Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

NEED HELP !! clutch not fully engaging..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEED HELP !! clutch not fully engaging..

so my clutch started to slip/ stutter last night.. went to see about bleeding out the slave and before starting I could actually grabe the fork and pull it in to where it should be but it goes back to a neutral position.. what do I need to do ?
Old Jun 27, 2009, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would tend to think that your clutch is just gone but maybe there's an adjustment trick? I'm bumping this to see if anyone can answer. You can lose a clutch in as little as 5,000 miles in these cars. I bought mine with 13,000 miles and the clutch is gone.

I have a competition clutch stage 3 and an ACT prolite on the floor behind me. I'm just waiting on some fluids and a manual, then I'm going to get to work on it.

I think that the fork should be self adjusting. I have heard that you can mess up the self adjusting mechanism by running the shaft attached to the pedal out too far. There's a video covering that on youtube. I'm not sure if that was just DSM's though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYJxQyjIhUw
Old Jun 27, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnDoe1984
I would tend to think that your clutch is just gone but maybe there's an adjustment trick? I'm bumping this to see if anyone can answer. You can lose a clutch in as little as 5,000 miles in these cars. I bought mine with 13,000 miles and the clutch is gone.

I have a competition clutch stage 3 and an ACT prolite on the floor behind me. I'm just waiting on some fluids and a manual, then I'm going to get to work on it.

I think that the fork should be self adjusting. I have heard that you can mess up the self adjusting mechanism by running the shaft attached to the pedal out too far. There's a video covering that on youtube. I'm not sure if that was just DSM's though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYJxQyjIhUw
if i wear you id tear her apart and once you get your fluids you can just slap it on and save time

but do some proper Clutch Adjustment!
Old Jun 27, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FX11
if i wear you id tear her apart and once you get your fluids you can just slap it on and save time

but do some proper Clutch Adjustment!
I would but I also have a lift and a helper arranged both of which are occupied at the moment. I'm thinking it'll be nice to have the extra pair of hands, extra opinions, extra set of tools, and the full manual handy. I don't trust anyone up here to work on my evo. There's really nobody experienced on them with no dealer around and mine being 1 of only 2 evo's in town. I might have a team of 3 decent wrench-heads helpin me out. If so I'd like to have everything I need to finish and drive home right there, maybe we can knock it out the park in 1 day or at least a weekend.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

yeah disc is toasted.. not happy..
Old Jun 27, 2009, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Here you go;

http://evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tec...4c41c2e1a699ae

evomoto FTW!

hopefully this'll help you.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by johndoe1984
i would but i also have a lift and a helper arranged both of which are occupied at the moment. I'm thinking it'll be nice to have the extra pair of hands, extra opinions, extra set of tools, and the full manual handy. I don't trust anyone up here to work on my evo. There's really nobody experienced on them with no dealer around and mine being 1 of only 2 evo's in town. I might have a team of 3 decent wrench-heads helpin me out. If so i'd like to have everything i need to finish and drive home right there, maybe we can knock it out the park in 1 day or at least a weekend.
alaskan evos ftw!!!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

actually tried that evomoto pedal adjusting that day.. got nowhere with it.. disc is toasted..