Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Nisei LICP VS ETS LICP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nisei, great price, great product, great people, and its got the bracket.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

I just ordered the MUSE solely on price to be honest.
As long as they are all 2.5" which they are. . . they are all basically the same.
Material and price is the only real negligable difference in these.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea, Im pissed at the rust issue.. Just because they might not have a rust problem in one area of the country because it's dry dosent mean it like that everywhere. Why sell a product that you know for a fact will have a problem down the road and make your company look bad. I wanted to get my replaced as well but they offered me a discount... I dont want to pay for something that should of been done right in the first place. I have to throw my money out now to get something that will have no issues. I used to love ETS but this kind of made me step back and look at other options.

I'd Go with Nisei...

Last edited by 4G63K; Aug 5, 2009 at 06:31 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

yeah thats what i want 2.5 and it came down to those 2
Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63K
Yea, Im pissed at the rust issue.. Just because they might not have a rust problem in one area of the country because it's dry dosent mean it like that everywhere. Why sell a product that you know for a fact will have a problem down the road and make your company look bad. I wanted to get my replaced as well but they offered me a discount... I dont want to pay for something that should of been done right in the first place. I have to throw my money out now to get something that will have no issues. I used to love ETS but this kind of made me step back and look at other options.

I'd Go with Nisei...

How much was the piping? If considerably cheaper, then there is a reason for it. Anyone who knows materials, knows mild steel is going to get surface rust. End of story. I dont know the whole scenario, but seems like they prob undersold the market and didnt make it clear why they were soo cheap

Im wondering about their IC now though cuz its like 1/2 the price of the competitors.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

I went with Nisei and have no complaints. Great product and great service, i ended up going back for their mini battery kit. I was also considering the LP2 LICP from ETS but Nisei service won me over.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AWD_Terror
How much was the piping? If considerably cheaper, then there is a reason for it. Anyone who knows materials, knows mild steel is going to get surface rust. End of story. I dont know the whole scenario, but seems like they prob undersold the market and didnt make it clear why they were soo cheap

Im wondering about their IC now though cuz its like 1/2 the price of the competitors.
I bought the piping brand new from a private seller. So im not sure how much it was back than. Not every one knows materials, so for the avrage Joe if its cheaper he will buy it. People had the trust in ETS for making a quality product. I guess no one ever thought about having problems with their products.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Just wanted to make sure IF price point is going to be a topic. I want to make sure EVERYONE knows we're very competitive.

The Nisei Engineering line up offers the BEST Selection and pricing to match. Check it out!

Starting @ $140 delivered contiguous U.S. with confirmed Paypal account.

Colors available:

Carbon Gray

Nisei Black

Nisei Red

Polished

Also available in Matte Black as well. Blue may be coming as a limited edition in about 2 weeks!

So from a quality,price point, and selection not to mention we're the Master Distributor for them. We've got DEEP inventory of this stuff as well. Complete pipe kits are $300 if anyone wants to know.
Forgot, incase you guy wanted to see it installed:

Last edited by Jedi@MaxumTec; Aug 5, 2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

I was considering nisei pipes but i refuse to get rid of my stock battery.my boy harps on me all the time for keeping it since ive had all these troubles with ets pipes.I like how nisei has the brackets no matter what u cant install the pipe wrong.

Last edited by Gordian79; Aug 5, 2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

if I woulda known the Nisei was that cheap, I wouldnt have ordered the MUSE yesterday
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
I don't like the Mild steel thing either and ETS is going to upgrade me

1. I will not use aluminum in charge piping ever again
2. I refuse to switch to a mini battery as I don't drive the car everyday anymore and it can sit for a week or more
3. I have a aftermarket turbo kit so the LICP is kit specific

ETS is a stand up shop and I will still continue to support them
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who needs a bracket for high boost? My ETS unit holds 50 psi on a boost leak test and 36 psi on the street all day every day.

Everyone keeps bring up this rust BS but that was then and this is now, its stainless steel and its a good piece.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I currently have the Injen UICP/LICP set up. How does the LICP measure up power-wise as I don't want to waste money aimlessly? $300 for the LICP and LICP is an awesome price. Is this true? Would I still be able to run either the stock battery or mini-battery as I know some set ups are not friends of the OEM battery?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by project_skyline
Who needs a bracket for high boost? My ETS unit holds 50 psi on a boost leak test and 36 psi on the street all day every day.

Everyone keeps bring up this rust BS but that was then and this is now, its stainless steel and its a good piece.
Answer me this...how long have they been selling the SS as STANDARD (ie not an upgrade). Only for a couple weeks now. How many hundreds of people have the mild steel one and have no clue its probably rusted inside?

I don't think its a large deal really but one would want to keep an eye on it. I don't think it was a smart move in the R&D to have that done personally (again just my opinion.) Mild steel does not belong on the IC pipes, or flanges of turbokits imo. It might save money up front but not in the long run.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline

Bracket so everything aligns right.36 psi on a 9 turbo go blow smoke up someone elses rusted ets pipe.

Quick Reply: Nisei LICP VS ETS LICP