Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Spec super twin disc install

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whitemonster
so i just ordered the mini twin should i expect the same issues? or were some changes made between the two, terrible thread for sommeone who just made a purchase!!!
I wouldn't expect it, no. should be about the same as any 7.25 clutch setup.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:32 AM

The mini-twin has a lower mass and thus lower inertia. That being this reduced weight/inertia will allow the mini-twin to shift faster but it will also be less street friendly than the super-twin. Let me know if you all have any further questions! Thanks,
Old Apr 29, 2020, 07:52 PM

Bearing

Originally Posted by rgar
I don't have the NLTS enabled in my rom anymore and I don't plan on enabling it again. I wanted to give it a try, mainly to let others know the capabilities of the clutch, but I couldn't get it to work.

I spent a fair amount of time adjusting my clutch and almost thought I had it worked out but within another 50 miles of driving the chattering started to come back and it is slowly starting to shudder/jerk while starting from a stop again. I'm going to spend a little time this weekend making very small/minor adjustments and see if I can find one that at least minimizes the problem and stays that way.

I have a p-trim with 3500 miles on it. A stock IX transmission with 35000 miles on it and the stock MC as well. I have a ss upper clutch line.
What thrust bearing did u use do u have pics of the components
Old Apr 29, 2020, 08:00 PM

Clutch Slipping

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
The mini-twin has a lower mass and thus lower inertia. That being this reduced weight/inertia will allow the mini-twin to shift faster but it will also be less street friendly than the super-twin. Let me know if you all have any further questions! Thanks,
What throw out bearing is used with the super twin will the throw out from the quarter master work in collaboration the super twins on a Evo 6 5speed box
Old Apr 29, 2020, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by dsevo
Have you adjusted the clutch pedal as far out as it will go? I had to do that and mine still doesn't want to go into gear because the clutch doesn't fully disengage. I am building a pressure bleeder right now to make sure I have mine bled properly. Let me know what you find, and I'll do the same, its driving me crazy and I'm worried I'm going to hurt the tranny.
The one I use don't disengage at all clutch slips like it has grease on it