Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ATP EVO GOLD Turbo- Aussie Made

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW ATP EVO GOLD Turbo- Aussie Made

Has any body tried the new ATP EVO GOLD turbo?

It's Australian designed and made.

It's in between the FP Green and FP RED. It spools as quick a stock EVO 9 turbo with lots more power.

I have it on my car and am very happy with it. Just want to get feed back from others.

Here is a link to the Australian Evolution web page.

http://www.evolutionoz.net/forums/in...=200&start=200

Also a link to the shop that makes them.

http://www.atpturbo.com.au/ATP_Turbo...-Housings.html

(my car is making 350 whp on standard fuel 25PSI and 425whp On E85, 25 PSI.)
These power figures are on a DYNO DYNAMICS dyno. In Australia we call this dyno the "heart breaker" as it shows about 15% less than other dynos)

Last edited by ozevilevo; Jul 21, 2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 09:18 AM

Evo 9 with ATP GOLD Turbo on dyno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeeQu2eVnwU
Old Jul 21, 2009, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That turbo looks to have more Taiwanese components that a world championship little league team

With ALL NINE of your nine posts being about this turbo, looks like you're a world class shill for this product. Go away.

Last edited by CO_VR4; Jul 21, 2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
That turbo looks to have more Taiwanese components that a world championship little league team

With ALL NINE of your nine posts being about this turbo, looks like you're a world class shill for this product. Go away.
wonder what advanced tuning products www.atpturbo.com would have to say about that website
Old Jul 21, 2009, 09:54 AM

I asked for feedback from any current users of this turbo not for smart *** comments from some racist *****.

As for this turbo it's Australian made
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Bull. The chances of that turbo having any following over here are slim to none, particularly when it costs more than $2500 US. You're repping it, and nothing else. You're now 10/10 every one of your posts is for this turbo. And if you care to tell us where in Australia the compressor wheel is made, I'll send you an apology. Until then, it looks very much like a Taiwanese wheel with which I am familiar. Unlike the little league team, it's not world class.

Last edited by CO_VR4; Jul 23, 2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: corrected -- compressor wheel is not billet
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did anyone see this:

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...gory_Code=VEVO

not my cup of tea but i wonder how that works?

Last edited by Viciouslord; Jul 21, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:49 AM

Bull. The chances of that turbo having any following over here are slim to none, particularly when it costs more than $2500 US. You're repping it, and nothing else. You're now 10/10 every one of your posts is for this turbo. And if you care to tell us where in Australia the billet wheel is made, I'll send you an apology. Until then, it looks very much like a Taiwanese wheel with which I am familiar. Unlike the little league team, it's not world class.
This turbo is made inhouse in Melbourne Australia.

I have been told that there are several customers from California that have already purchased an EVO Gold and are making good power.

The reason I'm looking for other users in the US is to see what results they are getting. Most Australian evo owners don't like to push more than 20-24psi. In the states it seems people are a bit more brave and don't mind pushing to the extremes.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Bull. The chances of that turbo having any following over here are slim to none, particularly when it costs more than $2500 US. You're repping it, and nothing else. You're now 10/10 every one of your posts is for this turbo. And if you care to tell us where in Australia the billet wheel is made, I'll send you an apology. Until then, it looks very much like a Taiwanese wheel with which I am familiar. Unlike the little league team, it's not world class.
that isn't a billet wheel

Last edited by TiALSport; Jul 21, 2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Here you go:

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=77958.0
Old Jul 21, 2009, 05:33 PM
Account Disabled

dunno how I feel about this thing.... no distributors or anything in case something breaks or fails. Im not digging it...not at all
Old Jul 21, 2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by BenJ
Thanks mate.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:49 PM

im following the thread on evolutionoz. will be interesting to see what matt says when i have him tune my car. for the non aussie in this thread....there isnt many people in oz with evos compared to usa so it will take some time before we see results with this turbo down here. i too doubt it is fully 100% oz made but that doesnt matter. what matter is the results and the support. it looks to be a better turbo then the red from those dyno runs but i'll go and check it out when i upgrade and post updates.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:11 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
From the thread on socalevo (I've been following it for a few days now since someone linked me to it) it seems like this turbo will yield peak whp just north of a regular green and just under what a BBK will do for way more cost and way more risk. Not worth it IMHO, and I hate the color.

Still, we will need to see a ton of real-world results before drawing too many conclusions.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
This turbo really intrigues me; I'd love to see a turbo with BBK-like power but with quicker spool. Maybe this turbo will be the one to do it, or maybe its the new HTA Green, or maybe it'll never happen. I'll sit happily and wait though

Quick Reply: ATP EVO GOLD Turbo- Aussie Made