Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

292 At the wheels with only 2 Mods!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2003, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

Your going to love it. I will share my map with you when you get everything. You might need to fiddle with the boost but as long as you use 93oct I think you will be fine. By the way I love the B&B but it's not a straight throw muffler. Shiv was telling me that I could pick up as much as 5hp with a straight throw muffler like his exhaust or HKS. But I love the way the B&B sounds so I'm going to stick with it and add the B&B down pipe and a hi-flow cat.

Eric
sorry if this is a newbie question, but what is a straight throw muffler?

Sounds awesome man, B&B will be my first performance mod. I was confused on to what would be my second mod, but damn these numbers with the XEDE are impressive. I think I will follow you. I'll take a copy of the map too
Old Oct 7, 2003, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by GranMassaX

sorry if this is a newbie question, but what is a straight throw muffler?

Sounds awesome man, B&B will be my first performance mod. I was confused on to what would be my second mod, but damn these numbers with the XEDE are impressive. I think I will follow you. I'll take a copy of the map too
Well a straight throw muffler you can take a long stick and Push it throw the muffler. B&B uses chambers witch hert Turbo charge cars in ultimate flow.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 01:59 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Eric- You said 292whp actual.. What was that number SAE corrected? I assume that it was fairly cool outside? I'm more interested to hear SAE numbers. Lucky you for getting Shiv to do the actual tuning!

Gran- He means straight through. Like it doesn't recirculate through the muffler. It goes in and out in one pass only.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Dyno Sheet!! thanks Tech guy!

**** can't load it can anyone fix this for me.

Thanks
Eric
Old Oct 7, 2003, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Noize
Eric- You said 292whp actual.. What was that number SAE corrected? I assume that it was fairly cool outside? I'm more interested to hear SAE numbers. Lucky you for getting Shiv to do the actual tuning!

Gran- He means straight through. Like it doesn't recirculate through the muffler. It goes in and out in one pass only.
Even SAE corrected it would be the same because it was 65 degrees out and almost sea level anyway.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

You got this done in Pruven in CT? How did it end up setting you back (if you dont mind) for the Xede and tuning, i have the HKS exhaust already... and it seems like you are super happy!
Old Oct 7, 2003, 04:26 PM
Account Disabled

Same dyno - only a 2.5 " axel back and a SFAC - almost same number for 1/3 the price . . . much hotter air . Would love to run the two pulls over each other to see them sae corrected.

Basically a piggy back is a piggy back and a tube is a tube - no magic carpet rides

http://www.pruvenperformance.com/images/aldyno1.JPG

PS - the red line is a totally stock evo with JUST the SAFC - the blue line adds the Pruven 2.5 " axel back exhuast

Last edited by DynoFlash; Oct 7, 2003 at 04:30 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 04:47 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally posted by DynoFlash
Same dyno - only a 2.5 " axel back and a SFAC - almost same number for 1/3 the price . . . much hotter air . Would love to run the two pulls over each other to see them sae corrected.

Basically a piggy back is a piggy back and a tube is a tube - no magic carpet rides

PS - the red line is a totally stock evo with JUST the SAFC - the blue line adds the Pruven 2.5 " axel back exhuast
Al in cognito.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

At the front wheels?
Old Oct 7, 2003, 06:32 PM

The blue Evo Eric was talking about was mine. I have the stage one. Made 305 WHP. Like Eric has been saying, my neck is also sore from the acceleration. Love this mod. Shiv was great, and the whole day was worth the drive.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Noize

Al in cognito.
Somehow he seems more mysterious as Dynoflash though.... almost like a new superhero or something!

Just kidding Al....

Excellent numbers Eric!!

N10S

Last edited by N10S; Oct 7, 2003 at 07:03 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Dynoflash where the numbers shown at the wheels or what it would be making at the crank because I have seen 3 evo's in my area that all put down around 222 on a awd dynapack dyno and with just exhaust and K&N made 238 at the wheels. I am guessing you firgures are at the wheels with the SAFC and hoping it's not just the front two wheels.Please let me know thanks
Old Oct 7, 2003, 09:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by MYEVOVIII
Dynoflash where the numbers shown at the wheels or what it would be making at the crank because I have seen 3 evo's in my area that all put down around 222 on a awd dynapack dyno and with just exhaust and K&N made 238 at the wheels. I am guessing you firgures are at the wheels with the SAFC and hoping it's not just the front two wheels.Please let me know thanks
Wonderful thing is its the same dyno - same method of measurement. Dyno paks do read lower than dyno jets. Most stock evos baseline at about 240 to the wheels on this dyno. Its awd and wheel hp btw!

I an not knocking Eric's car at all. I think its an amazing result and I can't wait to see the B & B exhuast. However, I wanted to point out that all the piggy backs make about the same HP and point out what a $200 used SAFC and $300 2.5" axel back exhuast can do on a stock evo.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:26 PM

Correction factors are just cop outs for bench racers. They don't tell you anything about real-world performance. For the record I was SO pissed to see Dave Coleman cop out and use a correction factor to get his Silvia "into 12's".
Old Oct 8, 2003, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

So Al, when is your motor getting fixed? Last I heard, it failed catastrophically not too long ago.

shiv

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; Oct 8, 2003 at 02:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 292 At the wheels with only 2 Mods!!!