Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HTA Green vs. BBK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve93Talon
The few dyno graphs I've seen on the HTA Green make it look pretty laggy
I would like to point something out here for the sake of this thread and others like it, the basis that spool is being compared in this case is just as flawed as the idea that we can compare dyno power numbers between dynos... if I recall the Mustang dyno loads the engine up differently than a Dynojet, which results in a graph that appears to be spooling faster than the same setup would on a Dynojet.

So far this is the only BBK FULL I've found on a dynojet...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...full-dyno.html

My HTA 73 dyno pulls in 3rd on a dynojet cannot be used to compare spoolup to Mustang dyno, which is what the rest of the dyno plots I could find on the BBK Full are.. so on top of mivec cars, cam gear settings and the cams themselves, we also have to take into account the dynos used when comparing spool. ..

I wouldn't go giving away the award to one of these turbos just yet for out-spooling the other, there just isn't enough data for that yet...
Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don’t really care about the ¼ mile times or ET’s. Provided you have enough power, ¼ times mostly depend on the driver. I’ve seen many “potentially” 11 sec cars run 14’s. I’ve read that a couple of guys smoked as many as 3 FP turbos on the track (road course). This is one reason for me to stay away from FP, if I was drag racing, it would be another story. However, been there, done that; spent a lot of time and money on a car to only enjoy it for a few seconds down the track.

What I want to know is how durable is the BBK on a road course? Any actual road course experience with the BBK? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it sounds like the BBK lite is a better choice for autoX and the full for road course!
Old Aug 9, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by 18bora
I don’t really care about the ¼ mile times or ET’s. Provided you have enough power, ¼ times mostly depend on the driver. I’ve seen many “potentially” 11 sec cars run 14’s. I’ve read that a couple of guys smoked as many as 3 FP turbos on the track (road course). This is one reason for me to stay away from FP, if I was drag racing, it would be another story. However, been there, done that; spent a lot of time and money on a car to only enjoy it for a few seconds down the track.

What I want to know is how durable is the BBK on a road course? Any actual road course experience with the BBK? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it sounds like the BBK lite is a better choice for autoX and the full for road course!
With proper oil feed the FP turbos are fine. Alot of R&D goes into these 9 upgrade turbos. Personally I think the HTA green would be the winner over the BBK Full but there isn't enough data to prove that. If your in a hurry and need the turbo quick and cheap then go BBK if you want something better and you have the time to wait go for the HTA Green. I don't think a BBK full or any other turbo other then FP Red or HTA Green would have worked for me.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Liqquid
So far this is the only BBK FULL I've found on a dynojet...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...full-dyno.html
My BBK Lite made more peak power and torque, and comes on alot sooner than that one. Here's my pull for comparison.

Old Aug 9, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DBallz
With proper oil feed the FP turbos are fine. Alot of R&D goes into these 9 upgrade turbos. Personally I think the HTA green would be the winner over the BBK Full but there isn't enough data to prove that. If your in a hurry and need the turbo quick and cheap then go BBK if you want something better and you have the time to wait go for the HTA Green. I don't think a BBK full or any other turbo other then FP Red or HTA Green would have worked for me.
Why is that D? Thats because you enjoy 1/4 mile runs, So there it is again. These turbos are suited differently for each individual. We also don't have enough info on the HTA green to support that its a better turbo just like u just stated. The specs look promising though, but time will tell!
Old Aug 9, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Whats up with all this lag talk.All these stock appearing turbos spool within a few

100 rpm of each other.They all use stock turbine housings you can only mod it so

much.Saying that one is for drag and other for road is total bs they will all work.I

dont feel any more or any less lag and ive driven red,green and 9 turbo cars all

spool about the same.Red and green hit harder up top that is the difference.Lag is a

47r supra with a 1.35 a/r turbine housing and it takes a while to build boost on

transbrake and if you dont ill turtle off the line and run 12s @ 160 mph.Does anyone

have backpressure numbers on any of these stock appearing turbos?
Old Aug 9, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don’t really care about the ¼ mile times or ET’s...
1/4 mile times ARE E.T.'s, sport!
Old Aug 9, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

for quick spool and great power band( for hpde/road racing) i have been looking into gettting an fp green...but the bbk has got me interested...anyone have any details on using the bbk full in road racing? how is the power delivery, power band, and how does it hold boost across the range?
Old Aug 9, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

....Provided you have enough power, ¼ times mostly depend on the driver.
I could see where given enough handling....road course lap times might mostly depend on the driver as well. So, what exactly are you getting at?

Last edited by sparky; Aug 9, 2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

I don’t really care about the ¼ mile times or ET’s. Provided you have enough power......
As a practical matter turbochargers are basically a power adder aren't they? So, if a turbo upgrade doesn't contribute to the power side of the equation, then why would you want to purchase it anyway.

It seems to me that there are a lot of assumptions and opinions floating around on this thread concerning stock frame turbos. Where is it etched in stone that turbocharger "x" is superior to turbocharger "y" for any particular application under all circumstances and taking into account all of the possible variables?

If, for comparison's sake, you were to bolt turbochager "x" onto your manifold, tune it, and run a hot lap. Then afterwards bolt turbocharger "y" onto the same car, retune it and have the same driver run another hot lap on the same circuit. Maybe then you could start to draw some meaningful conclusions.

From my admittedly limited perspective the BBK might be better on a "tight" course if running pump gas, whereas I might prefer a Red on a "long" course given race gas.

Last edited by sparky; Aug 9, 2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:06 AM
Evolving Member

I don't really get how you assume that HTA Green IS better than BBK while u have NO details AT ALL!!!

It really shows how brutally-blinded you are!! "HTA Green is better"...

FP itself did not declare how better their turbo is and you ALREADY did!!

Please shut up and let us build this thread on FACTS, coz that's what we need for now!!

Last edited by NitrousOxide; Aug 10, 2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EriCS
Why is that D? Thats because you enjoy 1/4 mile runs, So there it is again. These turbos are suited differently for each individual. We also don't have enough info on the HTA green to support that its a better turbo just like u just stated. The specs look promising though, but time will tell!
I do enjoy 1/4 mile runs no doubt in that statement at all. You said you were more into autox and the occational 1/4. That is why I said for you and someone that wants to make good power over the stock 9 turbo but has no plans to make it a big hp car the BBK full and HTA Green is more suited for you. Most people are turning away from FP because of the TAT and the cost. I'm going to agree that BBK TAT is much better but. We'll see what happens we are in tough economic times and some people just don't have the money to spend with FP.
Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
I don't really get how you assume that HTA Green IS better than BBK while u have NO details AT ALL!!!

It really shows how brutally-blinded you are!! "HTA Green is better"...

FP itself did not declare how better their turbo is and you ALREADY did!!

Please shut up and let us build this thread on FACTS, coz that's what we need for now!!
See ignorant *******s like yourself **** me off all i was doing was adding my 2 cents. How do I get to the HTA Green is better lets see. How about the guts alone would make it a better turbo. How about the fact that FP has been around for about 10years now. How about all the other vendors have know about FP and worked with them over many of years? This is how I come to the conclusion that the HTA Green would be better then the BBK full. The BBK was created in a effort to over come the short comings of the first Green. Now the HTA Green was created to over come the short comings of the BBK full. So how about you shut up.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

I do enjoy 1/4 mile runs no doubt in that statement at all. You said you were more into autox and the occational 1/4. That is why I said for you and someone that wants to make good power over the stock 9 turbo but has no plans to make it a big hp car the BBK full and HTA Green is more suited for you. Most people are turning away from FP because of the TAT and the cost. I'm going to agree that BBK TAT is much better but. We'll see what happens we are in tough economic times and some people just don't have the money to spend with FP.

See ignorant *******s like yourself **** me off all i was doing was adding my 2 cents. How do I get to the HTA Green is better lets see. How about the guts alone would make it a better turbo. How about the fact that FP has been around for about 10years now. How about all the other vendors have know about FP and worked with them over many of years? This is how I come to the conclusion that the HTA Green would be better then the BBK full. The BBK was created in a effort to over come the short comings of the first Green. Now the HTA Green was created to over come the short comings of the BBK full. So how about you shut up.
Again, BRUTALLY BLINDED ... You proved me right again!!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
Again, BRUTALLY BLINDED ... You proved me right again!!
Your welcome. So are you going to suck a fart out of my dogs butt when more data comes out for the HTA Green or are you going to sit down and eat humble pie. You attacked me. Telling me to shut up shows that you don't really know how to speak to people. I added my 2 cents you went down the road and tried make me look like an ahole. And BTW I'm not blinded my friend but I figure if I'm going to spend money I will spend it on the best. The fact of the matter would suggest that the HTA Green would be better then the BBK off of the internals alone. FP isn't going to say their turbo is better then any others we the consumers will usually prove what turbo is better over another. Don't hate cause the facts that we do have would suggest the HTA would be better over the BBK.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:40 AM
Former Sponsor

what r u guys talking about

Quick Reply: HTA Green vs. BBK