Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Question about EDM/JDM 7/8RS ACD w/o AYC pump and placement

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about EDM/JDM 7/8RS ACD w/o AYC pump and placement

I am doing some reasearch to move the ACD pump to the rear of the car where the evaporative emissions canister is in the left rear fender. This is where it is mounted in the ROW cars that have ACD w/ AYC. It'll help with weight distribution, put it somewhere more protected, and open up a big space for a cold air duct in to my airbox, lining up with the Varis(style) bumper duct.

I know some of the Evo 7/8RS models had the option of ACD w/o AYC, replacing the AYC in the rear with a LS differential. I am wondering if that configuration used the same pump/valve set up as the ACD w/ AYC cars in the rear, or the USDM pump/valve mounted in the front? If it is the rear mounted pump being the same as the AYC cars, did just block off the ports from the valving to the AYC? Did have a different mounting for the USDM type pump in the rear (I somehow doubt this is the case, though...)?

All these questions go to the mounting of the pump in the rear, and a couple pieces of plumbing. I would rather use OE mounting parts (most of the mounting holes look to be already there, btw...) than a custom garage built piece. I have friends in Europe that aren't heads, but they don't mind scrounging at the breaker's yards, either, for good used parts.

I've searched, I've looked in EDM ASA (not the greatest without a VIN number of an EDM car set up like this...), I've looked in EDM FSMs, and no real clear answer.

Any help appreciated!!!
Old Aug 25, 2009, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for someone with EDM/JDM CT9A knowledge.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

One last bump before I let the thread die out.