Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

4.6L BBK Throttle body Leak Fix??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4.6L BBK Throttle body Leak Fix??

Well I have had the BBK throttle body for some time, its ok but it leaks pretty good. Full Function does some trick stuff for the 5.0L bolt pattern but wondering if anyone does anything with the 4.6L bolt pattern. Like what full function does, New wheel for the evo, tougher spring, and leak proof seals!!

Very intrested If someone finds one even if its a diffrent throttle body with that bolt pattern!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Have you tried contacting milspec? I talked to them last fall about possibly making a high pressure throttle shaft seal for those throttle bodies similar to what they do for the stock throttle body and they were going to purchase one and take some measurements and see if they could come up with a solution.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Well maybe he will see this post, I called Full Function and they said they could prob do something but would need the Throttle body as well... Not really wanting to take it off and make mine a "test dumby"
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Have you considered the new Boomba racing 75mm TB. It has a 5.0 bolt pattern but is guaranteed not to leak. I know AMS can reflange the standard VSR but I am not sure about the drag version and I know its around $300 just for the reflange.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jbergmeier
Well maybe he will see this post, I called Full Function and they said they could prob do something but would need the Throttle body as well... Not really wanting to take it off and make mine a "test dumby"
Sorry to hear about the leaks.

Our newest version of the 75mm tb is the best yet but i understand that you don't care to swap flanges nor send yours in to us and suffer the down time.

I too understand not wanting to be the guinea pig and honestly that's why we don't prefer to use the 4.6L ones as we have figured out the most effective means to use the 5.0L style.....not too mention i think our isc adapters would need revisions and/or a whole new product with limited interest.

If you do switch over to the 5.0L pattern check into this if you haven't seen it yet:
http://www.fftec.com/product.php?pro...8&cat=0&page=2
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
We were supposed to have someone send us a BBK 75mm unit so we could spec seals for it. That hasn't happened yet. We may just buy one at some point.
Old May 13, 2009, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

I have a New BBK Throttle body siting here wanting to send it out. Im intrested in the wheel upgrade (more peddle Travel) and stifer spring, along with Better Seals.

I noticed today that my BBK on my car the wheel is loss side to side from the shaft, dont know how this happend the new on I have here is solid. Almost as if its less pressed or somthing.... SO what Company is more intrested That is the question! can it be done if a few weeks? not months?
Old May 13, 2009, 04:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
It shouldn't take too long to spec seals. All we need the TB for is measurements. If anyone wants to send MIL.SPEC a BBK TB, please PM me....that way we can spec seals for it
Old May 13, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
It shouldn't take too long to spec seals. All we need the TB for is measurements. If anyone wants to send MIL.SPEC a BBK TB, please PM me....that way we can spec seals for it
Shipped
Old May 13, 2009, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

So Driven you sent Milspec a 4.6L bolt pattern BBk? So I dont have to send this new one?? what about the intrest in the wheel and spring? any takers?