Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Nisei LICP VS ETS LICP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Interesting thread.
I'm still going with ETS, I'm a firm believer that you pay for what you get.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well after spending over $350 for half of upper pipe and its still not right im not the biggest ets fan now.i had to fix it myself.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dbsears
Answer me this...how long have they been selling the SS as STANDARD (ie not an upgrade). Only for a couple weeks now. How many hundreds of people have the mild steel one and have no clue its probably rusted inside?

I don't think its a large deal really but one would want to keep an eye on it. I don't think it was a smart move in the R&D to have that done personally (again just my opinion.) Mild steel does not belong on the IC pipes, or flanges of turbokits imo. It might save money up front but not in the long run.
Its been far longer then a few weeks. I bought mine in september of last year and mine are SS, not a ounce of a rust even through the winter of colorado!

ETS didn't hide anything and thats a reason their pipes were cheaper then the competition, if people wanted good stuff pay the extra dollar.

Gordian79- there is nothing special about hitting 36 psi on a 9 turbo.

ETS stuff lines up just fine without a bracket, one error on a bracket and you got everyone misaligned and contorted.

I'll take my ETS pipes over nisei any day of the week.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AWD_Terror
if I woulda known the Nisei was that cheap, I wouldnt have ordered the MUSE yesterday
Sorry, about that.... unfortunately, we try to put awareness out there but, we don't have the time to track the boards as much as we'd like

But...yes, we're trying to let as many people know as possible that we are the premier Nisei Engineering connection. The LIP will remain at $140 delivered to contiguous U.S. with Paypal Promo Program for as long as we can provide this to the community.

I understand it's not for everyone, and some people prefer stainless over other materials. Just to be fair and clear.... Aluminum doesn't rust either.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Exactly its blowing hot air which equals massive knock.It only goes to 36 on a spike it will never have enough steam to maintain 36psi.saying they hold 36 psi from a 9 turbo doesnt say much.all pipes will handle 36 psi even stockers from a 9 turbo.36 psi from 9 turbo and 36 psi from lets say my race cars S400 are two totally different monsters.

Last edited by Gordian79; Aug 5, 2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordian79
Exactly its blowing hot air.It only goes to 36 on a spike it will never have enough steam to maintain 36psi.saying they hold 36 psi from a 9 turbo doesnt say much.all pipes will handle 36 psi even stockers from a 9 turbo.36 psi from 9 turbo and 36 psi from lets say my race cars S400 are two totally different monsters.
+1 also your 1/4 mile time, what hp were you at?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

AMS - no rust issues, high quality - no bending, and brackets w00t!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
+1 also your 1/4 mile time, what hp were you at?
On race car im assuming?.Its not finished yet but on my cousins car it made 879hp 610tq @ 33psi with same setup.both cars are rwd toyotas with mitsu 4g63.His car went 7.32 @ 183 with 44 psi.It dynoed over 1k @44psi.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glw

Last edited by project_skyline; Aug 6, 2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 02:18 AM
Evolving Member

I will be running 500+ whp on stock plumbing cuz I'm cheap. Spend your money on a POWER mod. Yes, IC pipes will help spool, but that it! Unless you'er nit picking 1/4 mile times get one, cuz thats what the better spool will help, but not much.

Last edited by CA$H; Aug 6, 2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 02:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Actually the LICP will gain you some horspower over the stock... UICP not so much...
Old Aug 6, 2009, 02:39 AM
Evolving Member

You will gain little to none at the track tho. Just from dropping in a LICP.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I beg to differ... but you can do whatever you want, its your car...
Old Aug 6, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Its been far longer then a few weeks. I bought mine in september of last year and mine are SS, not a ounce of a rust even through the winter of colorado!

ETS didn't hide anything and thats a reason their pipes were cheaper then the competition, if people wanted good stuff pay the extra dollar.

ETS stuff lines up just fine without a bracket, one error on a bracket and you got everyone misaligned and contorted.

I'll take my ETS pipes over nisei any day of the week.
Might want to get your facts straight. Just b/c your piping isn't rusted doesn't make it SS, magnet test it to be sure. I ordered piping from them in March for my build this summer. My piping was mild steel, I sent it back and am now waiting for the piping to put my car back together. When I called them and spoke to them regarding the piping they admitted to selling mild steel up until the mid spring this year, and thats from the guys at ETS.

I;m not too happy about the situation at the moment. We will see if they do right by me to correct my order, if not, I'll be in search of another company for piping and IC goods.

my 2 cents
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CA$H
You will gain little to none at the track tho. Just from dropping in a LICP.

I respectfully disagree with you. With a well designed LICP(like Nisei) you will gain in all aspects specially spool-up and perhaps maintaining the boost stronger. I have had 18 turbo cars and I have seen significant improvements when dealing with intercooler piping upgrades.

In any of these order the benefits are there:
1) Piping diameter(more diameter, more flow)
2) Shortest possible route(minimizes the times to charge the air from the turbo to the combustion chamber)
3) Shape of the pipe itself (externally and internally). This has to do with the actual shape, exterior bends and pipe conections(couplers). Ideally you want to have less bends and lesser couplers.
4) Last but not least, all of the above points combined will achieve a faster air flow charge with less turbulence

This is an argument that you will have absolutely no way to prove me wrong(not a chance). The LICP like I said will enhance your turbocharge overall output.

Ask anyone in this planet what would happen when you replace just a small section of the crushed plastic upper intercooler pipe on a 2G DSM. The boost PSI gains are up to 2 psi higher and that is just replacing a small section of the upper intercooler pipe only. Not even touching any boost controller, just replacing that small section alone.

To look/understand the roots of why the mass production cars have deficiencies on design always think that car manufacturers aim for cost savings and for them it is easy to build cheaper/faster parts. A Intercooler pipe well design and well executed will inevitably cost more money to build/research/produce. That is when companies like Buschur, AMS, Nisei, ETS and others have engineers that specialize on enhancing the factory products which often is far from ideal. These companies ultimately produce better results after doing their own R&D.

Respectfully.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Aug 6, 2009 at 11:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Nisei LICP VS ETS LICP