Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Red 80mm inlet Flow Advancement Port

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FP Red 80mm inlet Flow Advancement Port

Looking for any reviews on this new housing, appreciate any feedback, especially from those that are surging in the 4th (or higher) gear WOT range! As far as looks, is it that noticeable? it looks Phat (sic even), I like it! My Current Red is KICKASS! driveability is way smooth as long as I'm in the power band in the 4th-6th gear range when I get into it. I'm really very pleased with my current build, just looking for perfection!
Old May 10, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too would like input on this. I havn't installed my red yet and called to see if it would be possible to swap the housing, but was told it will not happen and the housing would have to be bought separately for around $200 .
Old May 10, 2009, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

I didn't even know there was a new housing out?

(goes back under his rock)
Old May 10, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

80mm compressor cover will definitely help with it's anti-surge ports built in. Though it might take away slightly from spool time, I see no other downsides minus the fact it may not look "factory" :laughs:.
Old May 10, 2009, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mitchubishi
I too would like input on this. I havn't installed my red yet and called to see if it would be possible to swap the housing, but was told it will not happen and the housing would have to be bought separately for around $200 .
yep, I was told the same thing, They said it would be a couple weeks before they started sending them (orders) out. I've been waiting patiently
Old May 10, 2009, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tatsuIX
yep, I was told the same thing, They said it would be a couple weeks before they started sending them (orders) out. I've been waiting patiently
It's already out, I've had mine for a couple weeks already (although I was one of the first to receive one, only a few others have them). https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...r-housing.html Just waiting for my injectors before installing . I don't think the few who have them have gotten around to testing/installing them yet.
Old May 11, 2009, 05:57 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I saw one this weekend. It didn't surge on the dyno, and it was more stock appearing than I thought it would be. Def looks nice, made decent power, etc.
Old May 11, 2009, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by tatsuIX
Looking for any reviews on this new housing, appreciate any feedback, especially from those that are surging in the 4th (or higher) gear WOT range! As far as looks, is it that noticeable? it looks Phat (sic even), I like it! My Current Red is KICKASS! driveability is way smooth as long as I'm in the power band in the 4th-6th gear range when I get into it. I'm really very pleased with my current build, just looking for perfection!
I am surging like hell in 4th and 5th gear. I have called FP and hope to get one asap. I hope that this will cure it.
Old May 11, 2009, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
It's already out, I've had mine for a couple weeks already (although I was one of the first to receive one, only a few others have them). https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...r-housing.html Just waiting for my injectors before installing . I don't think the few who have them have gotten around to testing/installing them yet.
I was the first buddy lol. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-red-here.html

But to answer the question i have no feed back on this turbo yet I'm still waiting for some parts to be ported by PPI. But I guess the feedback will come from Jimmy and Junior from The Shop.
Old May 11, 2009, 06:17 AM
Account Disabled

I'm looking forward to a customer of mine getting one of these...would like to see if it makes any real difference
Old May 11, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i heard was told by my tuner proper tuning and porting the hotside will help this surging issue. I have not installed my red yet but i hope to someday ill wait to see how these new ones do then make my choice to either get that one and sell mine or just keep what i got. Probaly just keep it lol. I really dont want to pay full price for one and i like the appearance of stock ill just get mine ported
Old May 11, 2009, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

ive had mine for like 2 weeks now just waiting for some more parts then its going in the 80mm cover is sick looking...kunal get ready to tune it buddy lol
Old May 11, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
somebody has already installed one of these i read his thread last night was doing something like 414 whp

P.S. Mellon answer you pms buddy would be nice
Old May 11, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Can you find what mods? I'm at 412 on pump gas with the smaller housing
Old May 11, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Installation of the new FPRed currently in progress along with fuel system upgrades for a e85 setup (blue 1250's, double pump, fpr etc).

Quick Reply: FP Red 80mm inlet Flow Advancement Port