Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

292 At the wheels with only 2 Mods!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2003, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i feel left out cuz i dont think shiv coming down to hawaii anytime soon to tune evo's. Good job with the mods though.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by DynoFlash
Same dyno - only a 2.5 " axel back and a SFAC - almost same number for 1/3 the price . . . much hotter air . Would love to run the two pulls over each other to see them sae corrected.

Basically a piggy back is a piggy back and a tube is a tube - no magic carpet rides

http://www.pruvenperformance.com/images/aldyno1.JPG

PS - the red line is a totally stock evo with JUST the SAFC - the blue line adds the Pruven 2.5 " axel back exhuast
Al,

No way in Hell that a S-AFC and Pruven axel back can do this with out runing leaner A/Fs then me. I ran 10.7 to 1 A/Fs at redline.

Eric
Old Oct 8, 2003, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by hayaku
i feel left out cuz i dont think shiv coming down to hawaii anytime soon to tune evo's. Good job with the mods though.
Oh don't think that. I know Shiv and he would love to come to Hawaii!!! Get 10 Evo's that what xede and he will be down there with out even thinking twice!!
Old Oct 8, 2003, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Adolfo Rapaport
The blue Evo Eric was talking about was mine. I have the stage one. Made 305 WHP. Like Eric has been saying, my neck is also sore from the acceleration. Love this mod. Shiv was great, and the whole day was worth the drive.
Ya it's quick!! By the way your car sold me on cam gears. Very nice car man. Enjoy it and keep intouch.

Eric
Old Oct 8, 2003, 06:04 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally posted by rarson
Correction factors are just cop outs for bench racers. They don't tell you anything about real-world performance. For the record I was SO pissed to see Dave Coleman cop out and use a correction factor to get his Silvia "into 12's".
Definitely on a dragstrip, but not on a dyno, you yutz. If you go around touting uncorrected dyno numbers, then you are not giving a truthful picture of what your car's output looks like. Especially if ou dyno in extremely hot or extremely cold conditions.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Al,

Please don't post on this thread. It seams that you are looking to pick a fight and I don't like were this is leading to. I'm just sharing information with the EVO community with the best of my knowlage. Respect me here on this because I have always respected you.

Thanks and My Best
Eric
Old Oct 8, 2003, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by blue rocket
You got this done in Pruven in CT? How did it end up setting you back (if you dont mind) for the Xede and tuning, i have the HKS exhaust already... and it seems like you are super happy!
Well 300 for tuning and 895 for Xede plug and play harness for both it's like 150.00 bucks less.

300 includes dyno time and tuning.
Eric
Old Oct 8, 2003, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Personally, I can't see why people compare the S-AFC to the XEDE. Those of us who purchased the XEDE obviously wanted more. My reasoning was that when you add up the cost of A/F, Timing and EBC it will cost more than the XEDE and you will have three different components (albeit some work together, but are not integrated systems). Also, the XEDE has more features and finer granularity of control than the piggyback systems available right now (or at least at the time of my purchase).
Old Oct 8, 2003, 08:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Here you go Eric. Al can you get Pruven to send Eric his actual dynorun files so they can be displayed in other formats? He wants to be able to see his torque curve. I have the dyno jet software and will gladly create postable images showing what ever parameters, for Eric or anyone else interested.

BTW there is a down loadable viewing program on the Dyno Jet web site that will allow anyone to review and manipulate the actual run data files. I just could not get that software to print or convert images, only the original Dyno Jet software seems to be able to do that. So any one interested in generating/posting more than the one print out the dyno facility happens to print for you. Ask them to email your original run files, or bring a floppy, the files are really small (15K). You paid for the runs so they should have no reason for them not to give you the files. It could save them the trouble of printing it out for you.
Attached Thumbnails 292 At the wheels with only 2 Mods!!!-pruvejpg.jpg  
Old Oct 8, 2003, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Eric!!

Thanks again for your help!!!

Send me a email explaining how you converted the file.

Old Oct 8, 2003, 09:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Eric,

You need to use some sort of image software, I use Adobe Photo Deluxe. You can then export the image into a different format and adjust the quality to make the file an acceptable size. For the forum JPEG or GIF with file sizes less than 100K. Here is the file I posted for you, you should be able to get your original dyno jet run files from pruven, even if you have to go there with a floppy. It would take them less than a minute to copy them onto your disk, they should be able to easily email them to you also, but you will probably have better luck getting them if you go there with a floppy.

Here is the link to the Dyno Jet run viewer software http://www.dynojet.com/downloads.shtml it will let you view and manipulate your run data just like they do on the actual dyno computer. As I said I could not get this viewer to let me print or export the imges though. It will let you view, compare, and analyze, your run data on your own computer. You could also share your run files with anyone you wish.

Most shops will not share dyno graphs with anyone accept the vehicle owner, and that is as it should be.

----- Original Message -----
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

Yep!! and cam gears!!
I am still a noob, so I'm allowed to ask

Don't different cam gears affect streetability - idle, etc - as I have read in some other threads? Also, what is the diff between stock and 264 and 272?

Any insight (including from Shiv ) would be great, or at least point me in the right direction... Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Geez! When did I start evolving? I am still dragging my knuckles... LOL
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by vr430

I am still a noob, so I'm allowed to ask

Don't different cam gears affect streetability - idle, etc - as I have read in some other threads? Also, what is the diff between stock and 264 and 272?

Any insight (including from Shiv ) would be great, or at least point me in the right direction... Thanks.
Cams do but Cam gears have no affect on drivaiblity or rough ideal. A no loose mod with proper EM.

Eric
Old Oct 8, 2003, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

Cams do but Cam gears have no affect on drivaiblity or rough ideal. A no loose mod with proper EM.

Eric
Ahhh... I feel like a grasshopper - much yet to learn.

Quick Reply: 292 At the wheels with only 2 Mods!!!