Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HTA Green vs. BBK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:51 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like pancakes too... yumm.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
this thread is funny to me. the new HTA green was designed to beat the BBK. Robert had a BBK in his possession when he designed the new FP green. Do you really think the guys at FP would waste their time and efforts to redesign a turbo only to fail at their goals?

the only reason one would choose a BBK over an HTA 73 green would be because he can get one quickly.wow. if you want a good meal go to the restaurant that has a waiting line, not the one where you can walk right in a be served!
Completely IRRATIONAL!!!

Everyone in this forum have been cursing FP for thier cheap customer service, and the reason why lines of customers exist is because they offer a unique product (red; monopoly) forcing all customers to wait!!! If same product was introduced by a better-serving vendor, NO ONE WOULD EVEN COME ACCROSS FP!!!!!

CBRD, You've been known for having GREAT customer-service (despite the fact that you have great products too), all you need is to benchmark the red and make a new fighter for it!! If you did so, I swear and I know this, every single customer FP has will come to you..

Personally, I wanted a Red at the beginning, but after reading how humiliating it is dealing with FP (told by many "insulted Red owners, no offense" who were ignored for weeks and days), I think power doesnt seem to be having any interest!!

I'll get a BBK Full, even if I make 50 WHP less than the HTA green,,, and what ever I miss in WHP, I'll for sure make up in CBRD's instant response and infinite will to help!!!

Last edited by NitrousOxide; Aug 7, 2009 at 07:17 AM. Reason: forgot something!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FP's turnarund time is the reason why I'm not considering them....point blank....I had to wait forever for my tranny/tcase. I wish they made something like the FPRed I'd be all over that. LOL. I've also been considering the Tomei and MAP turbo's. CBRD has a good reputation and their Full is still cheaper then all the other alternatives.

That being said....I'm very interestedin the HTA green's. Turnaround time aside I'd like to see the numbers and how they stack up next to a Blue full. Power under the curve etc.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
Completely IRRATIONAL!!!

Everyone in this forum have been cursing FP for thier cheap customer service, and the reason why lines of customers exist is because they offer a unique product (red; monopoly) forcing all customers to wait!!! If same product was introduced by a better-serving vendor, NO ONE WOULD EVEN COME ACCROSS FP!!!!!

CBRD, You've been known for having GREAT customer-service (despite the fact that you have great products too), all you need is to benchmark the red and make a new fighter for it!! If you did so, I swear and I know this, every single customer FP has will come to you..

Personally, I wanted a Red at the beginning, but after reading how humiliating it is dealing with FP (told by many "insulted Red owners, no offense" who were ignored for weeks and days), I think power doesnt seem to be having any interest!!

I'll get a BBK Full, even if I make 50 WHP less than the HTA green,,, and what ever I miss in WHP, I'll for sure make up in CBRD's instant response and infinite will to help!!!
^^^this
I kow CBRD said they experimented with different setups and did not want to confuse customers by offering too many choices, but to have a larger flowing turbo as an equivalent to the red it would serve the demand for people running built motors/30+psi boost/big turbo power but looking for quicker spool as a true bolt-on turbo... although they ma have to use a different housing to prevent surging like new FP Red- of course the other thing to consider is anyone seriously looking at the red may want to take a look at the TAK33R (?spelling) turbo that CBRD has been working with, which sounds like my ideal turbo for a built motor.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
FP turnaround time sucks. But I would wait 4 hours on pancakes if they were best in the world. If you guys want to be impatient and choose an inferior performing turbo that is certainly your choice. I am still laughing though. Here is what the current data suggests for these turbos:

The Tomie is extremely close to BBK. Here is flow of current turbos. and wheel size.
69mm Tomie, original green.
70mm BBK
73mm HTA Green

Green 47lb/min
Tomie 49lb/min
BBK 50lb/min
HTA Green 54lb/min

Turbos dont make great HP. Good setups do.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94awdcoupe
fp turnaround time sucks. But i would wait 4 hours on pancakes if they were best in the world. If you guys want to be impatient and choose an inferior performing turbo that is certainly your choice. I am still laughing though. Here is what the current data suggests for these turbos:

The tomie is extremely close to bbk. Here is flow of current turbos. And wheel size.
69mm tomie, original green.
70mm bbk
73mm hta green

green 47lb/min
tomie 49lb/min
bbk 50lb/min
hta green 54lb/min

turbos dont make great hp. Good setups do.
+1
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
FP turnaround time sucks. But I would wait 4 hours on pancakes if they were best in the world. If you guys want to be impatient and choose an inferior performing turbo that is certainly your choice. I am still laughing though. Here is what the current data suggests for these turbos:

The Tomie is extremely close to BBK. Here is flow of current turbos. and wheel size.
69mm Tomie, original green.
70mm BBK
73mm HTA Green

Green 47lb/min
Tomie 49lb/min
BBK 50lb/min
HTA Green 54lb/min

Turbos dont make great HP. Good setups do.
you're sooo funny!!

you forgot that waiting for a pancake takes 4 hours, but for a Red takes more than 8 weeks!!

Go have a good sleep my friend!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
you're sooo funny!!

you forgot that waiting for a pancake takes 4 hours, but for a Red takes more than 8 weeks!!

Go have a good sleep my friend!
Its a figure of speech lol he wasnt being literal...
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
Its a figure of speech lol he wasnt being literal...
Lol, its not..

we did talk about pancakes at the beginning!!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 09:22 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Good god everyone's panties are in a bunch today!

Ultimately all of these turbos should perform so similarly there is less and less point in arguing over them.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 09:30 AM
Former Sponsor

no disrespect , but does that mean will just forget about going 11sec in the red and just buy a bbk that spools fast and run 12. sec happy we all had an exellent customer service ?????

i have no hate for bbk , in fact there a great shop CBRD , but lets stop thinking BBK < CBRD < FP < FPRED

and start thinking , what u can buy for a faster car ,

if u like we can change the thread name to

CUSTOMER SERVICE CBRD VS FORCE PERFORMANCE
Old Aug 7, 2009, 09:37 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
My BBK makes near identical power to a buddy with a red that just ran solid 11.1/11.2's @ 125/126mph at MAP's event at BIR(on a 6-speed even). Both have very similar power curves, if someone that does drag their car ( I have not and likely won't) at this power level, it'd be hard(IMHO) to not run a low 11
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

i probably shouldnt advertise this because i just make myself look like a crap driver but my first time at the track about two weeks ago i was there with another evo 9 running a similar set up but a red insted of a bbk like i have. he ran a better time then me 11.4 to a 12.7 but it was my first time out at the track. i only got 3 runs in and didnt get below a 2.1 60 foot.

all that being said my bbk powered car trapped at 118.5 and his red powered car only got to 116 so theres a little direct comparison for you guys on pump gas.

jeff
Old Aug 7, 2009, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll monitor this thread a bit more as I see that the drama and bickering are increasing which totally takes the thread out of context. Bottom line, the thread is/was about the BBK Full vs. 73HTA. Someone hit the nail on the head and if we take impatience and/or patience out of the equation and focus solely on each turbo and what they are capable of doing then one could easily see that the right set of parts is what makes for any particular turbo performing splendidly.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by scheides
My BBK makes near identical power to a buddy with a red that just ran solid 11.1/11.2's @ 125/126mph at MAP's event at BIR(on a 6-speed even). Both have very similar power curves, if someone that does drag their car ( I have not and likely won't) at this power level, it'd be hard(IMHO) to not run a low 11
sounds like a fast car

Quick Reply: HTA Green vs. BBK