Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Robert @ Forced Performance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't have that problem at all. I dealt with Aniel and he was really good with getting back to me with emails and phone calls before and after I bought my red. He was the one that called me for the new oil feed line before I even knew about it. He even answered my questions about it within one day. Call Aniel.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xRoguex
so wait -- 80 bucks for a new line.. and if you are running the right setup they told you to when you got your red(IE before the deadline)

You can BLOW UP your turbo.. and they will rebuild it for free..

But still want to charge you for a line. That just sounds like poor business management to me.
i ordered the install kit since i have an 8(which came with the ss oil line version 1) then 2 days later they came out with the version 2 oil line so i emailed aniel and he told me they would swap it out for 80.00 more

he has been good about getting back to me im just pissed about the 2 days later they come out with a better linei would have held off on the install kit had i known
Old Jul 12, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by localtoys73
i ordered the install kit since i have an 8(which came with the ss oil line version 1) then 2 days later they came out with the version 2 oil line so i emailed aniel and he told me they would swap it out for 80.00 more

he has been good about getting back to me im just pissed about the 2 days later they come out with a better linei would have held off on the install kit had i known
See - COMMON SENSE business management says

It costs us $80 for this new SS line.
It costs us $400 to rebuild a RED that fails.

now either FP cant add? or they are sitting on mountains of money like ford did with the pinto - and they figure its cheaper to rebuild the ones that break rather then offer to swap the line.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

agreed but i dont want the down time if it blows so im gonna order the new line this week....im only on pump right now so im not running crazy boost anyways
Old Jul 12, 2009, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does fp even have a vendor on here to say whats up to peoples questions??
Old Jul 12, 2009, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
anybody answer to my previous question??
Old Jul 12, 2009, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
I've called several times over the past week and left messages with you.

I NEED THE NEW OIL FEED LINE FOR MY FP RED TURBO!!!!!

I bought the red and was sold the mandatory ss braided upgraded line that takes the oil feed from the head. I was informed last week that "oops" we(FP) were wrong... it will eat your turbo. BLAH BLAH BLAH I have money waiting.... PLEASE contact me. I hate resorting to making threads on Evom to get a vendors attention, but seriously you guys... ANSWER YOUR PHONES AND LISTEN TO YOUR MESSAGES!
eric.urness@paccar.com
You really expect anyone to believe that you posted this public message on EvoM in the Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain section just expecting that Robert@ FP would be reading your polite note on a SUNDAY? Give me a break... People are far too quick to try to use public forums to jump on vendors and get a response... that's exactly what this post is about, and nothing else.

You just found out "last week"? Where have you been? There's been an ongoing thread on this change running for weeks. Oh, and you were "informed that "oops FP was wrong" -- not from FP, I'm betting, since you claim you can't reach them -- FP informs people who are patient, like me, that the Mitsubishi TSB about minimum oil pressure to the turbo, and FP's testing that showed that under some conditions, the factory oil pressure was not enough, led them to design and offer a better option. I got my new line and installed it last week. I trust you'll get yours soon.

Just buck up and dial the phone. Oh, and if you don't get an answer in 20 minutes during the week after the 4th of July, don't get too out of shape. That happens from time to time in everyone's business... and once in a while, if a person is lucky, they take some time off around the 4th...

The RED is still the best stock appearing turbo out there, bar none. High demand follows high performance.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
ok maybe im just out of the loop here i have a bnib red i had since dec but i have a evo 8 all i need to do is buy the install kit so i can put it in right or do i need more?? which one of these things do i order to keep warranty etc????

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...Lancer-TurboHW
This is the new oil line and filter setup that feeds from the filter rather than from the head. There's another thread about it if you do a quick search. I'd talk to FP about what you need to do for warranty, as I don't know, but I can say that this line will give your turbo more reliable oil pressure, which is what it's all about if you're running high PSI or loose clearances in your motor.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...Lancer-TurboHW
Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_VR4
You really expect anyone to believe that you posted this public message on EvoM in the Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain section just expecting that Robert@ FP would be reading your polite note on a SUNDAY? Give me a break... People are far too quick to try to use public forums to jump on vendors and get a response... that's exactly what this post is about, and nothing else.

No I expect them to call me back after waiting a full week. It's rediculous to expect a call on a sunday...I'm asking for a call back period.

You just found out "last week"? Where have you been?

driving my car and not reading forums 24/7.... I have a life

There's been an ongoing thread on this change running for weeks.
That was where I read about it and then promptly called FP during the weekday 4 times! I finally left a message before I left work

Oh, and you were "informed that "oops FP was wrong" -- not from FP,

Why do they say on their site that their first oil line that they REQUIRED me to purchase, DOES NOT FUNCTION as intended and should be removed immediately. SOUNDS LIKE THEY SAID, "OOPS WE'RE(FP) WRONG."

I'm betting, since you claim you can't reach them -- FP informs people who are patient, like me, that the Mitsubishi TSB about minimum oil pressure to the turbo, and FP's testing that showed that under some conditions, the factory oil pressure was not enough, led them to design and offer a better option. I got my new line and installed it last week. I trust you'll get yours soon.

Did they call you to inform you? Did they email you? Did they answer your phone calls? Return your messages? THEY'VE DONE NONE OF THAT FOR ME. So congratulations! You swing so hard from their sack that you know when they leave for lunch.

Just buck up and dial the phone. Oh, and if you don't get an answer in 20 minutes during the week after the 4th of July, don't get too out of shape. That happens from time to time in everyone's business... and once in a while, if a person is lucky, they take some time off around the 4th...
If you had some sort of reading comprehension you would've read that I've been waiting PATIENTLY for a week after calling repeatedly and leaving a message. I guess you're telling me that they took all of last week off.

The RED is still the best stock appearing turbo out there, bar none. High demand follows high performance.

Yeah I know...I bought one.
The bitter taste of poor customer service lingers far longer than the sweetness of a turbocharger that is better than the stock one.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not trying to bash on FP. They make great products. I'd like to get a HTA3586 for a Subaru project I'm working on in the near future. I would just like a phone call so that I can order the part.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 08:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

1) Thread's about FP customer service and no other vendor's product

2) I'm locking this thread until either the OP notifies me he's spoken with FP, or likewise I hear from FP or their distributors.

3) Customers service a side, there is a right way, and a wrong way to get things done as a consumer/customer. Pretty much mostly the latter done here

Last edited by Zeus; Jul 12, 2009 at 08:14 PM.