Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

is there someone who make this for the evo 9?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow is there someone who make this for the evo 9?

is there someone who make this for the evo 9?
because i want external wg for better control of boost and eliminate creep.
or this type
Old Jun 14, 2009, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This type would be great!

However your could use the new and smaller 38mm vband Tial to get some more space.

No modification of the manifold. Just remove the wastegate flapper on the factory o2 housing....

Last edited by phenem; Jun 14, 2009 at 05:02 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

I believe MAPerformance has a similar part for the IX. Not sure about it though.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 08:30 AM

Yep you can find it here.

I have been drooling over it for a while.

Old Jun 14, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The big question is how this affects the twinscroll housings efficiency since there will be exhaust pulses back through the now open wg holes?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

That thing from Map is sick.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Nice find! I had no idea they made that already. Looks very nice, the only concern is what batty200 said. You would have to remove the wastegate and enlarge the entire hole to flow more air.

Does MAP Performance have an account on here? If they do can you chime in please? Test results? Any hard data and results?

I am looking at this with my BBK full and my 2.3l, I have crazy boost creep issues and would like to be able to control boost better with the factory ECU and I believe this is the answer.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:58 AM

is there a way to remove the flapper instead of cutting it, i want to keep it good just in case.

thanks i have been looking for this along time.

Last edited by STi_kill3r; Jun 14, 2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Damn that's sick!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by phenem
Nice find! I had no idea they made that already. Looks very nice, the only concern is what batty200 said. You would have to remove the wastegate and enlarge the entire hole to flow more air.

Does MAP Performance have an account on here? If they do can you chime in please? Test results? Any hard data and results?

I am looking at this with my BBK full and my 2.3l, I have crazy boost creep issues and would like to be able to control boost better with the factory ECU and I believe this is the answer.
They do have accounts here, I will try and grab somebody.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 07:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
We sure do have an account here, a Platinum one at that . We are working on just an o2 housing for the EVO with a tial 38mm. It will be complete 3" o2 housing unlike come of the competitors.

We have a few customers through the site that are running the Tial MVS downpipe shown above. Tom Powell being one of them on his FP red. His friend is looking for the same setup with just a little different tail section.

Alot of guys that have been picking them up have been porting the wastegate flapper hole on their Reds/BBK's with great results. I know I sound like a broken record when I say we will have numbers up soon but we are just so busy with fabrication and dynoin' other cars. Not to mention over 10 engine builds going on right now for customers.

NY Evolutionary will have some numbers up on his setup once we finish porting and ceramic coating his hotside. So I expect to hear/see some feedback from him soon..

Let me know what questions you guys have, you can always pm me or post back!

Thanks,
Adam
Old Jun 15, 2009, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by maperformance
We sure do have an account here, a Platinum one at that . We are working on just an o2 housing for the EVO with a tial 38mm. It will be complete 3" o2 housing unlike come of the competitors.

We have a few customers through the site that are running the Tial MVS downpipe shown above. Tom Powell being one of them on his FP red. His friend is looking for the same setup with just a little different tail section.

Alot of guys that have been picking them up have been porting the wastegate flapper hole on their Reds/BBK's with great results. I know I sound like a broken record when I say we will have numbers up soon but we are just so busy with fabrication and dynoin' other cars. Not to mention over 10 engine builds going on right now for customers.

NY Evolutionary will have some numbers up on his setup once we finish porting and ceramic coating his hotside. So I expect to hear/see some feedback from him soon..

Let me know what questions you guys have, you can always pm me or post back!

Thanks,
Adam
Do you have an ETA on the just the o2 with the tial gate? I have a complete BR exhaust it is entirely vband and don't want to replace the downpipe because of it being all vband. I would rather just replace the o2 housing if it can be done.

Will the o2 housing be re-routed back into the exhaust or a dump?

Personally I would like to have it re-routed but just wanted to know what the design plans were.

I am looking to do this ASAP because of the issues I am having with the BBK and boost creep.

Can you PM me a estimated price?

Thanks a bunch,
~Zach
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Zach,

Thank you for your interest. We should have a prototype done within the next week here, but that one will be for internal wastegate setups with an external dump and priced around $250. We can definitely make you an MVS version (although due to space constraints I am doubtful about it being able to recirculate into the O2 housing) please PM me if this interests you and we can discuss pricing and time frame!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the external wastegate downpipe/02 housing. What kinda benefits will we see besides eliminating boost creep? How much better boost holding capabilities will it have and what kinda performance gains rougly will you see versus a regular 02 housing and downpipe?

I hope your answers are convincing enough for me to get this when I upgrade to the red.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, if you look at the results from some of the external dump O2 housings that still utilize the internal gate they generally yield much better boost control. Combine that with a larger diameter wastegate and you will surely bypass more exhaust gas which should overcome and boost creep issues that one may experience. At what point does this become necessary? That has yet to be determined, but as mentioned above we will hopefully have some feedback from some Red users very shortly

Also, in regards to overall performance our O2 eliminator downpipe is the only TRUE 3" configuration available as even the 3" O2 housings that are available neck down to 2.5" where they meet the downpipe...

Quick Reply: is there someone who make this for the evo 9?