Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Kellford 272s

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 06:48 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed. Have you noticed a difference at all with the idle in comparison to the outside air temperature? I'm had a similar issue in my old evo, odd question I know.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
I'm running Kelfords on stock engine stock ecu idles perfectly ask SRT-TO-EVO he knows. Actually the car runs even smoother now. You Chris give me a call I got her running ice smooth and lowered the idle and quiet down the exhaust. Sounds great on wastegate and well we know what 25psi sounds like. To the OP try a Mellon Tune. I have 2 tuners in my area that has tuned kelfords perfectly. My idle is 800-1k very smooth when you turn the a/c on the car won't even flinch.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nomad4g63
well especially with A/C ON is horrible
Yes I have the same problem with the A/C on. I use Fcon Vpro, which the tuner had to set the idle up from the Vpro.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DBallz
I'm running Kelfords on stock engine stock ecu idles perfectly ask SRT-TO-EVO he knows. Actually the car runs even smoother now. You Chris give me a call I got her running ice smooth and lowered the idle and quiet down the exhaust. Sounds great on wastegate and well we know what 25psi sounds like. To the OP try a Mellon Tune. I have 2 tuners in my area that has tuned kelfords perfectly. My idle is 800-1k very smooth when you turn the a/c on the car won't even flinch.
Yeah I'm trying to tell the OP it's probably the crappy ETS intake (same one I have), not the cams since ever car I've been in/heard there pretty easy to get to idle.
Damien Is this another free ride I see ? Yeah man I'll give you a call next time I'm in DF.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah John is a great tuner, was tuning me on the HKS 272s before i switched to the Kelfords and nothing but A+ from him, but since the Kelfords no matter which tuner i go with

Im really debating switching back to HKS 272s, cuz taking a chance to go AEM EMS and then later finding out that the car still has a problem and its not the Stock ECU tuning that was the issue is gonna throw me a little over the edge
Hang in there for a day or three.

John will be tuning my car in a few days and I will let you know the results.
I just installed the Kelford 272's and they are giving me stall issues too. Fresh engine build. Lots of new parts to tune, so looking forward to getting everything under control.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
Yeah I'm trying to tell the OP it's probably the crappy ETS intake (same one I have), not the cams since ever car I've been in/heard there pretty easy to get to idle.
Damien Is this another free ride I see ? Yeah man I'll give you a call next time I'm in DF.
Really I have never heard of any issues with the ETS intake well actually I should say it's very new to me. Oh yeah if your in DF give the kid a call.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
Hang in there for a day or three.

John will be tuning my car in a few days and I will let you know the results.
I just installed the Kelford 272's and they are giving me stall issues too. Fresh engine build. Lots of new parts to tune, so looking forward to getting everything under control.
Let me know the results im very curious as to if its my car in particular that has issues with the Kelfords or what??

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
Will be swapping out Intake RIGHT NOW, ill let u know soon what the result was
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

well i know this is breaking EvoM policies, but i think this deserves it.

HOLY ****ING ****!

i installed the stock intake pipe, and the car runs SMOOTH az hell!

No more Stalling with A/C on.

No more cruising in 5th gear @ 45-50 mph and having AFRs randomly JUMP TO 10.0 for no reason.

All i need now is to buy a Catch Can
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i know this is breaking EvoM policies, but i think this deserves it.

HOLY ****ING ****!

i installed the stock intake pipe, and the car runs SMOOTH az hell!

No more Stalling with A/C on.

No more cruising in 5th gear @ 45-50 mph and having AFRs randomly JUMP TO 10.0 for no reason.

All i need now is to buy a Catch Can
Did you install the whole OEM Box or jus the intake pipe. Open element air filter?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by racer135
Did you install the whole OEM Box or jus the intake pipe. Open element air filter?
just stock intake rubber peace. With K&N intake cone.

It is butter!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Huh.. I wonder why the ETS intake pipe would cause this? I mean I look at some other intakes and they look very similar but damn it you learn something new on this forum every day. Nomad r u stock turbo?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DBallz
Huh.. I wonder why the ETS intake pipe would cause this? I mean I look at some other intakes and they look very similar but damn it you learn something new on this forum every day. Nomad r u stock turbo?
FP RED
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

FP RED
Told you . The thing is a POS when on the stock MAF. I can't wait to get mine off the car. You're welcome lol.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:25 PM

Just got mine installed along with BBK and supporting mods, no idle issues. However, when crusing around and I press in the clutch the RPMs will drop down to about 900 bounce up to about 1200 drop down again and then smooth out. Doesn't happen when I decelerate, only when I hold in the clutch.

Quick Reply: Kellford 272s