Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Thinking about upgrading turbo help !

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about upgrading turbo help !

Okay the time has come where I am looking to upgrade my turbo on my 06 9. I have already done all the bolt on's, I want something that is going to maintain good daily drive ability, and be absolutely trouble free. I have done some homework on the green and red, but still dont know much about the set ups, anyways any suggestion?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Will you be running the car strictly on 93 octane pump gas? Do you intend to do any competiton?, or is it strictly street? Stock cams? Ported TB, IM, exhaust manifold, O2 housing? Catalytic convertor? How much of a power increase do you hope to attain fronm the turbo upgrade? Are you running a larger frontmount?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:15 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts
I have the exact same car as you and just did an ETS HTA3076R kit. The car has more lag but it is more powerful than before. I scored 414whp and 350wtrq on AMS's dyno (I was tuned by them)

I love the sound of my o2 dump now
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Go Big stop beating around the bush 6262/built 2.0 and you done!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jp7
I have the exact same car as you and just did an ETS HTA3076R kit.....I love the sound of my o2 dump now
Why do you have an O2 dump? Aren't you remote-gated?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:31 PM
Account Disabled

well I will be running 93, dont have plans to race at track, or use race gas, or even switch to e85. I have the following done to date. I am not running a cat, I am looking to make like 450 with the turbo upgrade.

AMS TBE
AMS FMIC
AMS LICP
K&N filter drop in cone
Megan 02 housing
planning on doing s1 cams.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Why do you have an O2 dump? Aren't you remote-gated?
If you indeed have an O2 dump then that means that your 3076 would be configured with a gated turbine housing. I don't think so....Unless you have the ATP douche-tech setup.

Last edited by sparky; Aug 10, 2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Subscribed.............almost exactly the same.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mantosride
well I will be running 93, dont have plans to race at track, or use race gas, or even switch to e85. I have the following done to date. I am not running a cat, I am looking to make like 450 with the turbo upgrade. .......s1 cams.
If yours is an VIII I'd say that it'll be tough to get 450 Mustang on 93 with S1's and the BBK-Full. I am not saying that it would be impossible but it would require mega tuning skills and hotter cams(S2's, or Kelfords) to even get close.

For a shot at 450 Mustang on 93 with a bolt-on turbo upgrade on an VIII you may want the Red. Still you would need to spend ultra-hours with the tuning Guru. And the S1's may not be sufficient.

If you want 450 Mustang on 93 from your VIII through the factory MAF with S1 cams then you may need a 35.

Last edited by sparky; Aug 10, 2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

450 puts you out of reach of obtaining your goal using a stock frame turbo with the mods that you have and plan on doing, s1's. you would definately have to think around a 35 but you can say good by to having fun on the street with that turbo and hello to lag. look at the bright side you will probably get better gas millage since you wont be in boost all that much.

i recomend looking at the bbk full and expanding your mod list a little. you will end up with a great car that is fun on the street and has a broad power band.

oh and just a heads up you will need a new fuel pump and injectors as well no matter what turbo you choose

jeff

Last edited by atkins; Aug 10, 2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atkins
.....i recomend looking at the bbk full and expanding your mod list a little. you will end up with a great car that is fun on the street and has a broad power band.....jeff
Yeah, Jeff! This guy sounds like a made-to-order BBK-Full customer. Probably he should upgrade the S1's to S2's and port the turbo, TB, IM, exhaust manifold, and etc. He would have a 430 WHP pumpgas rocket. If he is willing to give up 400-600 RPM of spool then he might be able to reach 450- 460 with the Red though.

Last edited by sparky; Aug 10, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
It really depends on what you are going to use the vehicle for? The top end on a 35R car compared to a stock frame turbo is night and day difference! The stock frame turbos seem to make peak power then fall down, where the 35R will keep going tell redline.

Michael
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:25 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
If you indeed have an O2 dump then that means that your 3076 would be configured with a gated turbine housing. I don't think so....Unless you have the ATP douche-tech setup.
I mean WG Dump (Brainfart)
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atkins
450 puts you out of reach of obtaining your goal using a stock frame turbo with the mods that you have and plan on doing, s1's. you would definately have to think around a 35 but you can say good by to having fun on the street with that turbo and hello to lag. look at the bright side you will probably get better gas millage since you wont be in boost all that much.

i recomend looking at the bbk full and expanding your mod list a little. you will end up with a great car that is fun on the street and has a broad power band.

oh and just a heads up you will need a new fuel pump and injectors as well no matter what turbo you choose

jeff
you have got to be kidding me, do you not know much about all the "stock frame" turbos that are out there at the current moment and the power they are capable of making?

dont fool around with any of these backyard turbo places, and their funny names... lol stick with forced performance they make the best turbos on the market by far. Look over all the dyno sheets that alot of guys have posted up in the dyno tuning and results section and that will help you understand a little more of what you will need to help reach your goals.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ock-motor.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-red-93-a.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...93-octane.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ftlbs-e85.html

and the list could go on and on...
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
fp green/hta green/red or a bbk full

there is plenty of info on these turbos available to you on evom

search

Quick Reply: Thinking about upgrading turbo help !