Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS 2.3 Stroker sounds like a desiel...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you spoken w/ anyone from AMS after removing the pan?

You've done good so far to stay neutral about things so who knows a great company like that may surprise you w/ how much they may be willing to help you.

And those that asked or rec'd him to see if the noise was worse after some "hard" driving might want to be careful of what advice you may be giving.

He did a good job not beating on it, asking the right ?'s in an proper manner, and removing the pan before any more damage could be incurred.

I hope the best for ya bud!
Old Jul 15, 2009, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by 05ah8james
I just started with the flushing.

I took the oil cooler off and ran 3 cans of break clean through it. I removed the valve cover and dumped 10 quarts of cheap oil through and let it all drain out. I took out the oil pump and checked the screen for debris, and there was none to speak of. Everything seems to be okay. I'm probably gonna buy a new oil pan. AMS DRY SUMP MAYBE??

I'd encourage you to send the cooler out to an aircraft shop for high pressure flushing. They specialize in cleaning coolers for the zero fault tolerances of airplanes and I have seen to many garage jobs on oil coolers end up throwing debris into a motor at a later date. The peace of mind and relatively inexpensive cost given the alternative is worth it.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

u dnt need a ams drysump unless u going to track your car... it would pretty much be useless if you just drive your car daily on the streets or take it to the strip.. thats my opinion. tho. sry to hear about all that. im going thru ur pain taken my head off my car bc detantion screw up one piston! err. but it will be back in action soon or later. gl on everything!
Old Jul 15, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Have you spoken w/ anyone from AMS after removing the pan?

You've done good so far to stay neutral about things so who knows a great company like that may surprise you w/ how much they may be willing to help you.

And those that asked or rec'd him to see if the noise was worse after some "hard" driving might want to be careful of what advice you may be giving.

He did a good job not beating on it, asking the right ?'s in an proper manner, and removing the pan before any more damage could be incurred.

I hope the best for ya bud!
No I have not. I spoke with them yesterday and he said they couldn't find any record of me buying this motor, and I can't find the reciepts, so basicly I don't exist to them even though I debited over like 5 grand to them. Live and learn I guess...

I'm thinking that I may just delete the oil cooler...
Old Jul 15, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No I have not. I spoke with them yesterday and he said they couldn't find any record of me buying this motor, and I can't find the reciepts, so basicly I don't exist to them even though I debited over like 5 grand to them. Live and learn I guess...
thats not on!
Old Jul 15, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

umm....show them your credit card statement then! dur
Old Jul 15, 2009, 09:54 AM
Account Disabled

^^^^ tell em SloRice
Old Jul 15, 2009, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

I'm thinking that I may just delete the oil cooler...
Funny isn't it..... I will not deal with them anymore. In a nice way they told me pound sand when timing belt tensioner tool they sent me didn't work. The motor mount for the tranny is not correctly made, no shop is perfect but they have failed to impress me with how they handled the situation afterwards.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Sucks about your issues man, really hope you get it sorted and then some for the aggrevation.

Did you ask AMS if they spin the motor over by hand after assembly, I would think when you build as many motor's as those guys do the builder would notice the slightest hangup or tick.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SloRice
umm....show them your credit card statement then! dur
Good Idea. I've switched banks when I opened my business, so I'm not with the same bank, but I'm sure they can find some record of it.

Originally Posted by 20gmr
Funny isn't it..... I will not deal with them anymore. In a nice way they told me pound sand when timing belt tensioner tool they sent me didn't work. The motor mount for the tranny is not correctly made, no shop is perfect but they have failed to impress me with how they handled the situation afterwards.
They defined professionalism to me... I liked the way they answered the phone, talked to me, didnt make me feel like an idiot when they clearly know more then I do, they're shop is clean, website is professional... idk. I really like them, but this whole situation leaves my stomach very uneasy.

Originally Posted by zbomb
Sucks about your issues man, really hope you get it sorted and then some for the aggrevation.

Did you ask AMS if they spin the motor over by hand after assembly, I would think when you build as many motor's as those guys do the builder would notice the slightest hangup or tick.
No I didn't. I wasn't the least bit worried about something like this happeneing as they have build probably hundreds of these motors. Maybe thoudsands. I understand that mistkes will be made somewhere along the line, it just sucks that it had to be me it happened too.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

I've never had any problems with my 2.3 AMS built motor, they are top shelf in my book. Always answer questions, and I can't say anything bad about them. Nothing is 100% failsafe with any shop, they will help you get it right, so you will be yet "Another satisfied AMS customer!" As far as the Uneasy stomach goes, grab a handful of Tums, you will be just fine
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

I spoke with them yesterday and he said they couldn't find any record of me buying this motor, and I can't find the reciepts, so basicly I don't exist to them even though I debited over like 5 grand to them. Live and learn I guess...
SUX i know how that feels i lost all the reciepts and paperwork that the prev owner of my Evo gave me = $thousands$

Anyway just be thankful that w/ all the electronic transactions going on in this day and age that it should be recorded somewhere.

There must be more to the story as i find it hard to believe that there is no record of the motor build whatsoever and that you are not even in their system
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Are we talking AMS in Chicago? Or the lesser known AMS in Maryland? They know you exist if were talkin Chicago AMS, give them time to locate your stuff would be my guess.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

05ah8james

If you PM me with your information such as first and last name that the motor was purchased under, I will find you receipt.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am sorry that you are going through this but if you did indeed purchase it directly from here we will be able to look you up. Now if you bought this from a second party like another customer or one of our dealers we will not have you name on file but rather that of the person that made the direct purchase....hope that made sense. I just got back from a 40 hour drive from CA.

I am sure we can get to the bottom of this for you. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we certainly want to help you get this resolved. I will be out of the office the rest of the day (NEED SLEEP LOL) but if you want to talk to me directly you can do so tomorrow. Just call in and ask for Eric and we can get this handled. That is of course if you are not already working with someone here to get to the bottom of it all.

Thanks!

Eric

Quick Reply: AMS 2.3 Stroker sounds like a desiel...