Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What do I look for in a BOV??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GPTourer
I'll save you some money and let you know they already have a fake rice box BOV simulator. I bet it sounds awsome. So unless your local Pull-A-Part has a Tesla Roadster in it, you might want to check it out.
Just like a woman has fake breasts - I will have a fake BOV sounds =)

Stupid-ism FTW!!! yey!
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Xearo
can i just use the Evo X BOV and let it vent?
You can setup any BOV to vent...
Old Jun 7, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

i tried that but didnt hear a thing accept a litttle turbo flutter. Turbo flutter didnt sound good and you cant even hear it otside the car. Didnt hhave any noticable driving problems though.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 01:51 PM

can anybody recommend a couple twin vent BOV?
Old Jul 2, 2009, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Neteru
can anybody recommend a couple twin vent BOV?
APS Twin vent. It's been covered a million times. It's the one and only best BOV that recirculates and whooshes at the same time.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Toxin
APS Twin vent. It's been covered a million times. It's the one and only best BOV that recirculates and whooshes at the same time.
i imagine it sacrifices a certain amount of recirculated air in order to VTA too, though, right

Last edited by Neteru; Jul 8, 2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TxEvo8
If you guys want to VTA, go ahead and waste your money. There are too many threads about this issue to continue this discussion.
exactly

Originally Posted by ernald711
I'm acutally looking for a BOV also. I've done tons of research. I'm leaning toward the HKS one, but i don't really want the sound. If i do go that route, I'll throw on the purple insert so it won't be that loud. I just need a BOV that will hold 26psi fine. I also heard, cause I haven't seen it anywhere that the HKS SSQV will start leaking at 27lbs. Can anyone confirm that?
had that problem with my greddy rs. got the forge, holds 27 fine

Last edited by gottf257; Jul 22, 2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep, If your running speed density then go VTA, if not then go recirculated!

Not sure if anyone else is using the Turbosmart Race Port BOV. Its pretty new, but I have had 4 different BOV and none seem to hold boost. This BOV is the ****.... I run a 35lb spike with no problem and have no boost leaks. Call and talk to Adam at MAPerformance. He will hook you up! I may post a video on youtube when my bat charges for my cam. It sounds pretty nice!
Old Aug 8, 2009, 01:18 AM

look for what flows best for your set up
Old Aug 8, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Xearo
Just like a woman has fake breasts - I will have a fake BOV sounds =)

Stupid-ism FTW!!! yey!
Except a fake BOV simulator rice box to me would be like a chick stuffing her bra with tissue paper. "real" implants would be more like a BOV with a megaphone on the end or venting a car designed for recirculate. But perhaps, I've thought about this too much.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha i love all the people that scream "NEVER VTA"...

for one, i highly doubt you personally have put a vta bov on your car to actually see for yourself whether or not you will have problems.

secondly, most people that are having problems are using the hks ssqv. i don't know but logic is telling me to stay away from that bov if a lot of people are having problems with it

thirdly, i have a tial 50mm bov on my car. i went against the wind of everybody telling me that i'll have idling problems and that my car won't run right at all. so i installed it and guess what? it works 100% as well as the stock dv does and yet it sounds 100x better

if you want to get a bov, i say go with the tried and true tial. there a reason why a lot of boosted prepped race cars use it
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Floyd is Pink

for one, i highly doubt you personally have put a vta bov on your car to actually see for yourself whether or not you will have problems.

secondly, most people that are having problems are using the hks ssqv. i don't know but logic is telling me to stay away from that bov if a lot of people are having problems with it

thirdly, i have a tial 50mm bov on my car. i went against the wind of everybody telling me that i'll have idling problems and that my car won't run right at all. so i installed it and guess what? it works 100% as well as the stock dv does and yet it sounds 100x better

if you want to get a bov, i say go with the tried and true tial. there a reason why a lot of boosted prepped race cars use it
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 50mm IMO is the best BOV on the market! I love mine but its a TubroSmart
Old Aug 27, 2009, 03:02 PM

new to evos here....any links of the VTA problems threads?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, scientifically, there's just no way possible for it NOT to have bad results. Yes, some cars may react differently, some may stumble, some may stall completely, but ALL will suffer reduced performance for the sake of sound - which is the core essence of rice IMO.

Quick Reply: What do I look for in a BOV??