Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

SparkTech NONCDI now tested to 700hp!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SparkTech NONCDI now tested to 700hp!

The non-cdi system turned one year old on June 19th, and has certainly exceeded our expectations in its performance. Marking the anniversary of it's introduction to the forums, we'd like to share some reviews, testimonials and facts about this great ignition system.

Spark Tech NONCDI System
  • EVO 4 through 9
  • Works with Stock ecu & most standalones
  • Tested to 700+whp
  • 100% Plug and Play
  • Fits under OEM cover
  • Military spec heat sleeve protector on wiring
  • Tefzel mil-spec wire, rated to 393 deg F
  • Standard Black mounting plate (Polished +$26)
  • Works well with stock turbo, larger turbos & cams and even fully built evos.
  • Coils come with 1 year warranty
  • All wiring harnesses come with lifetime warranty to original purchaser.

"I installed the Spark Tech Non-CDI COP this past weekend and had a set of new plugs standing by just in case the miss was still there. I was going to install the plugs and Non-CDI COP together, but at the last minute decided to give the Spark Tech unit a try alone to see if it would clean up the issue. Well I can tell you the intermittent miss at idle and part throttle cruise is gone. Four separate Sunday errand trips around town and on the highway confirmed what others have already posted, this system works.

Thanks Craig and company for a product that is easy to install , works as advertised, and cured my ignition issues. With that said I am looking forward to some logging time and a 9sec9 retune later this week to fully optimize the addition of this component. Thanks, Indy Evo"
Click to view Indy's full review

**Spark Tech's NonCDI system is a 100% PnP kit that will take you about 5-10minutes to install. It fits under the factory coil cover for that stealth look and should fit under most aftermarket coil covers.**

As Tuner of the Worlds Highest Horsepower Stock Ecu powered Evo the NON-CDI COP has been a Great alternative. What's been the most impressive is it's ability to support 762+whp@38psi on E-85. We'll be heading back to the dyno and will keep you posted...KC Spoolnup Tuning

**Originally designed for 550whp combos it is evident we out did ourselves. This system can now be found on several 600+whp Evo's and a few 700+whp evo's. This is a proven system for your ignition needs.**

AMS/NOS Energy Drink Pikes Peak International Hillclimb Car
David & Allison Kerns Evo ix

Ignition install was a breeze and no problems at all!
No restrictor - 546 ft-lbs at 33psi of boost and 466whp
Restrictor - 430ft-lbs at 23psi and 316whp

Here she is on the dyno

Here is dyno Video...click HERE
** Expect to feel a difference. The car will idle smoother, transition into boost feels smoother and the car pulls noticeably harder. Turn up the boost without dreaded spark blow out. Your spark plugs will last longer as they won't foul as easily. In independent testing this system has outperformed the Hks Dli hands down. With over 100 units sold worldwide and a Great track record the NON-CDI cop is here to stay! Covered by Spark Tech's customer satisfaction guarantee if you install this system and don't feel the difference simply return for a full refund.**

Id like to give a shout out to Spark Tech for one great ignition system. I recently dynoed a little over 600AWHP up at AMS on my 35R car before the single 255HP fuel pump started dropping pressure and leaning out... Whats even more impressive to me was I was at a .030 plug gap!! I will be adding a twin pump system and going to an AMS 850R here in the near future and don't have any worries about my ignition system that's for sure!

Great product with great customer service = A win win combination in my book!! SparkTech FTW! .....Colt4g63

** Like with all Spark Tech's systems, these come complete with Military spec heat sleeve protector on the wiring. As well as Tefzel mil-spec wire, rated to 393 deg F. System comes standard with Black mounting plate, polished is also available. **

So last week I got his new setup for my stock turbo beast. It looks amazing and installed in minutes.

I love how simple it is with no extra crap. Just 2 plugs and you are done.

I ran this set up last weekend on my car while setting the stock turbo HP record again at 522whp. Since install I have not felt a single miss of any kind. Even after fixing a fuel pump and the AFRS going deep into the 9s on a low timing, 34psi spike. This is one of the hardest simulations I have seen for ignitions to fire through and it did great... I feel my combo is harder on the ignition then most 700hp cars are. I would put this on any 700hp car with out even thinking about it..........

.....I wouldn't trust anything other than Spark Tech to light this off. Excellent mod, hey if I run it on my own car, I'd definitely recommend my customers to get this system. I like the simplistic approach and this system gets the job done... English racing.net Here is a thread the Highest Horsepower Stock turbo Evo of English Racing.. Click HERE

** We are proud of this unit and it's performance over the past year. Thanks for reading and look forward to solving your ignition needs **

Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WOW Craig , you guys are always making great ingnition systems over there.

keep up the good work
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Congrats Craig, I can't wait to get the system back on the car. Since starting the two guys, two mods thread it has been killing me not to have this on the car. After we reach our goal and convert to E85 this will be going back on the car.

9sec9 and I select only the best components available for our programs or we design and construct our own. When it came to an ignition system, Spark Tech was the only choice. From harness construction, to fit and finish their systems are the real deal, why look anywhere else. Thanks for your contribution to the community. Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 26, 2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats Craig!!! Since this product is SO Proven now at MASSIVE HP Levels, you should consider a PRO system Plate for this unit so it sits on top like the PRO COPs! I <3 my PRO COP and there will be a review once I get my car up and running in the next few weeks!!!
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Congrats Craig, I can't wait to get the system back on the car. Since starting the two guys, two mods thread it has been killing me not to have this on the car. After we reach our goal and convert to E85 this will be going back on the car.

9sec9 and I only select the best components available for our programs or we design and construct our own. When it came to an ignition system, Spark Tech was the only choice. From harness construction, to fit and finish their systems are the real deal, why look anywhere else. Thanks for your contribution to the community. Indy
I couldn't agree more! I did pretty much a full Buschur build and skipped their Basic COP system because of these reasons listed above! Sparktech FTW!!!
Old Jun 26, 2009, 01:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the compliments guys
Old Jun 26, 2009, 05:00 PM

Great job guys. Sent you a PM.

bump for you too.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Craig,

I just received my non-cdi setup and can't wait to see the results! My build is set for late July and I'll be sure to post a report on the details when it's finished. Thumbs up to a great product though, it looks absolutely fantastic and should look even better on top of my krinkle black valve cover.

-Ben
Old Jun 26, 2009, 05:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ladysman
Great job guys. Sent you a PM.

bump for you too.
pm replied thanks for your inquiry
Old Jun 26, 2009, 05:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BenJ
Craig,

I just received my non-cdi setup and can't wait to see the results! My build is set for late July and I'll be sure to post a report on the details when it's finished. Thumbs up to a great product though, it looks absolutely fantastic and should look even better on top of my krinkle black valve cover.

-Ben
Glad to hear you got it for the weekend. Good luck with the build. Keep us posted
Old Jun 27, 2009, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by SparkTech
pm replied thanks for your inquiry
Can't wait to get it and put it on!
Old Jun 27, 2009, 08:21 AM
Former Sponsor

^Thank you for the purchase
Old Jun 27, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I now have my EVO on E85 and its making more power then it ever has! And the Sparktech non CDI ignition is having absolutely NO problems igniting the fuel that's for sure. IMHO the SparkTech Non CDI is the best bang for the buck ignition system on the market hands down.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's the difference between this at 600.00 vs. the Evo8 and Evo9 specific non-CDI units on your site for 650.00?
Old Jun 27, 2009, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

No difference...Just on sale

Quick Reply: SparkTech NONCDI now tested to 700hp!