Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AP bov...rpms weird

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AP bov...rpms weird

Hey guys i got the evo running and i changed a few thing on her in the goal of 410 on the stock turbo. Which reminds me i need to change my sig lol. Okay so i installed a AP bov and have it running 50/50. the bov is adjustable and this is my first time owning an adjustable bov switching from the MR bov.

Okay with that said when i first took the car out for a test drive i had the boost turnd down to 13psi...the bov was working great.....so i started to turn up the boost and the bov seemed a lil soft fluttering a lot at low rpm so i tightined the spring and turnd the boost up more and it started fluttering again after 6 4th gear pulls with the car im at 26psi and now my rpms raise 1500 1800 when i let off the gas to shift.....

please help me out guys as like i said im really new to the adjustable bov. and im still getting low boost flutter.

thanks a bunch guys!
Brandon
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

I just searched and really cant find the answer to this......please help me out guys.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm really not sure why its doing that.

I have a Forge BOV and I have ran it recirculated and VTA, never had the problems your speaking of.

I normally hear good things about the APS 50/50 BOV though.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
I'm really not sure why its doing that.

I have a Forge BOV and I have ran it recirculated and VTA, never had the problems your speaking of.

I normally hear good things about the APS 50/50 BOV though.
NoNo is the AP (Agency Power) bov. its really a nice piece and sounds awesome just not sure what adjustments i should make?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, well in that case I havn't heard anything about that BOV. Neither good or bad..

Best of luck to you!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

thanks bud. my car runs great besides this..
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have the AP bov. I have the synchro bov and it does flutter too. Hope you can find the answer. I'm guessing going to the 9 bov is probably the best answer?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvolNinja
I don't have the AP bov. I have the synchro bov and it does flutter too. Hope you can find the answer. I'm guessing going to the 9 bov is probably the best answer?
haha i had the 9 bov i sold it and bought this....
Old Apr 15, 2009, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

bump..
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05EvoVIII
haha i had the 9 bov i sold it and bought this....
First of all, is it APS BOV or AP? please make sure what you typed, it's confusing. I only heard APS bov

Secondly, the JDM MR/IX dv does flutter under low boost/partial too, I drove 3 different evo IX and they all flutters under light throttle, in fact I just drove one yesterday, it's not like what people said it won't flutters.

I am currently running APS BOV in my evo 8 too, this is by far the best bov ever, it nevers flutters under any amount of thorottle. I bought it brand new and it works better than the JDM MR DV I had, it even holds more boost.

but now I have to say APS BOV is not for everyone.

Your problem reminds me of "throttle hang" which means once you let off the gas the rpm raises. My buddy had the same problem when running the APS bov in his IXj, and I even put my APS bov in his evo ix and the throttle hang still occurs, in the end we sold his APS unit b/c it just doesn't work for his car.

Last edited by fugiwara; Apr 15, 2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvolNinja
a lot of dv/bov out there flutters, which I hate a lot, only my APS BOV never flutters, but it depends on car to car some like it some don't. the APS in my evo works so smoothly, no matter how much throttle I apply to it, it always releases smoothly.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

ok sorry to be rude but like i said b4 I HAVE THE AGENCY POWER BOV (AP) you guys just need to read a lil haha. okay this bov came with a horn to run the 50/50 and a cap to run full recirculating.....
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

FYI, I did have the throttle hang problem w/ my APS bov, it went away after I replaced my throttle body shaft seal, this is something every evo should've done or checked.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05EvoVIII
ok sorry to be rude but like i said b4 I HAVE THE AGENCY POWER BOV (AP) you guys just need to read a lil haha. okay this bov came with a horn to run the 50/50 and a cap to run full recirculating.....
yes you are right, you did correct the other member's statement, maybe it would be better if you spell out the agency power in the first post too.

search under term "throttle hang" this is the term you need to use for your problem
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fugiwara
FYI, I did have the throttle hang problem w/ my APS bov, it went away after I replaced my throttle body shaft seal, this is something every evo should've done or checked.

more info on this please you are not the first person to say that to me and i have never heard of this b4 i started asking around?

Quick Reply: AP bov...rpms weird