Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Greddy Ti-C Turboback

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Ti-C Turboback

I'm considering picking up the Ti-C turboback for my IX but I have enough problems with cops and tickets as is. I feel like a ***** for asking but anyone got this exhaust with the silencer on it? How loud is it? Or how does it sound with it off, like how loud?
Old May 13, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

bummmp...
Old May 13, 2009, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone have opinions on this exhaust at all?
Old May 13, 2009, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

I run the TI-C without a CAT. its not too loud unless your on the gas full tilt boogie. that being said, its deeper, and loud enough to get me stopped a couple times by State Troopers. they all pretty much said the same thing. "Its not that loud, but I heard it and thats why I stopped you" "well that and no front plate." I have learned to push the clutch in and coast by them now. I have never got a ticket for this exhaust. People comment that it sounds great, very distinct sound.

Last edited by newimportowner; May 13, 2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old May 13, 2009, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Im in Wisconsin where its illegal to have an exhaust that changes the sound from the factory, I dont know how bad it is in NY though. good luck
Old May 13, 2009, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by newimportowner
I run the TI-C without a CAT. its not too loud unless your on the gas full tilt boogie. that being said, its deeper, and loud enough to get me stopped a couple times by State Troopers. they all pretty much said the same thing. "Its not that loud, but I heard it and thats why I stopped you" "well that and no front plate." I have learned to push the clutch in and coast by them now. I have never got a ticket for this exhaust. People comment that it sounds great, very distinct sound.
Originally Posted by newimportowner
Im in Wisconsin where its illegal to have an exhaust that changes the sound from the factory, I dont know how bad it is in NY though. good luck
It's not outlawed here but cops are scum bags in New York and get worse with time lol. I think I'm going to pick up the turbo back when I get some more money. Thanks for for your input, I'm really only concerned with the sound at idle and just driving slow, that **** can scream at WOT for all I care lol.
Old May 13, 2009, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

bump for any more opinions
Old May 14, 2009, 12:13 AM

I got that exhaust. I really like the sound. I just got a test pipe and i barely noticed in sound difference on my car. It's just a little louder.
Old May 14, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Yea I like the sound clips I've seen on youtube, it definitely has a deep distinguishable sound to it. And the muffler looks pretty ill too lol. I had an SP2 in the past and the quality was great so I'm sure it's a good product. I think I'm gonna go for it, whenever I get around to picking one up I'll post up my opinions.
Old May 14, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're looking to stay away from cops, stay - VERY FAR AWAY - from this exhaust. I'm telling you from experience as it's the exhaust I have.

Silencer doesn't help as much as you would expect either and the sound with it in is not what you heard on youtube.

It's an awesome looking, great sounding exhaust, however the word quiet doesn't exist in Ti-C's vocabulary.
Old May 14, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am running this cat back on stock DP and stock cat, no silencer. It has a great sound, and not obnoxious. But it is right on the line of being too loud for what I want. I know once I go to a test pipe/HFC and DP it will be too loud, but I'll deal with that once the time comes.
Old May 14, 2009, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Is it obnoxiously obviously not stock sounding at idle though?
Old May 15, 2009, 12:26 AM

Damn I must be too used to loud loud exhausts on cars i used to have to consider this exhaust quiet. lol
Old May 15, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Werd
Is it obnoxiously obviously not stock sounding at idle though?
No.
Old May 15, 2009, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolution253
Damn I must be too used to loud loud exhausts on cars i used to have to consider this exhaust quiet. lol
Well, I have a 3" DP, test pipe, and Apex'i N-1 on my Eclipse, and it is loud. Not N/A loud of course, but turbo car loud. I just don't want that for my Evo. The Ti-C is right on the fine line I think.

Quick Reply: Greddy Ti-C Turboback