Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Trying to build my Tranny need help!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Trying to build my Tranny need help!!

Hey Guys, my car is moded with almost everything except the engine it’s bone stock, got all BR stage 1-4 with the HTA35R cast main, the car makes awesome power around 511whp on DLL.

But for some resone the car lost its top end, its fast and has amazing acceleration, but it didn’t have the top end that it used to have when it had the 6 speed.

Most people told me because it’s an evo 9 5 speed tranny, so I need to build it and get a better final drive, so am in the market of trying to get it built, but the problem is I live half way across the world in middle east Kuwait, and sending the tranny all the way to the US to shep well cost me a lot, not to mention the shipping companies here are starting to lose a lot of packages lately and I can’t offered to lose my tranny like I did with my twin fuel pump.

So am planning to build my tranny here with an evo 8 3rd and 4th gearset, but I can’t seem to find any vendor on the forum that sell it, I tried contacting TRE through e-mail but with no response, and also I contacted shep yesterday and still haven’t got any response from them.

As for the final drive I found a site that sells the HKS 4.11 final drive, so it’s already taking care of

If anyone can tell me where I can get the gearset I would be grateful, also if there's anything that I need to get please let me know.

Thanks

Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:10 AM
Evolving Member

Try going to car-part.com, its a search engine for wrecking yards all over the united states. Im sure you will be able to track down the gear you are looking for there.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:39 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks man, well looking in to it

Anyone eles
Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Mitsubishi dealership should have all new tranny parts...good luck
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Bump
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
**** i'm trying to find a 6spd gear set. How hard is a 5 spd swap??? i was thinking of Cryo treating a stock gear set, but i don't know if that will do it.