Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HTA Green vs. BBK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
I really find it insulting when I keep on answering an A$$**** like you who understands nothing!!!

1- How did you assume that HTA will be better in terms of spool and resposnse

2- How did you assume that HTA Green will have a broader power band all along the curve?

3- How did you assume that HTA green will be more powerful but not more drivable since they already have a capable hp turbo(red)???

4- How did you assume that they will eventually beat the BBK afer benchmarking it??? Didnt you ask you self "what IF the BBK was at the margin, in which adjusting the power will hurt spool or vice versa???

Everyone here is talking LOGICALLY, saying "my car did this" "my car did that" and "lets see what this new turbo can do after we test it", except one sinlge brutally blinded smart*** who's already categorized this turbo and called it better!!!

Again, please shut the hell up and let us build this thread on FACTS, coz that the ONLY thing we need right now.. and for you, I would suggest you buying a big marker pen and write on the bedroom's wall "HTA Green is better" so that you neither bug us again, nor do you feel that the BBK is better!!!
Listen you obviously have some sort of anger issues not sure what or why. Once again dude the shut the hell up is not really needed you can simply disagree. I disagree with most persons data on a conversation i had on the phone with Rob just asking him what the differences were for a friend....actually it was for you EricS. My buddy is trying to deciede what turbo to get for his setup and I had to call and order something I spoke to Rob and asked him about the turbos as he was processing my order. Based from that convo I feel the HTA Green is the better turbo based on the subject of the thread
Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
self-deleted

Last edited by sparky; Aug 10, 2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mean to tell me the sales person of a turbo company says their product is better than the competition? LOL. What was he supposed to do? Tell you his product is more expensive and crappier than the competitor? Come on man we want unbiased data, not the sales pitch.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This almost ranks as the worst thread ever..... the HTA green only has one dyno sheet and its from some fully built stroker motor and I doubt we'll see another one anytime soon because the vendor is still back logged from the last three turbos they couldn't deliver.... or dare I say rebuild fast enough.

In a way I'm sick and tired of these half arsed dyno plots promoting unrealistic results but then on the other hand I get a kick out of the dozens of people that will buy this turbo on plastic without even having the supporting mods for it. Its like watching a modern day 3 stooges show in the forum!!! LOL carry on.

Last edited by EVIL_EV0; Aug 11, 2009 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

^^^well said
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
This almost ranks as the worth thread ever.....
Believe me, Evil, there have been some pretty lame threads on here. If not recently, then perhaps a bit further back.....So, don't lay on too much hyperbole
Old Aug 12, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
On E85, are 1200cc injectors sufficient to run the HTA Green without having to purchase a double pumper? This would be a limiting factor of my decision as buying a double pumper is something that I absolutely do not want to do. Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
On E85, are 1200cc injectors sufficient to run the HTA Green without having to purchase a double pumper? This would be a limiting factor of my decision as buying a double pumper is something that I absolutely do not want to do. Thanks.
The 1200's I have were precisions that apparently are really only about 1120, those and the double pumper are at like 98% in 4th but still making 11.5 afr..

From what I've learned the stock ECU may get away with smaller injectors than a standalone, and also I've read where some tuners let the afr's drift up to 12 with E85... so there's a few things that will weigh into your question.. you could also pick a turbo, max out the fuel system and then decide if that's enough, even if you don't get 100% of what the turbo can do, you will still get the big torque hit from the E85 tune
Old Aug 12, 2009, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Liqquid
The 1200's I have were precisions that apparently are really only about 1120, those and the double pumper are at like 98% in 4th but still making 11.5 afr..

From what I've learned the stock ECU may get away with smaller injectors than a standalone, and also I've read where some tuners let the afr's drift up to 12 with E85... so there's a few things that will weigh into your question.. you could also pick a turbo, max out the fuel system and then decide if that's enough, even if you don't get 100% of what the turbo can do, you will still get the big torque hit from the E85 tune
OK. I think I understand. Let me tell you what I heard (read). E85 regardless of whether it be in conjunction with the double pumper or not has its benefits, right? I'm looking at the 1250cc injectors from TTP. I've also seen a set of 1000cc injectors for sale but those would be entirely too small, right? What I don't want to do is have to buy another set of injectors once I decide to take things to the next level which would be the purchase of the double pumper. If I can get away with the 1250cc injectors and achieve the whp/wtq that I'm interested in (of course with the right supporting mods), then I would be fine. I have quite the parts list lined up with this deployment pay. Power-wise, what or where would I be limited with the HTA Green before the double pumper is 100% needed? Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DBallz
^ Basically that is how the HTA green came to be. I think FP tried to do the HTA green a few months maybe a year ago but when the BBK came on the scene FP purchased one and tried to figure out how to improve on the BBK design and it seems like they did.
Is it a better design if they sacrificed spool for better power numbers. if the area under the curve doesn't beat the BBK Full then its not going to matter if the HTA makes slightly more horsepower....you need it to catch a similarily equipped BBK EVO.

I'm just looking into what turbo I plan on buying for next year. I would like something that doesn't sacrifice spool for power but I could possibly be convinced if the lag and transient response (which is something I haven't seen being discussed in this thread) is minimal.

My car will mainly be a fun weekend (few days a week) car. Some track time some drag time...but primarily serve as a toy I can pull out of the garage when my friends with stock Vipers/Vettes and higher end Lexus's start talking crap. LOL.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
For those concerned about turn around times on the HTA Green turbo

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...e-13-days.html
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Can i get the same power from a standard Green housin than a 80mm???

did somebody has dyno sheets on a standard Green!

Thanks

Last edited by kemoly; Aug 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: k;j
Old May 24, 2010, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Raising this thread back up...read through it and it was just too much arguing not many numbers before, but fast forward almost a year to now and there should be better information, right?...anyone what to chime in?

I'm looking to get a turbo upgrade and any information would be great!! Thanks!
Old May 24, 2010, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Every thread you are going to see comparing the two will turn out like this one... an argument. Someone (hopefully a respectable shop) will have a built 2.0 test car and do just a simple turbo swap between these two and post up numbers. I was hoping that Mike@AWD was going to in their stock framed turbo shootout, but he passed on doing the HTA Green and went for another HTA turbo... Not sure which actually..

FWIW I just made ~500/500 on a DynoDynamics with the HTA Green on a built 2.1
Old May 24, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

has anyone proven if or if not the standard green (original green) can make the same power on the new HTA green?

Quick Reply: HTA Green vs. BBK