Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Carrillo Rods, Wiseco Pistons Weights etc (New build)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carrillo Rods, Wiseco Pistons Weights etc (New build)

To day i was bored and since i am waiting for my new turbo and some other parts i took the chance to weight the new internals for my car

1st its the Carrillo H-beam rods with the carr rod bolts. Its been said that these are the best rods that someone can buy for the evo, but what drove me to this purchase was the weight:

My digital scale measured them 574 grams with the rod bolts. They must be one of the lightest rods out there and compared with my second choice which was the Manley Turbo Tuff I beams they are 101 grams lighter!

I am sure this difference will show especially on the way that the car will rev...

Second its the pistons. Wiseco 1400 HD 85mm which is the stock bore.

Just the pistons weight 336 grams. I am not sure how much lighter they are from the stock ones. Does any one know the weight of the stock pistons?

Now with the heavy duty 22mm wrist pin and the lock and the rings the weight, according to my scale is 499 grams

The build will include a set of Ferrea Behive springs, titanium retainers, ARP L19 head studs, Fluidampr harmonic damper and probably cosworth gasket, rod bearings, new belts, etc...

Power wise i am upgrading my Buschur 3065 turbo to a Buschur FS635, along with 1200cc injectors, Buschur double pumper and of course a retune...

Currently the car is pumping 372awhp @ 25psi on a Dyno Dynamics on pumpgas 93 octane and the best time with a race weight of 3400 lbs is 11.7 @ 121mph...

From other cars that I 've seen, i am expecting around 450-460awhp on the same boost pressure and of course much more on racegas...

Big thanks to all the Evom vendors who hooked me up with great deals like Buschur Racing, AWD Motorsports, ExtremePSI, Maxum Tech for my Tial flanged UICP and of course THE SHOP, Jimmy and Junior for the incredible tune on my AEM. I should video the car on how it starts... For an AEM its unbelievable!!!!

I 'll keep you posted...
Old May 10, 2009, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

nice, those carillo's are quality and light. Whats the weight of a normal wiseco compared to the HD?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:15 AM
Evolving Member

looks very nice set up im thinking of swapping my manley Turbo Tuff I beams for carrillo whats the max hp the Carrillo rods will hold

im looking in to hd pistons too

looks like a good set up
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice