Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HTA Green vs. BBK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quiestion ???

is the bbk a better turbo than the old fp green ?????
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ Yes by a long shot. No comparison at all.

On our local mustang dyno FP Greens do 330-340 whp full bolt ons with 91 tune, people with BBK and less supporting mods have been doing 360-370 whp.

On a side note, I find it interesting how I asked FP a year ago and on a thread here about the surging the FP green had on my car. They insisted it was normal and that it was nothing the turbo could do about it. Now they come out with an "Anti-surge" housing for it. I just find it funny....All of the people with the ****ty old surging greens should get a free upgrade to the new housing. I paid 2000 dollars for a turbo that netted me 13 whp over my 9 turbo. That is retarded.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

I'm going with a BBK Full also, any opinions on if I should send my stock IX in for a rebuild to a BBK or just buy a new one? Only have 20k on the stocker.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:21 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SPANKED
I'm going with a BBK Full also, any opinions on if I should send my stock IX in for a rebuild to a BBK or just buy a new one? Only have 20k on the stocker.
pm me,

but it doesnt matter to us we are happy either way

but we can ship a new BBK with a port (or without) within 2 days

if you send in yours, you have the wait period of sending yours out to us!

cheers

cb

Last edited by CBRD; Aug 5, 2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
pm me,

if you send in yours, you have the wait period of sending yours our to us!

cheers

cb
I'll definitely PM you but what is the advantage/disadvantage going with the port?

Also what O2 housing do you recommend? Might as well get one since I'm pulling out the turbo right?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:56 PM

I'll definitely PM you but what is the advantage/disadvantage going with the port?

Also what O2 housing do you recommend? Might as well get one since I'm pulling out the turbo right?
I sent my stocker in and got it back in about 3 days, but I live in AK, so yeah it would have been two days if I didn't live halfway around the world from them.

I'm running the EPM O2 dump. Everyone talks about how loud O2 dumps are, but for daily driving I very rarely hear it open up. I only hear it if I'm WOT and trying to pass someone. Matter of fact the only thing I consistently hear is my turbo spooling up, but that's music to my ear's.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 02:27 AM
Evolving Member

pm me,

if you send in yours, you have the wait period of sending yours out to us!

cheers

cb
I've got a BBK Full non port on its way i'm hoping its still gonna do the business is there much in it??? please say no

cheers
Old Aug 6, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Yah I'm wanting to upgrade my stocker 9 turbo as well and pull my green off and sell to make up for it. Does anyone know if the BBK has any surging like the old green? Partial throttle/high load conditions?

The customer service alone makes it worth it, but I'm curious about the surge since its not using an anti surge housing like all the FP turbos.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 05:27 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we have had no complaints of surge, nor any with the development testing!!

cheers

cb
Old Aug 6, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rolly1818
to me its simple.... the red and green are not stock appearing turbos....
Uh, right!

Last edited by sparky; Aug 6, 2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Looking at both torque curves doesnt seem nice.. They tend to taper severly, unlike the BBK which holds it almost all along.. ANY ANSWERS TO THAT?!?!?!?!?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
remains to be seen...

we had a client from hawaii make 487whp on a DJ recently at 27.8 psi..

wish he would post his chart lol!!

the green and red are great products... we have played with different versions of the BBK (larger etc)... the only thing i see that doing, is confusing clients so that they wont know what to get.

cheers

cb

(yes our delivery time is 2 days to ship from order date!)

cb
thats interesing. sounds just like the 487whp made by the first test of the Tomie 20g.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
this thread is funny to me. the new HTA green was designed to beat the BBK. Robert had a BBK in his possession when he designed the new FP green. Do you really think the guys at FP would waste their time and efforts to redesign a turbo only to fail at their goals?

the only reason one would choose a BBK over an HTA 73 green would be because he can get one quickly.wow. if you want a good meal go to the restaurant that has a waiting line, not the one where you can walk right in a be served!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
this thread is funny to me. the new HTA green was designed to beat the BBK. Robert had a BBK in his possession when he designed the new FP green. Do you really think the guys at FP would waste their time and efforts to redesign a turbo only to fail at their goals?

the only reason one would choose a BBK over an HTA 73 green would be because he can get one quickly.wow. if you want a good meal go to the restaurant that has a waiting line, not the one where you can walk right in a be served!
94AWDcoupe - Just because FP had the BBK as the benchmark, does not mean the HTA Green will be better. There is still too little data out on the HTA Greens, so all of this "which is better debate" is silly.

Also, it makes no sense why it should take a business [manufacturing oriented] 4 - 6 weeks to make a turbo. In keeping with your restaurant analogy - if you had a pancake restaurant that made great pancakes, but it took you 4 hours to plate food, many potential customers would seek a different pancake house.

I like pancakes ....
Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

I wonder too how much whp or spooling difference there is with a port vs. non-port, but when I bought mine I decided $100 for the port was worth it even if its just a couple whp. I run the ebay/ SS autochrome 02 housing, back when I got it there were no EPM 02 dumps around, but if they would produce more power I would go with one of those- back when I got the ebay 02 it was the cheapest but also best power producing 02 around, Buschur tested it against a bunch of competitors, however I would be interested in seeing how much/if any more power the EPM would provide...

Quick Reply: HTA Green vs. BBK