Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur is what is needed for a reliable 9sec DD!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by project_skyline
Big AL has 2 or 3 full years of racing on his evo with no motor problems, running buschur motor.
Your joking right?

By the way, vwjeff... can I ask why you would put in new rings and hone the cylinder walls as preventitive maintenance? I'm considering changing main and rod bearings cuz I thought those might need a freshening after 2 yrs, but was curious why you would change rings if you were getting perfect sealing from them. For me, I've always had oil consumption problems so if I freshen up, I would do a light hone and rings. But for you when everything is perfect, why would you?

Last edited by crcain; Aug 20, 2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeffs car went 10.10 at 14x something right before the teardown.. are you honestly trying to say the car needs rebuilt do to a engine failure.... if you tear a engine down and just do rod bearings and mains... dont even touch the rings your a tool and shouldnt be anywhere around a engine...
Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

I drove my car to work today......David, can I bring it by the shop tonight to get the motor refreshed??
Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fastazevo
jeffs car went 10.10 at 14x something right before the teardown.. are you honestly trying to say the car needs rebuilt do to a engine failure.... if you tear a engine down and just do rod bearings and mains... dont even touch the rings your a tool and shouldnt be anywhere around a engine...
Wow ok hold on a sec.. we got a name caller here people watch out! Big man coming through!

So let me understand the point your making... just because an engine makes power means it is fine? That is your point?

My question is, why rings and hone need to be done as preventitive maintenance? Do rings wear and slowly lose their seal? It's an honest question. And I'm seriously considering doing a freshening up. But I think I just realized the answer... Jeff is putting in new pistons and rods so I guess that would require a hone and rings. But let us say he wasn't changing pistons and rods, would it still make sense to change rings?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Haters, ignorance, blindness.................

Jeff has a car he's put 15,000'ish miles on in 2 years. This year he hasn't driven it at all because he moved to Vegas and left the car here. He made a post stating from his experience XXX was needed to have a reliable daily driven 9 second car, which he has. He has not had a single engine problem with the car since the car was built and it has run 9's. I'd say what he has stated is to the point and factual.

Tim has 20,000'ish, Eric has not chimed in but has more miles than the other two guys and NONE of those three have had ANY engine problems what-so-ever. I'd say that is reliability in a 9 second daily driver. Trent's car which ran 10.0 and has been road raced, autocrossed, street raced and just generally beaten to hell had 35,000+ miles on it.

I will speak for Jeff. Jeff's car is here, he wants the car to go over 150 mph trap speeds. He is having us "freshen" it up to go with new parts we have developed that will help him meet those goals. He is also having it done because he is taking the car to Vegas with him eventually and does not want to worry about getting it out there, having something happen and then sending it back here. Pretty simple.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

I just wanted to post my .02. I think these threads always turn to **** because there is sooo much horn tooting going on in these forums and it gets old.
I honestly only read them to get a good laugh and see how out of control they will get before a mod closes them.

We all know Mr Buschur makes consistantly the fastest 4G cars around and always has for the most part. I dont think we need to clarify this daily on every single thread that it can be plugged into.
this thread was basically a thread to start a flame war. lol

Congrats on your problem free 9sec street car. It is deffinately a task to do so. Money and the correct parts deff make this an easier task. Having someone knowledgable doing it correctly the first time deff ups your chances too.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crcain

By the way, vwjeff... can I ask why you would put in new rings and hone the cylinder walls as preventitive maintenance? I'm considering changing main and rod bearings cuz I thought those might need a freshening after 2 yrs, but was curious why you would change rings if you were getting perfect sealing from them. For me, I've always had oil consumption problems so if I freshen up, I would do a light hone and rings. But for you when everything is perfect, why would you?
If my rod caps are loosened then new rods go in along with bearings. Why? Well they are aluminum and I aint chancing aluminum threads. Then the pistons come out. So why not put in new rings and pistons? To me if you are there just do it... I could save on headaches down the road.
I have a friend back in Ohio that bought a Chevy 454 SS truck 6 years ago. He took the motor out for whatever reason to check it out. He removed the pistons and rings and reinstalled them, now the truck has blow buy with the whipple blower he later put on it. He was told buy a Chevy engine builder you never wanna do that.

Originally Posted by AWD_Terror
We all know Mr Buschur makes consistantly the fastest 4G cars around and always has for the most part. I dont think we need to clarify this daily on every single thread that it can be plugged into.
this thread was basically a thread to start a flame war. lol
This is NOT a thread to start a flame war. I started the thread because I am blown away with all sh*t the car has been through. And it STILL runs like new. Do you know what 42psi feels like in an Evo... its crazy!and to know it spins to 9500rpm and STILL stays together

Like I stated in the opening part of the thread... I need to give some credit where credit is do. Did you read that part?

David when you get the engine apart PLEASE post pics of the engine inside... good or bad.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 12:10 PM

What kind of tcase are you running vwjeff?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Alright Jeff, I'll post up some pictures. I am still waiting on your new build list though

I agree with you Jeff, what in the world does a flame fest have to do with your post? I appreciate you making the post and I'm glad after a few years you are still happy with the car.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Alright
I agree with you Jeff, what in the world does a flame fest have to do with your post? .
My post was mainly in regards to the frequency of this happening. Im sure you realize everything you guys post on end up being pissing contests. while quite amusing, they get old.
I just think its the fashion on how things are posted that stirs the others up.
IMHO i couldnt give a ****. I thnk you guys do great work. Very very cocky, but you have kinda earned that right a little in my eyes. Not everyone else feels that way though.

anyway as posted before. Awesome setup! i wish I had the ***** to drive something like that frequently on the streets.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Dave do you me to post it here for everyone to see, or e-mail it.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

awesome car
Old Aug 21, 2009, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

awesome car and awesome reliability if you ask me.

I think that as long as your somewhat smart and dont beat the immortal hell out of your car 24/7 then it should last a long time even if it has 500-600 whp.

I'm not sayin baby it. have fun with the car, thats what it was built for but there is always a happy medium on how you should drive.

For me, most of the time I'm a chilled out driver and the engine has lasted 20K. Leakdown tests and compression tests confirm the engine is still healthy.

But I do plan on freshening up the engine soon. and when I do, I will use Buschur parts.

Last edited by Johnboy1065; Aug 21, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by C.Gonzalez
What kind of tcase are you running vwjeff?
Stock T-case, Bushwacker Trans, stock axles front and rear and stock rearend with a Triple plate Exedy pull ( and the clip has never popped).

If and when the t-case breaks I will Buschur and get another stock one from Mitsu, and I MAY have Dan upgrade it?
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:32 AM

Nice. I see a lot of high power guys run the stock case with great reliability. When and if it goes do you intend to get a quaife diff? Keep up the good work man your car is great and should be an example for people to follow and not hate. Numbers, consistency, ETs and proven parts don’t lie.

Last edited by C.Gonzalez; Aug 22, 2009 at 11:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Buschur is what is needed for a reliable 9sec DD!