Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur is what is needed for a reliable 9sec DD!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2009, 12:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for testing the Hoosier's , your input and consistency have been a big help in the development of this tire.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Sep 3, 2009 at 03:25 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the post, I enjoyed reading it and reading through all the arguments. It's nice to see a straight list of all the parts required to make a reliable 9 second evo. A couple race seasons and over 8k miles....That's about as reliable as it gets at that much power, especially when the motor spins that high. Great job and nice car. Hope to have one just like it someday.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 04:12 PM

Nice car and good write-up mate. All though I am in Australia Buschur Racing is a huge and highly respected company here 'down-under'...
Old Aug 23, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by C.Gonzalez
Nice. I see a lot of high power guys run the stock case with great reliability. When and if it goes do you intend to get a quaife diff? Keep up the good work man your car is great and should be an example for people to follow and not hate. Numbers, consistency, ETs and proven parts don’t lie.
Originally Posted by JakeTheVIII
Thanks for the post, I enjoyed reading it and reading through all the arguments. It's nice to see a straight list of all the parts required to make a reliable 9 second evo. A couple race seasons and over 8k miles....That's about as reliable as it gets at that much power, especially when the motor spins that high. Great job and nice car. Hope to have one just like it someday.
This is why I wanted to post this. I wanted everyone to know what it takes w/o the BS from what others read on the internetz

Originally Posted by Makinahoe
Nice car and good write-up mate. All though I am in Australia Buschur Racing is a huge and highly respected company here 'down-under'...
Its good to hear he is respected in the land down under

I sent Dave the list, we will see what he thinks about what I submitted. Maybe we will post it here for all you to read.

Its nothing to big, but I think it will put it over 150? I am not willing to take anything out of the car. Its an SSL package Evo, so the Sub and amp stay, and washer tank and A/C.

The most I am will to cut out of the car, is the roof. I will more than likely do the Mitsu Aluminum roof, or CF. But that will be down the line
Old Aug 23, 2009, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

nice build, maybe ill see it one day

OT - why the hate for vegas? lol, theres nothing wrong with this place
Old Aug 27, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by McLaren F1 2003
nice build, maybe ill see it one day

OT - why the hate for vegas? lol, theres nothing wrong with this place
Very good possiblity you will hear me in the valley... she is loud Its hot! Damn sun is like a hair drier in your face when the wind blows. Us Ohio peps cant take it.

Dave has my list, and he agree's on it He thinks it will go over 150 on radials with a few small changes.

All I gotta do now is round up the $$$

Last edited by vwjeff; Aug 27, 2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:14 PM
Account Disabled

Good luck Jeff, can't wait to she how she does.

Props to Dave and the crew.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:52 PM

Car is sweet! Buschur FTW!!!!!
Old Aug 28, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Jeff, I would really love to see that list.. Do u mind posting it?? If so then its still cool
Old Aug 28, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Jeff

You speak the truth here in this thread, and your car is a prime example of all of the work and dedication the Buschur Crew puts in.

The knowledge that David and Daniel have I feel are second to none.

And as far as them as people well , all I can say is that both Daniel and David both are currently going above and beyond to help me with a new project that I have been dealt.

Without their help and expertise I couldnt have accomplished the build that I have.

Sorry for the off topic Jeff , just wanted to share some of my own experience and perspective of Buschur Racing !!!!
Old Aug 28, 2009, 03:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 350 Likes on 264 Posts
This is amazing! 9 second evo with 30+mpg! Full interior! Perfect example of how much this car is capable of! Buschur is freaking awesome!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LOVEBOOOST
Jeff, I would really love to see that list.. Do u mind posting it?? If so then its still cool
I am at work right now and I will see if I can do it tonight for ya!

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Jeff

You speak the truth here in this thread, and your car is a prime example of all of the work and dedication the Buschur Crew puts in.

The knowledge that David and Daniel have I feel are second to none.

And as far as them as people well , all I can say is that both Daniel and David both are currently going above and beyond to help me with a new project that I have been dealt.

Without their help and expertise I couldnt have accomplished the build that I have.

Sorry for the off topic Jeff , just wanted to share some of my own experience and perspective of Buschur Racing !!!!
Steelcity, you are right and you are not off topic with your post.
I was good to meet you on my lastday there in Ohio. Your car is b*tch*n for sure

Originally Posted by Pal215
This is amazing! 9 second evo with 30+mpg! Full interior! Perfect example of how much this car is capable of! Buschur is freaking awesome!
It is a fun a car for sure. I seen a IX lastnight near my house. As I sat in my Jetta at the light I said... AWWW I miss my car
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Here is the list guys...

Fresh set of aluminum rods
Fresh set of pistons, and rings... compression is up in the air right now
FP5R IX cams
New valve springs
Cosworth Head Gasket

E85 tune for everyday driving, and VP Import for kill.

With this list above I would like to see the car go over 150 before the year is up. Dave seems to think it will so we will see!

After that I am gonna do a Sheare Fab front face kit, and a dual pass CBRD radiator that Mr Chad is gonna have to build for me! Maybe this will give him a chance to build that 1/2 condenser

I am wanting to keep the HTA37r to put on the new kit but Dave aint liking that idea so we will see.

When I get the car back here to Vegas I will work on getting more weight out of the car.... trunk lid, roof, brakes, hood ect.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
Very good possiblity you will hear me in the valley... she is loud Its hot! Damn sun is like a hair drier in your face when the wind blows. Us Ohio peps cant take it.

Dave has my list, and he agree's on it He thinks it will go over 150 on radials with a few small changes.

All I gotta do now is round up the $$$

Gamble gamble gamble! hell you're in Vegas

And no one should hate on Buschur/ Buschur motors, we all see they perform amazingly, just look at the "Fastest/Quickest Evos for 2009" list, speaks for itself
Old Sep 3, 2009, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
Here is the list guys...

Fresh set of aluminum rods
Fresh set of pistons, and rings... compression is up in the air right now
FP5R IX cams
New valve springs
Cosworth Head Gasket
This is interesting, I sort of thought, and perhaps mistakenly, that Buschur used the stock headgasket for all the motors even the high psi ones.

Quick Reply: Buschur is what is needed for a reliable 9sec DD!