Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur is what is needed for a reliable 9sec DD!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SloRice
Where are you getting this required 8k rebuild from?? It's not necessary...Jeff is just doing it to get a warm fuzzy feeling and sleep better at night. Like I said, I have 15k on my build and SPIN2GST has well over 20k on his.

Yea, these motors probably aren't going to 90k like your old car. Hell they probably won't go 40k either. But your car never made 600+whp and never spun the motor to 10,000RPM. There is a little give and take here.
Originally Posted by project_skyline

Jeff doesn't NEED to rebuild his motor he just wants to, there is a difference.
Thank you to both of you.... thats all I am trying to say here.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo003
I'm not lost. My first evo Viii had 90K and no freshen up needed. My current IX has 40K, no freshen up needed. Those are daily drivers to the majority of people on here. If you have the extra cash to rebuild the motor every 8K then so be it I'm not telling you not to. I'm just saying that for most people a car that needs to be rebuilt every 10K or so does not fall into the category of DD. At least in my opinion. If you can afford to drive this everyday, good for you. With the amount of mileage I put on my car every day I would only need about 3 rebuilds a year.

Your car had 90k miles @ 700+hp??? I didnt think so.. Compare apples to apples.. Id love to have buschur build a motor for a customer who makes 350whp.. ill bet he gets 100k out of it too... why shouldnt he???

Mike
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not to bust your *****, but if your car is away for months at a time, then it's not your daily driver.

Great car, though, and of course Buschur knows what he is doing. Not everyone wants a 9sec DD, but it's good to know what it takes. I think a big missing piece of missing information is the cost as well. This isn't a small amount of money we're talking about here. What did you spend, 25-30k? I'm not saying it's not worth it, just throwing out more info for those interested.

Last edited by l2r99gst; Aug 20, 2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To each his own. I was merely expressing my opinion of what I consider a DD to be. Apparantly some of you disagree. To me the word reliable can not be used to describe a car if its a matter of when I'd need a rebuild as opposed to if I need a rebuild. And to me a DD should be reliable, plain and simple. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean either of us are wrong, thats why its an opinion people.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Your car had 90k miles @ 700+hp??? I didnt think so.. Compare apples to apples.. Id love to have buschur build a motor for a customer who makes 350whp.. ill bet he gets 100k out of it too... why shouldnt he???

Mike
read the above message. Who knew you weren't allowed to have an opinion
Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:10 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jeff,

anytime we see ya, you are welcome to AC and beer

cb
Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:16 PM

I for one can back up jeff, he drove this car a ton last year, he then decided to move for a better career opp. like anyone of us would... I know he drove this car atleast 4- 5 times a week and also did numerous pulls...on a closed course offcourse.. I know if I do decide to go forward with my evo I will def. bring it to dave. I had a chance to talk with him just a little at the shootout and what a great guy.. Nice seing jeff after 5- 6 months also...
Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:18 PM
Former Sponsor

read the above message. Who knew you weren't allowed to have an opinion
Nobody said you cant have an opinion but you have stated jeff rebuilds his motor as much as you change oil.. that not an opinion..
Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

To each his own. I was merely expressing my opinion of what I consider a DD to be. Apparantly some of you disagree. To me the word reliable can not be used to describe a car if its a matter of when I'd need a rebuild as opposed to if I need a rebuild. And to me a DD should be reliable, plain and simple. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean either of us are wrong, thats why its an opinion people.
I have news for you.. There are millions of daily drivers all over the streets that arent reliable.. Not sure if you havent seen a 1990 hyundai on the side of the road.. Its probably someones daily driver..

Lucky for some they have 9 second cars that would make a more reliable daily driver than a bone stock 1990 hyundai..

Mike
Old Aug 20, 2009, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

I have news for you.. There are millions of daily drivers all over the streets that arent reliable.. Not sure if you havent seen a 1990 hyundai on the side of the road.. Its probably someones daily driver..

Lucky for some they have 9 second cars that would make a more reliable daily driver than a bone stock 1990 hyundai..

Mike
Thats because most people can't afford to drop 40K into their car. Think what you want bro. I have my opinions and you have yours. Most people now a days are lucky if they can make their mortgage payment let alone drop a ton of money to say they have a 9 second DD. Talk about comparing apples to apples, your comparing people just scraping by in life and driving a hyundai to others who have expendable cash to build monster cars.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Thats because most people can't afford to drop 40K into their car. Think what you want bro. I have my opinions and you have yours. Most people now a days are lucky if they can make their mortgage payment let alone drop a ton of money to say they have a 9 second DD. Talk about comparing apples to apples, your comparing people just scraping by in life and driving a hyundai to others who have expendable cash to build monster cars.
Well we have several daily drivers with Buschur motors that are driven every day , every night with 10k + miles but they dont make 700hp.. Not sure what else to explain to you..

MIke
Old Aug 20, 2009, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Well we have several daily drivers with Buschur motors that are driven every day , every night with 10k + miles but they dont make 700hp.. Not sure what else to explain to you..

MIke
good for you. Enjoy
Old Aug 20, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buschur power!!!!!
Old Aug 20, 2009, 06:34 PM

All I can say is I have had BR stage 3 motor/head in my car since 2004, never had a single motor related problem. I'm on my third turbo and the motor has held up just fine.
The only problem I had is my fault (galled #4 spark plug thread this summer ) did not use never sieze, not the builders problem all mine.
My car is no way a DD, its fun and fast as hell when I do drive it.

Hell I cant even find an little oil seeping anywhere, and believe me I keep the car clean as hell!

BR ROCKS.

Good Luck vwjeff.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
no more vwjeff in Ohio.....

Awesome car!

Quick Reply: Buschur is what is needed for a reliable 9sec DD!