Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My Buschur 2.3 stroker with hta 86

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by ALLBLACK-EVO
ToMuchBoost: I'm pretty sure that your initial post was to let people know that you appreciate the work that they have done to your car to get it to where it is at now.

Don't let any of these guys change the context of this thread by pushing you into something you are not comfortable with. If something within you tells you to get an AEM then by all means do it. It's your car and your the one who has to drive it. Not them.

I'm not baggin the stock ECU, I personally use a Motec M800 and find there are strong arguments for going back to the stock ECU and there are strong arguments for sticking with the standalone. At the end of the day it is your own preference, your own car and you have to be happy with it.
We're simply informing him that he doesn't need to waste $2k for a stand alone+tune when he can get way more out of the stock ECU from someone that knows how to tune it.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
true, hell i wished i had never bought this damn AEM lol
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ToMuchBoost
Only thing that sucks is im in NJ : ( .would i have to ship him out my ecu or would i have to drive down there lol.
Actually, no. I'm sure you have a laptop and email, no? Buy a Tactrix cable, install EvoScan and ECUFlash on your laptop, and have at it. You send him your logs, he tunes and sends them back. You flash. Then log and send. Wash, rinse, repeat until your car is perfectly tuned.

Or, you can drive down to TN and have it tuned in person (which you'll still end up saving PLENTY of money over buying an AEM).

Hell, he's tuning my car right now and I'm in Hawaii.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Actually, no. I'm sure you have a laptop and email, no? Buy a Tactrix cable, install EvoScan and ECUFlash on your laptop, and have at it. You send him your logs, he tunes and sends them back. You flash. Then log and send. Wash, rinse, repeat until your car is perfectly tuned.

Or, you can drive down to TN and have it tuned in person (which you'll still end up saving PLENTY of money over buying an AEM).

Hell, he's tuning my car right now and I'm in Hawaii.
So i install evo scan and ecuflash on my laptop then hook up the tactrix cable to my ecu. Is there a how to on what exactly to do or when i talk to mellon would he explain. I would like to do this over getting a AEM i spent a ton of money on my build already. If i could save 2g it would be a huge help.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

We're simply informing him that he doesn't need to waste $2k for a stand alone+tune when he can get way more out of the stock ECU from someone that knows how to tune it.
Not saying he is at that kind of level, but I'm sure any race team would say the money spent on a standalone ECU is not a "waste" and probably more than $2k in some cases.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

So i install evo scan and ecuflash on my laptop then hook up the tactrix cable to my ecu. Is there a how to on what exactly to do or when i talk to mellon would he explain. I would like to do this over getting a AEM i spent a ton of money on my build already. If i could save 2g it would be a huge help.
Click on the link in my sig. Everything will be explained. There's even a how-to video on his site. Once you hit the link, click on the "equipment" tab.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

I agree. I believe there is still alot of power in that car that can be extracted by the STOCK ecu.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by joseph k
true, hell i wished i had never bought this damn AEM lol
Sell it and put the stock ECU/MAS back in
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Not saying he is at that kind of level, but I'm sure any race team would say the money spent on a standalone ECU is not a "waste" and probably more than $2k in some cases.
It's a waste for 99% of street Evos.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mellon knows his voodoo on stock ECU. He did something to my car and now even my friend's Z06 can't keep up with my 93octane tune.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

I mean i know there is a ton of power to be had with my car honestly. I put down 430whp with the stock block with the ams 50trim. Now i have a 2.3L and the hta 86 with 1000cc injector cams ect and im only getting another 20whp. It's a new motor and i don't think they were trying to push it. But i know i should be at 500whp easy on 93 with this turbo and motor.

I think im going to give mellon a shot if he got 700whp out of the stock ecu he must know something lol.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know a thing or three
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor

I think im going to give mellon a shot if he got 700whp out of the stock ecu he must know something lol.
You're making the right choice
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

It's a waste for 99% of street Evos.
I agree.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

I agree.
If money was no issue i would go stand alone 100%. But if i can get to the power range i want for alot less money and be just as safe why not.

Quick Reply: My Buschur 2.3 stroker with hta 86