Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help choose torque damper!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help choose torque damper!!!!!!!!

Hey all,

OK so i have been looking around for a torque damper now but dont know which one to get. i have found three that i like but cant decide which one to go with. which one do u prefer or recommend me getting and why? I just want less engine vibration and a smoother shift in gears. I would like to know your opinion and what you feel bout these damper. If you have these damper on can you tell the difference in a smoother gear shift. HERE R THE DAMPER I WAS LOOKING AT

Weapon R Engine Torque Damper Kit Evo 7 Evo 8 Evo 9 Weapon R Engine Torque Damper

Ingalls Stiffy Engine Torque Damper Evolution Evo 8 9 Ingalls Stiffy Engine Torque Damper

DME Engine Torque Damper 03-06 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII/IX - P/N ... DME Engine Torque Damper
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Buy a used one here and try it out, if you dont like it sell again and only eat the shipping, or even buy here, find you dont like it and maybe make some money
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:45 PM

I got the Weapon R torque damper. It works fine. It's not going to place your motor super stiff but you can feel the difference from before. The Ingalls are a bit cheaper by like 10 bucks and it's free shipping if you want to buy it brand new at MAPerfomance.com. Also with the Weapon R torque damper, you have to grind out the strut bar a bit to make it fit. You'll know what I'm talking about if you're gonna get one. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Weapon R is the TRUTH!!
Old Jun 12, 2009, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
None. Skip the damper and get a poly front motor mount. The Blox one is around $80 shipped and is a billet aluminum mount with poly bushing; very nice piece. Otherwise, you can get a replacement bushing to be pressed into the stock mount from numerous sources.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just do the urethane motor/tranny mounts.-- and do it rt. What your looking at is a temp solution for a problem that you wont solve with what your looking at. Do it rt the first time.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S2kracka
None. Skip the damper and get a poly front motor mount. The Blox one is around $80 shipped and is a billet aluminum mount with poly bushing; very nice piece. Otherwise, you can get a replacement bushing to be pressed into the stock mount from numerous sources.
This was going to be my suggestion. The torque dampers look good and may make a tiny difference but from what I've read there not really worth the money unless you buy one used. Search for reviews on the blox mount, i see no reason why you won't like what you read. Pick one of those up and if you still want a torque damper buy one used when you come across one for a good price in the marketplace.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just get the baller hpi damper n beatrush mount :P