Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Best bang for the buck mod?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ultimate sleeper would look all stock with an FP Red on pump gas!!! Change of heart for you:

No intake or IC pipes, No IC, No exhaust, nothing you could see by poping the hood.

FP Red, 3" Down Pipe, FIC 1150 Injectors, 255 Fuel Pump, K&N drop in, boost controller and gage. That should be good for 400WHP. And when you sell it, it will look all stock! It's easier that way.

Last edited by dambikeracer; Jun 16, 2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vizualmadness
so many mixed opinions about the injen ic pipes and itake!!! budget isnt a issue. just dont want to go crazy with the car. want a quick reliable car that i can when i want to go out of town. i plan on selling car this time next year so i dont want to make it hard to sell by changing turbo and everything
well i have the injen uicp and intake pipe if u wanna buy them. there is no way im putting em on my car.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

buschur steps are really good to do. (0-5 stages) the man has really done his homework and knows how to get get the best out of your evo. thats what i went with. good luck to you man in your quest for speed.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:04 AM

goin with ets piped and perrin intake.....
Old Jun 17, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To be hones the LICP gives you better spool. But don't expect any big gains out of it. I would say a couple of HP at the most. Ask any tuner.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 02:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
ETS LP2 Dyno Sheet

Here is a dyno graph showing the difference - This is the average of 3 runs, so the highest and lowest were removed.

Thanks,

Michael
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:51 PM

is it necasary to get an upgraded waste gate actuator? i will be running as much boost as i can on 93 octane.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
All your questions could be answered with the search button, btw.
we all know the search function on this site sucks. its way easier to post a question and the few that are willing to answer the question without giving a stupid "use search" answer will give their 2 cents.

my 2cents. intake, full 3in turboback, mbc, boost gauge, wideband (optional but recommended), and a good tune will put u into 12s. maybe 11s if ur that good of a driver.

this can cost u between 1000-2000 total. depending on the company or person u buy the parts from and the cost of whoever tunes u. not a bad deal.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

is it necasary to get an upgraded waste gate actuator? i will be running as much boost as i can on 93 octane.
theres a way u can get the stock wastegate to hold more boost. u will have to search for that. i cant remember exactly how to old it but i plan on doing this myself before i get my tune.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

so many mixed opinions about the injen ic pipes and itake!!! budget isnt a issue. just dont want to go crazy with the car. want a quick reliable car that i can when i want to go out of town. i plan on selling car this time next year so i dont want to make it hard to sell by changing turbo and everything

theres always gonna be mixed opinions about any intake and piping. doesnt matter who makes it. it all comes down to if u want that part/company on ur car. i had the injen intake and uicp on my old evo 8. it worked great and fitment was nice. car felt stronger up top without a tune.

injen is known for intake systems, just like aem. i dont think u could go wrong with either. just remember no matter what company/part u put on ur car. the true potential of that part wont be really seen til its tuned.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sprx19
I'm on a little quest to see how cheap I can take this car to the 11's.
me too haha
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:04 PM

so many options....
Old Jun 19, 2009, 09:09 AM

so just how loud are these 02 dumps? really considering it but cops suck ***.....
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so just how loud are these 02 dumps? really considering it but cops suck ***.....
I have one on my Eclipse. There's videos on you tube. They're loud and they stink, but only under WOT. I don't want to do that to my Evo.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I tell most people, if you have worry about cops or asking, it's going to be way too loud. It's only under WOT, but when you hit WOT take your exhaust note and triple it. LOL. I personally, love the way it sounds.

Quick Reply: Best bang for the buck mod?