Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Strange 1-2 Shift Issue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2009 | 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Strange 1-2 Shift Issue

I have an ACT Clutch, stock clutch line, shifter bushings, and a megan short throw.

Last night at the track I did my 1-2 shift and when I let the clutch out and it just free revved and bounced off the rev limiter. I looked down and it was in gear so I pushed the clutch back in and let it back out and it finally grabbed. I thought I maybe heated the clutch up too much on the launch so I just quit for the night.

Later that night I was giving a ride for my friend and just driving around I did the 1-2 shift really fast again and same problem. Goes in gear, clutch comes out, and nothing. Then is perfectly fine like 5 seconds later.

Anyone else have this problem when they speed shift?
Old Jul 18, 2009 | 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

I've had a slightly different problem. But mine the clutch stayed pushed on the floor until I popped it up with my foot. This was the day after I changed my clutch but I never unplugged the slave cylinder line.

That happened only once. Then later I changed the clutch line and removed the restrictor pill. Everything was fine till I adjusted the clutch pedal (shorter). I launched the car and the clutch pedal didnt come back up all the way (to its shortened length), it came more like half way up to the adjusted point. So I pushed it up with my foot and adjusted the clutch pedal a little longer. Also clutch pedal free play felt a little too loose when it was short, i could wiggle it in and out about a few millimeters freely before tension was felt but after adjusting it out a little that free play is reduced/gone. Later I did another launch and everything was fine again.

I did bleed the clutch, but I think I might have to bleed it again. I'd suggest bleeding your clutch line.
Old Jul 18, 2009 | 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

I know the clutch is bleed well enough. I think taking that restrictor pill out will help.
Old Jul 19, 2009 | 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

join the club incase you didnt know many people have this problem with act clutches. thay call it lockout. I have the same problem goin 3rd to 4th