Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ac not working

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ac not working

Help lol

My ac stopped blowing cold air last week. It still blows air but not cold. The engine seems to get more of a load when the ac is running but it doesnt do anything. I saw what seemed like it had leaked a in the engine bay when it stopped working. I wiped it off and it hasn't leaked again. Also it sounds like a little metal clanking at 1500 rpms very intermittent from the area of the ac compressor and it happens occasionally.

Would this be fixed under warranty? Any ideas whats wrong? Please help it 100 degrees down here in ga!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:42 PM

It sounds like you have a freon leak? If you do you need to fix the leak and recharge the system. Here read this real quick. Hope it helps!

http://autorepair.about.com/od/gloss...itworks_ac.htm
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Yeah, if you have warranty, use it but don't be running the AC in the mean time. The compressor is cooled and lubricated by circulating refrigerant and the oil that travels around with the refrigerant. Once that leaks running the compressor will ruin it. BTW, there is a switch that prevents the compressor from running with low refrigerant. That may be faulty on your car too. Have it checked.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by barneyb
Yeah, if you have warranty, use it but don't be running the AC in the mean time. The compressor is cooled and lubricated by circulating refrigerant and the oil that travels around with the refrigerant. Once that leaks running the compressor will ruin it. BTW, there is a switch that prevents the compressor from running with low refrigerant. That may be faulty on your car too. Have it checked.
Yeah. Im going to take it in next week. I havent run it since it stopped working but I guess we will see what happens. I hope warranty will take care of it. I just cant figure out why its making the weird sound at really low rpms