Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

i have just been flashed! (long)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2003, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have just been flashed! (long)

Hi guys,

i just got back from Pruven Performance in Ct after my car has been dynoflashed and i thought i would share my day with you.

the arrival:

i arrived at pruven 30 min before my session so i had a chance to chat with Dan AKA "spiderman" about cars and what not. all i can say about Dan is holy **** the guy knows his stuff when it comes to cars. he was very friendly and i had a great time talking to him.

the flash:

Al arrived at 2, just in time for our session and. aftre talking to him for 10 min i realized a few things. he is a very nice guy and much different than what i imagined from the board. he was very friendly and talked to me about everything he is going to do to my car and asked me what i want to do. while we were talking, they strapped my car to the dyno and away we go. my nase line was 235whp which is not bad at all. after 30 mins or so of tweaking by Al, my car put 261whp!!!! keep in mind that my car is bone stock!!!! after the dyno, Al took me for a ride in my car so we can see that everything is ok and smooth.

the highlight of my day:

Al was nice enough to take me for a ride in his beast and all i can say is WOW!!!! his car is a complete beast with great power all throughout the powerband but it is very smooth and drive very similar to stock.

the drive home:

due to the fact that i had about 140 miles of drive home, i had a great chance to really push my car and see how it does after the flash. the car is much faster but what really made me smile was the smooth power delivery and great power band. the car pulls through every gear with great linear power and i also noticed that all this power was made with only 18 psi instead of the usual 19psi.

bottom line:

big to big Al and the guys at Pruven for being so great. i highly recommand the reflash to anybody that wants great smooth power at a great price.

Last edited by blonde; Oct 13, 2003 at 07:20 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
nice write-up, thanks
Old Oct 13, 2003, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

I was hopin' to hear about you seein' some hotties *****...but more horsepower is cool too...lol!
Old Oct 13, 2003, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

I might have to head up there. Blonde, what was the total turn-around time (ie could I make it an overnight trip from DC area)? How much did it cost?

Sounds great- thanks for the report.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

cool, good thing pruven is only like 30 mins from me, i might have to make a trip down in the spring....i've wasted enough money this year!
Old Oct 13, 2003, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Al post the result already. Check it out.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=44094
Old Oct 13, 2003, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Again, I'm impressed. The result is way over my expectation.

Big to Al and dynoflash.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Chris- you should come here for that. everything came to $450 which includes dyno tune with wideband o2 sensor and all teh runs it takes to get you the perfect tune.

Sailorgoon- sorry about the misleading title but i know that was the only way to get you dogs to look at my thread

4wd4me- thanks

for more info on this great mod, feel free to contact me or dynoflash on the board.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

he is a very nice guy and much different than what i imagined from the board. he was very friendly
I totally agree with this, ppl that judge him through his posts are getting a misconception of him.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

It's a 5-hour drive for me - no sweat. This is one trip I'll definitely make. Just drive up, get tuned, drive back... SWEET!

Blonde - who do I need to make the arrangements with? Do I PM Al or just call Pruven?
Old Oct 13, 2003, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

you can PM dynoflash on this board.
you can call pruven at 1-203-8740393
you can call Al at 1-203-515-4110
you can e-mail Al at alfreidesq@aol.com

just choose dude

p.s

semd me a Pm before you make the trip, i will meet you over there
Old Oct 13, 2003, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Kick *** - I might roll up with another guy from the DC Evo Club. I will definitely let you know when I go.

Chris
Old Oct 13, 2003, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

yeah...Al's a nice guy but I havent met him in person. I will soon see him in a month though.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 07:54 PM
Account Disabled

Re: i have just been flashed! (long)

Originally posted by blonde
Hi guys,

i just got back from Pruven Performance in Ct after my car has been dynoflashed and i thought i would share my day with you.

the arrival:

i arrived at pruven 30 min before my session so i had a chance to chat with Dan AKA "spiderman" about cars and what not. all i can say about Dan is holy **** the guy knows his stuff when it comes to cars. he was very friendly and i had a great time talking to him.

the flash:

Al arrived at 2, just in time for our session and. aftre talking to him for 10 min i realized a few things. he is a very nice guy and much different than what i imagined from the board. he was very friendly and talked to me about everything he is going to do to my car and asked me what i want to do. while we were talking, they strapped my car to the dyno and away we go. my nase line was 235whp which is not bad at all. after 30 mins or so of tweaking by Al, my car put 261whp!!!! keep in mind that my car is bone stock!!!! after the dyno, Al took me for a ride in my car so we can see that everything is ok and smooth.

the highlight of my day:

Al was nice enough to take me for a ride in his beast and all i can say is WOW!!!! his car is a complete beast with great power all throughout the powerband but it is very smooth and drive very similar to stock.

the drive home:

due to the fact that i had about 140 miles of drive home, i had a great chance to really push my car and see how it does after the flash. the car is much faster but what really made me smile was the smooth power delivery and great power band. the car pulls through every gear with great linear power and i also noticed that all this power was made with only 18 psi instead of the usual 19psi.

bottom line:

big to big Al and the guys at Pruven for being so great. i highly recommand the reflash to anybody that wants great smooth power at a great price.
Nice to meet you also !!! Glad you liked the flash - you have one of the stronger stock evos - with 94 octane you would prob get over 270 to the wheels with the Flash! Believe it or not we have seen some stock evos come in with 205 whp base lines!!!!!

Too bad I was having that intercooler coupling problem and could only give you the low boost experience!!!! Lucily I found a very stout and nice piece of coupling hose and put it in tonight which gives me some more flex. It seems that with my new engine set up its making much more power and the engine is torking over like mad and poping the intercooler hose off the trottle body. Anyway this new coupling gives me some more flex so i am off to do some road testing tonigh - AFTER the game ! Go yankees!

I'll have to give you another ride after I get all the bugs sorted out !
Old Oct 13, 2003, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

i can't wait for the next ride!!!!!

oh and before i forget..

GO REDSOX

Quick Reply: i have just been flashed! (long)