Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch blew up at 8k RPM PICS INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dammmmm thats eefffd up bro
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CicioSTi
Hey man, sorry I missed your question, I didn't own the car when this clutch was installed. From what Exedy said it wasn't done correctly. Trust me I will be doing it myself when I put the new one in, and double checking EVERYTHING!
Roger that. Thanks for the reply.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CicioSTi
Hey man, sorry I missed your question, I didn't own the car when this clutch was installed. From what Exedy said it wasn't done correctly. Trust me I will be doing it myself when I put the new one in, and double checking EVERYTHING!
ha ya, i was about to say, the OP sounds like he could handle a clutch job himself just fine.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These pictures are hard to see.. I was the old owner, and as meny of you know this car. I for one did all the wrenching on the car, The clutch was TQ propory and had blue loctight on the Pressure plate bolts, and Red locktight on the Flywheel, for this to have happened tells me it got hot or something went wrong with a disk. The car didnt have a problem for a year, and even the new owner will vouge for how clean the work was done on this car. Im sorry for this to have happend, noone could have prodicted it, I guess if I would have took it out a few more times it would have happend to me! great to see Exedy Stand behind it. Sucks it took out a brand new Trans! Best of luck man keep me updated!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

That is the reason scatter shields are made! WOW that must have been fairly butt puckering to hear.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jbergmeier
These pictures are hard to see.. I was the old owner, and as meny of you know this car. I for one did all the wrenching on the car, The clutch was TQ propory and had blue loctight on the Pressure plate bolts, and Red locktight on the Flywheel, for this to have happened tells me it got hot or something went wrong with a disk. The car didnt have a problem for a year, and even the new owner will vouge for how clean the work was done on this car. Im sorry for this to have happend, noone could have prodicted it, I guess if I would have took it out a few more times it would have happend to me! great to see Exedy Stand behind it. Sucks it took out a brand new Trans! Best of luck man keep me updated!
i dont remember using any loctite on my pressure plate bolts, blue on the flywheel tho ya. I think you should adjust your monitor a bit, because i can see the pictures pretty good. try turning brightness up a bit. you made 939whp with this car? damn.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
i dont remember using any loctite on my pressure plate bolts, blue on the flywheel tho ya. I think you should adjust your monitor a bit, because i can see the pictures pretty good. try turning brightness up a bit. you made 939whp with this car? damn.

LOL I didnt mean I cant see the pictures, I ment they are hard to look at as seeing the car in carnage is hard looking at and sad. your comment did make me laugh though.

I have always used blue on the pressure plate bolts on any car, its added safter to help pervent something like this. Even though i dont think that was the problem, or wouldnt have thought those bolts would ever come lose!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 01:54 PM
Former Sponsor

LOL I didnt mean I cant see the pictures, I ment they are hard to look at as seeing the car in carnage is hard looking at and sad. your comment did make me laugh though.

I have always used blue on the pressure plate bolts on any car, its added safter to help pervent something like this. Even though i dont think that was the problem, or wouldnt have thought those bolts would ever come lose!
oh i was gonna say - ya as long as your tq wrench was calibrated and you set proper tq its not your fault. this is why exedy is giving the man a new clutch.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

wow, i think it is awesome that exedy will stand behind their product, big thumbs up for them, now if i could just buy an input shaft so i can fix issues from a different clutch company!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:30 PM

Hey man, yeah I know its pretty hard to look at. It made me very sad too and I didn't build it.

I in no way think you did anything wrong at all! its just one of those things where **** happens! No big deal, I will build it back and make it better. Trying to get ahold of a push style clutch right now.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eflove
Man you got to love a company that stands behind their product!
NO DOUBT!! I'm running the same clutch at over 800awhp and it's good to know they stand behind it!
Old Aug 20, 2009, 01:05 AM
Evolving Member

although its good to hear the clutch is being taken care of, that 2nd gear pull really cost you. i would be kinda pissed it being so early but i guess with it having that much power; it was a matter of time. makes me think 2x about the 42r turbo evo ix for sale locally lololol.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by casper3043
although its good to hear the clutch is being taken care of, that 2nd gear pull really cost you. i would be kinda pissed it being so early but i guess with it having that much power; it was a matter of time. makes me think 2x about the 42r turbo evo ix for sale locally lololol.

Just be ready to fix it man
Old Aug 28, 2009, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
how long have you had that clutch?

Eddie

Quick Reply: Clutch blew up at 8k RPM PICS INSIDE