Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HTA Green vs. BBK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo7girl
IM OFF TOPIC , BUT IM IN THE REAL WORLD

1. Anibal BBQ / 5/27/09 / Anibal BBQ / Evo 9 / FP RED, AEM, SparkTech Pro CDI system / 9.527ET

2. Most-Wanted / 02/06/09 / AWDMOTORSPORTS / Evo 9 / FP RED, Buschur Built 2.0L, E85, Crispeed Tuned / 9.535ET

3. Ryu / 4/9/09 / TTP Engineering / Evo 9 / FP RED, 93oct+meth / 6.679 / 10.301ET

4. David Buschur (driven by Trent Stanley) / 07/07/09 / Buschur Racing / Evo 8 / FP RED, BR2.3, E85, StockECU / 6.826 / 10.353ET

5. StreetThisEVO / 7/24/09 / Buschur Racing / Evo 9 / FP RED, BR2.0, E85, Stock ECU / 6.7559 / 10.5080ET

6. OKIX / 3/19/09 / Buschur Racing / Evo 9 / FP GREEN , BR 2.0/ 6.79 / 10.56ET

7. Diiirk / 1/10/09 / AWD Motorsports / Evo 9 / FP GREEN, E85, Jestr Tuned, Stock Motor / 10.72ET

8. CWiLL / 4/15/09 / CWiLL / Evo 8 / FP RED, E85, stockecu / 7.1 / 10.82ET

9. DanniEVOIX / 13-06-2009 / My Self / Evo 9 / FP RED, Stock motor, 93oct / 11.027ET

10. Silk / 7/11/09 / DB & MAP / Evo 8 / FP RED, GSC S1s, Stock block, Full weight, Street tires, E85 / 11.107ET

11. marrrk / 5/31/09/ Strictly Modified / Evo 9 / FP GREEN, e85 / 7.19 / 11.197ET

12. Liqquid / 5/24/09 / Switzer Performance / Evo 8 / FP GREEN, Pro-EFI ecu, E85 / 11.29ET

13. Fookster / 7/11/09 / MAPerformance / Evo 8 / MAP SST, AEM, BC 280s, Built 2.0, E85 / 11.348ET

14. nochance / 5/24/09/ Myself & My Wife / Evo 8 MR / FP RED, Built 2.0L, 93oct, Buschur Tune / 11.409ET

15. Evo2wish4 / 5/15/09 / TTP Eng. / Evo 9 / FP RED, 93oct+meth, Full Weight / 7.46 / 11.413ET

16. WannaRace / 06/26/2009 / Myself / Evo 8 / FP RED, E85 / 11.455ET

17. markymark1082 / 6/4/09 / TTP Engineering / Evo 8 / FP RED, 93oct / 7.452 / 11.610ET

18. Macaroni / 07/02/09 / Myself / Evo 8 / FP RED, pump gas / 11.61ET

19. R/TErnie / 6/12/09 / R/TErnie Race Engineering / Evo 9 / FP RED, EcuFlash, pump/race gas mix / 7.752 / 11.970ET

20. silver9mr / 6/12/09 / Myself / Evo 9 MR / FP RED, 93 pump / 11.98ET

AS i said before bbk or fp green , there both good turbos , i heard , and listened about bbk , now its my turn to do green talking ..

no intention to offend bbk , results r results like it or not , map made it to the list , i would love to get bbk in there i know there capable , but till i see some bbk in there , even the old green is a good choice
You also need to factor in that most of the cars on this list are either built 2.0, running meth, or running E-85 or a combination of all three.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vegas702evo
You got to also think about if that green was tuned on 91 or 93.
the gentleman stated he was on 93 in his thread.

jeff
Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look I am not any turbo guru thats for sure, still new to this game. Why are we even comparing apples to oranges here? I mean the CBRD are supposably suggesting installing a RED over their own BBK for a drag car right? In my mind that doesn't make the RED superior cause everybodies gettin better 1/4 mile times. Numbers are numbers in my book and power curves are exactly that as well! So what makes one turbo superior??? Nada, to each his own. A BBK maybe more suited for me cause I want a faster spool and broad power curve n for a little drag maybe a track day and the street. The RED is suited for X cause he wants to get slammed in his seat at 4k rpm and probably very good 1/4 mile times with high hp numbers. Maybe X likes to shift early and doesn't mind a bit of lag as oppose to someone who wants instant spool. Just my o2 take it with a grain of salt and purchase a turbo with a purpose for which your gonna use it for!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by EriCS
Look I am not any turbo guru thats for sure, still new to this game. Why are we even comparing apples to oranges here? I mean the CBRD are supposably suggesting installing a RED over their own BBK for a drag car right? In my mind that doesn't make the RED superior cause everybodies gettin better 1/4 mile times. Numbers are numbers in my book and power curves are exactly that as well! So what makes one turbo superior??? Nada, to each his own. A BBK maybe more suited for me cause I want a faster spool and broad power curve n for a little drag maybe a track day and the street. The RED is suited for X cause he wants to get slammed in his seat at 4k rpm and probably very good 1/4 mile times with high hp numbers. Maybe X likes to shift early and doesn't mind a bit of lag as oppose to someone who wants instant spool. Just my o2 take it with a grain of salt and purchase a turbo with a purpose for which your gonna use it for!
Well said. 1/4 mile is not the end all be all when deciding which turbo to get.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 07:22 PM
Account Disabled

Lasy time I checked the title was hta green vs bbk
Old Aug 7, 2009, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
Patience!! the BBK just got into the market!!!
Really the SST is like 5 weeks old....

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
The BBK has been on the market for quite a while now. Just got on the market would be the SST, which has already made that list.
You beat me too it! lol

Its all about compromise. People are whining about time. You want to make power and you want to make it NOW. Well - you can have one or the other.

Would you buy a fast turn around long block that is currently mildly unproven - over a 10+ year company (ams, BR, etc) long block that you may have to wait 2 months for?

I bought my red because - I want a street beast. Not an almost street beast I can drive right now.

Next I will have my buschur long block. because I know it wont break. But I bet I will have to wait for it. Guess Ill just ... deal with it.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drizzy Drake
Lasy time I checked the title was hta green vs bbk
Yea but using the RED as an example since these 2 are usually compared in threads just like this one...
Old Aug 7, 2009, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

maybe if fp would get a couple of these new greens out we wouldnt have to use the red for a comparison, but as of now there is not much data on the new green and people seem to be getting impatient.

jeff
Old Aug 8, 2009, 06:22 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
im curious what the green can do.... the original was never a "bad" turbo... it is honestly what inspired me to build the BBK......

as for 1/4 mile times again... i cant tell you of many of our clients that have ever said to me "i went to the track this weekend" LOL!! thats the problem!

I would love to get someone to let me tune their car on E85 on their BBK and go to the strip with them to see what they can do... Its obvious what experience at the drag strip does...

I went one time with the guys from blouch, and through logging their car once down the strip i made some small ecu changes to the launch control and fueling and they dropped 5 tenths in one single pass... just goes to show that people that are making these lists have been to the track more than one time and know the drill....

maybe ill get a BBK put together for someone that drag races alot even though thats not really our thing!

cheers

cb
Old Aug 8, 2009, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drizzy Drake
That's just a excuse for bbk owners not to be on the list. With all the bbk owners out there or supposley out there I don't understand how nobody has run a decent time yet.
Not really - I drag raced my 03 evo and went through tranny after tranny and transfer case after transfer case. Now I'm using the Evo for what it was made for.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chad -- Get IndyEVo a BBK Full and I am sure you'll see a low 11 / high 10.....

Last edited by cij911; Aug 8, 2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Whoa! My has this thread picked up some steam. Bottom line, the BBK Full on E85 easily makes over 440whp (Mustang) that a small calculation shows that it has the potential of running some very good 1/4-mile times. Of course, this doesn't take in account the driver factor. At the end of the day, a good set of supporting parts is and will always be the key to any set up.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drop24
Wow, They can't even match you with meth? Who did your tune Murf?

Chad,
What's your opinion on meth injection on street cars? Does CBRD do kit installs? Sounds like I might not even need it anyways.
I did a 12.2 @ 113 23psi on 91 pump elevation around 4600ft...the best part about that is I had a bad engine when I ran that.. low comp all around and 30 psi lower in #3 that the other cyls.
As for who did my tune...Its a guy on here named Jer.k or some varient of that..he does not post much anymore..the guy loves to tune evos. Those times were done on my Daily Driver tune. 23 Psi is under where the BBK full starts to shine..can't wait to get my engine back togather and find out what it can really do.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

^^Exactly what he said. Just because a turbo does a better time in the 1/4 mile does not make it the best turbo on the market. Honestly I could care less about 1/4 mile times. You may be looking for the biggest hp and others may want quick spool. Just because a turbo does not fit your criteria of what you want does not mean its an inferior turbo. Its just intended for different applications. I personally have no interest in the Red, it just doesn't fit my goals for the car. I'm tired of everytime there is a comparison between turbos its inevitable that someone will come in and say don't bother just get a Red its the best. With that being said, the topic is HTA Green vs BBK. Lets keep it the topic and drop the BS about the Red. You want to talk about the Red, go elsewhere.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

We can suggest getting CBRD to get a BBKed evo an set it up for some drag but its not what this turbo is designed for in the first place right? If CBRD wants to set something up to prove a point that IT CAN be a great drag turbo than more power to the BBK and CBRD. Honestly if they want to get large numbers of this turbo to be sold and they want the hype of the RED than their going to have to cater to the common evo owner. If not their turbo stays where its at, a great road racing, street turbo geared to a CERTAIN customer with specific intentions or wants of a product just like the RED customers.

Quick Reply: HTA Green vs. BBK