Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

turbo xs boost control install

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2003, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo xs boost control install

ok i just ordered the dual boost controller.
can anyone tell me how to install it?
I would like to try to do this on my own.
Any detail instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

hmm...no one knows how to install?
Old Oct 1, 2003, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry I don'y have any experience with that boost controler, after past experiences I think I will buy one of the major three companies (Greddy, Blitz, HKS) boost controlers. I an not to fond of that company.

- Erik
Old Oct 1, 2003, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Is it EBC?

That is the only experince I have with install. It is pretty simple really. You will have to take off the air box, rubber intake tube, BOV/DV. It is near imposible to get to the actuator and turbo with doing this.

The turbo has a vacum line coming from it that goes into the stock solenoid. The actuator has a vacum line that also goes into the stock solenoid. The stock solenoid is under the airbox. It is a small 1"x1" black box with two vacum lines and a two wire harness going into it. It is hard to miss once you take off the airbox.

OK with that said, if you look in the center of your radiator down to the ground you will see your actuator and vacum line. It is the gold canister next to the turbo. At the bottom of your Turbo is the other vacum line. This is the basic lay of the land in the set up of a boost controler.

The vacum lines hooked to turbo and actuator side are on there like glue! Be patient and they will come off, not before a little knukle banging though.

All you are really doing in this process is bypassing the stock boost controller and hooking up your own. If it is EBC then there are three vacum lines and a harness, MB I would think it is just the two vacum lines.

I hope this helps along with your BC instructions. I will post a pic of the turbo and actuator with the lines hooked in.

Have fun with your BC!!

PS If this is a EBC then you will have to go through the fire wall for the controll box. Do a search and you will find there are many places to come through. I drilled next to the ECU wire harness(pass side) and came in through the passenger side foot well. This was the hardess thing to do because of the carpet and insulation, and cutting a hole in my baby.

Last edited by evolutionist; Oct 1, 2003 at 04:30 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

The first pic is the old and new solenoid hooked together. It is a side view. You can see the old valve has the two lines capped with with caps and the new valve with the lines leading down into the hook up points.
Attached Thumbnails turbo xs boost control install-sol.jpg  
Old Oct 1, 2003, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

This second pic is of the gold actuator. It is hard to see, but this is the best I could do. You can't see the turbo hook up because you need to take off the intake pipe to really see it good.
Attached Thumbnails turbo xs boost control install-act.jpg