Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

A/C Problem

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2009, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man i added some coolant to mine yesterday and it stayed hot (was starting to have a mind of its own) then today i went to check it and something blew up.... shot R134a all over my windshield i thought a coolant line blew sceared the crap out of me (for thinking it was coolant)

so i guess ill yank the A/C now im to poor to buy new stuff for it LOL
Old Jun 25, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

My car started doing the same. Its almost tempermental. One day it will not work at all but hot *** air, the next will be antarctica's record lows. Then it will do just like the OP said, it will work for about 15-20 seconds then click to hot *** air. You can feel the compressor kicking back on through the pedal then hear it in the vents. I had my a/c checked and they said if anything i had too much freon.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 01:20 PM

I would highly recommend not using the canned air from auto stores. These contain stop leak and WILL cause you more problems in the long run. Think about it, STOP LEAK, it stops leaks because there is a chemical inside that reacts when coming into contact with the atmosphere. Well, if you are already low, the air inside might be contaminated already with regular air... thus leading to problems with clogged compressors or lines.... messy stuff... Most good auto shops won't even touch your AC system if they know that you have been using that stuff, because it clogs their machines too... But they will empty your pockets replacing everything... lol...
Old Jun 30, 2009, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

mine just started doing the same. are there any of these easy install kit things that don't have stop leak in them?
Old Jun 30, 2009, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

I had mine re done at work. It's ideal to have the system evacuated and then refilled.

While I know this is not convenient for most people, it's the right way to do it.

IIRC, our AC system only held like 18oz.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

how much would that normally run to have done?

Originally Posted by revvin9k
I had mine re done at work. It's ideal to have the system evacuated and then refilled.

While I know this is not convenient for most people, it's the right way to do it.

IIRC, our AC system only held like 18oz.