder consultant. For $20 I'll hassle the **** out of them for ya

Perhaps you could save yourself the pain, suffering, and money by calling this number: 717.751.2345. You should get right through.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dr. SS
do NOT ask for porting. it will shave off several weeks from your wait time.
Never did I'm having PPI port my turbo, exhaust manifold, intake mani, and TB