Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What intake mainifold is best?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone Tried this?

http://www.plazmaman.com/shop/index....tem&itemId=311
Old Jul 29, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go with something cast. Magnus v5 or AMS F1-i (if those ****** ever release it).
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^OMG LOL....(******)
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

I like my driven innovations intake manifold!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dambikeracer
From stock turbo to FP Red to HTA 3586R. If I was going to upgrade only one time... Who makes the best over all, intake manifold??? Let's see some dyno #'s for compairison if you have them! If there is a thread already out there, I could not find it!

After talking it over with 9sec9, we have decided to release the exact intake manifold he has been running to the public. This is the same manifold 9sec9 has run with the FP White, Green, Red, 35 variants, and soon the stock turbo. 9sec9’s manifold has been digitized and this limited production run will be built in Wilson’s new facility. These will be offered for a retail price of 939.00 plus core and shipping.

Wilson was the first to extensively modify the stock Evo manifold. Since the introduction of Wilson's modified cast intake there have been a few similar intakes introduced to the market, but none that match Wilson’s quality and performance. Using the stock casting provides perfect fitment, reliability, and keeps the factory emission controls intact.

There have been many changes at Wilson Manifolds this year. Expanding the facility 100% has brought forward production and automation technologies that were not available last year. The benefits to the Evo community are, high quality components at affordable pricing due to these new procedures and technologies.

Now you can have the very same intake manifold 9sec9 runs. The first production run will start the first week of August. PM me to get on the list as this is a limited production item. Thanks, Indy

Just a few photos of the new facility.

We have been working on a intake similar to this one for the Evo. 9sec9 and I will be testing and providing input on a race version, and with that data we will be developing a street version.

Originally Posted by 9sec9
We've had excellent results with the Wilson V2.3+ manifold. Our MPH results speak for actual whp numbers, since it's common knowledge that mph is a direct result of whp. Some things previously posted as 'facts' simply put, aren't. Here's the facts: The Fastest MPH FP-Green, 133.70-Wilson Manifold, The Fastest MPH FP-RED, 145.16- Wilson Manifold, Fastest MPH Evo IX -157.90, on a single pass of the FP-HT3586-Wilson Manifold. Dyno numbers don't always tell the story. Not too sure how readily available they are, but if you're looking for 'best' as in highest power level, we use the Wilson Manivolds V2.3+
CoachG, I'll answer that if it's ok. The 2.3+ is a model number basically. The V2 (now W2) came out and was tweeked and improved for more horsepower, which sometimes became referred to as the V2.3. The V2.3 not only improved the low rpm and midrange over the V2, but also slightly improved (6 whp) the top rpm range. Then, for our car, we wanted more power all the way to 9K+ and the Wilson engineers did more calculations and created our 1 off manifold. The V2.3+. No other manifold, ever, from Wilson was like ours. It not only keeps the gains in the midrange, but greatly improved the 7000-9000 rpm range. Now, Wilson has duplicated our manifold exactly as we run it, no differences except they have automated the process while still using the human touch to finalize the job. I was very proud that Wilson Manifolds would duplicate what we had originally requested. During one of the final dyno sessions, we made over 730 whp, with the highest power being made at the highest RPM. It continued to climb until shutdown. This is the real thing, not a hype job. The power is designed into the high rpm range as can be seen on the following dyno sheet. Not our maximum power achieved, but I think it speaks for itself.

Our Wilson Manifolds W2.3+ as shipped to us, before installation.

Below is one of the early pulls on the dyno. After this, we made nearly 30 more whp before deciding to complete the tune at the track.
I think, even though Wilson Manifolds is very well known among the domestics, not too many knew of them in the Sport Compact market. All you have to do is look at the NHRA Pro Stock Class and you'll often see Wilson Manifolds decals. The Summit Racing Team runs Wilson Manifolds. These are big, big programs. Top Fuel and Funny Car teams use Wilson Manifolds. They can bring a lot to the table. To be honest, I was surprised at this recent developement of the 9sec9 spec manifold. My 'spec' was 7000+ rpms and higher horsepower. Beyond that, I was clueless.
If I remember correctly there was a little more input and a lot more data involved than that .

A Wilson Manifold just set the new NA Honda drag record in the past month, Greg Anderson and Jason Line drivers of the KB Racing NHRA Pro Stock cars sponsored by Summit Racing have run Wilson Manifolds from day one. Rob Manisfield at Wilson Manifolds drove the third KB car and dialed in the very car Greg Anderson is driving in competition this year. The guys at KB still call it "Rob's car". He is the owner of an Evo 8 and has started down the mod path which includes an R&D intake manifold we are testing for street cars.

John Force Racing has an exclusive on the latest billet intake manifold technology that comes from Wilson Manifolds for NHRA Funny Car's.

Kalitta Motorsports uses Wilson Manifolds billet intake manifold in NHRA Top Fuel.

These are just a few of Wilson Manifolds customers, top teams in all forms of motorsports depend on the cutting edge designs coming from this shop to stay on the leading edge of technology.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Aug 1, 2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Old Jul 31, 2009, 07:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by zedevo
Whats the face for?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CWiLL
Whats the face for?
Strong Company ...
Cheers ...
Old Jul 31, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want to keep it cheap and make good power go with the Buschur ported IM and also the ported 65MM TB.

Now if you want to make all the power available there is only one great choice-DRIVEN INNOVATION'S.

I made 631 WHP with the RED and 804 WHP with the FP HTA3586 with this manifold. It has performed flawlessly, makes great HP, is priced great, and no cores are required. Just bolt it up and make BIG numbers... Look at what AWD's T3 just made with this mani(8 injectors), 920 WHP WOW....

Old Jul 31, 2009, 05:59 PM
Former Sponsor

off topic , but on the br ported intake mani , should the oem intake manifold gasket be used or heat barrier , is better
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Driven Innovations
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gfng
off topic , but on the br ported intake mani , should the oem intake manifold gasket be used or heat barrier , is better
The heat barrier gasket works great with the BR ported intake mani. That was my set up.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

So this manifold works will work with any turbo, huh. I have a GT4088 and want to squeeze every last bit of HP out of it and the price seems pretty good too.

What TB are you guys using, or what TB does this bolt up too.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 02:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
So this manifold works will work with any turbo, huh. I have a GT4088 and want to squeeze every last bit of HP out of it and the price seems pretty good too.

What TB are you guys using, or what TB does this bolt up too.
I am using the Hypertune which has also given me zero problems. You need to contact Tom@Driven, but I believe it can be flanged for different TB's like the stock TB. He is a great guy to talk to and has great customer service...

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Aug 1, 2009 at 03:03 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

So + 1 For Hypertune T/B ... Cant wait to have it on H.Tune Intake + H.Tune Fuel Rail ... :d