Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ottomatic's FP Red Install / e-85 build - Progress Pics

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2009, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ottomatic's FP Red Install / e-85 build - Progress Pics

The Plan

Install new FP Red with anti-surge compressor cover, full blown dual pump, FIC bluemax 1250 injectors, fuel lab mini regulator, and return kit. Dual map tuned for 93 and e85 with the old HFS switch modifed to be a manual switch to allow map switching.

The Evo

Donald's (Ottomatic) IX MR already has GSC S1's, intake, exhaust, o2 housing, Nisei LICP and race intercooler, and it already had a walbro. It's setup with a 3port GM solenoid w/ECU controlled boost and runs a Tephra mods map. It already has a built TRE tranny and a shep tcase as well.

The car previously trapped 111 on 18's and low boost (21psi) with a few less mods. It hasnt been to the track in quite some time.

The Parts

Nice clean gas tank ready for dual pumps

Pump hanger assembled, almost ready to go in.

Comparison to stock IX turbo.

New turbo/o2 housing bolts (person who did o2 housing previously stripped bolts and jacked stuff up with a impact wrench). Job would have been done had we not run into this.

New turbo being ready'd for install. Why did FP include such a long oil feed line, it's more than double the length of the original one and it doesnt look any better than the OEM line???

Turbo Installed.

Needs new straight coupler to replace old reduced coupler for stock turbo.

More pics to follow, getting fuel line pressed together today and installing the rest fo the fuel system upgrades.
Old May 14, 2009, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool build, maybe now the don can hit his goals
Old May 14, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Do you plan to run the Full-Blown with both pumps on all the time? I'm still having issues with fuel pressure at idle with both on.

Build looks good!
Old May 14, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

That was the plan. I saw the thread that was posted a while back about high base fuel pressure with these setups. I figured we'd give it a try first and then drill the suction tube if necessary. Hobbs switch as a last resort. Have you drilled your suction tube?

edit: Just checked out your build thread. That doesnt look promising . Are you using the factory supply and return lines?

How are the 1450's on pump or do you have them tuned on pump as well as e85?

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; May 14, 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old May 14, 2009, 01:45 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice build, should make damn good power. I saw someone max out some PTE 1000s on a single pump w/ 32psi on the red last weekend, this will def give you some good overhead!
Old May 14, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
That was the plan. I saw the thread that was posted a while back about high base fuel pressure with these setups. I figured we'd give it a try first and then drill the suction tube if necessary. Hobbs switch as a last resort. Have you drilled your suction tube?

edit: Just checked out your build thread. That doesnt look promising . Are you using the factory supply and return lines?

How are the 1450's on pump or do you have them tuned on pump as well as e85?
I've heard of people making the Full-Blown work with drilling the return fitting and leaving the stock FPR, but it wasn't the case for me.

I have stock lines, drilled the return as outlined by Ted B, and just installed a Fuel Lab mini FPR, still on the OEM fuel rail. Lowest idle pressure with both pumps running is 55 psi. Still need to try a few things. I should check my return line for kinks and such.

Once you install the hanger and put the lines on the brass barbs they are hard to get off. Like impossible hard. It's not like stock where you just un-clip them.

The 1450's were hard to scale and made me curse for a few weeks. But I finally figured them out. They run super great on both pump gas and E85.
Old May 15, 2009, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

nice build goodluck
Old May 15, 2009, 01:56 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No fp inline oil filter?
Old May 15, 2009, 03:05 AM

That new compressor housing is soo sexy!!
Old May 15, 2009, 03:42 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, liking the way the red looks. Nice build!
Old May 18, 2009, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

so far added the fuel return adpater, new fpr with gauge, and used rest of ss braided line to the return by the frame rail.
not mounted to anything yet just progress.

last thing is to connect the fuel feed at tank and the inline fuel filter somewhere.

the return to rail in ss braided
Old May 18, 2009, 08:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
looking foward to the results on this

looks like a nice proyect
Old May 18, 2009, 08:52 AM

Nice build, can't wait to see the results. Keep up the good work!
Old May 20, 2009, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

We had some unexpected results which are going to cause a delay. Turned it on to set the base fuel pressure and only had 26psi at the rail with both pumps running. Then tried pumps individually and got 44psi on one and 32psi on the other. Were not sure which pump is the culprit yet.

Just to answer some questions which may come up. Both pumps are running on the original harness, the siphon tube has not been drilled yet. Both pumps were tested individually with the OEM pump harness and the results are posted above.
Old May 20, 2009, 07:43 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
How do the two lines from each pump join into one? I've heard that if you use a standard T fitting, they end up fighting each other. If you use a Y adapter, you will get the results you're after.

Quick Reply: Ottomatic's FP Red Install / e-85 build - Progress Pics