Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The turbo for the Boost Solutions race car is here:-)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2003, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok...can you say "Turob as big as my head?"

I can!!
Old Oct 17, 2003, 10:23 AM

EvoNation.com

Tomei

Originally posted by maki
hi Boost Solution
tomei 2.2l stroker, i thought they made 2.3 liter? why didnt you go with JUN 2.2l? tomei is crap
i predict 800hp at crank
Old Oct 17, 2003, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

it's all what you prefer guys, no problem if some like tomei and some like jun, i prefer both
Old Oct 17, 2003, 11:41 AM

[i like both too
Old Oct 17, 2003, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by bbyevo8
EvoNation.com
Tomei
909 pardon my ignorance, i guess im biased but then ive heard lots of stories of tomei rods breaking etc etc, ask Claudius he'll tell you, its just my opinion thats it, some people take it very personally
and bbyevo9 i agree evonation

Originally posted by AvatarOfWar

Tomei has really nice stuff, and I guarantee you Boost Solutions car is going to make more than 800hp. Maki is a vendor for JUN, enough said.
id be surprised if it made more then 800hp, ive seen 1000hp evo, but that car spends more time in a shop then on a race track. How come everybody thinks that 800hp on a 2 liter engine is just a big turbo away, look at Al hes got money and managed "only" 600hp. Im in no way implying boost solutions can not do it, i know they can, but will the car be driveable with 800hp+? Look at norris' car something breaks all the time.

Last edited by maki; Oct 17, 2003 at 12:08 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Shooter Boy
I may be wrong, however, why did you get the non-ball bearing version of the SPL? That would only hurt spooling on the small displacement Evo enginge...

This is the same turbo I put on my Skyline, whereas the BB spools much faster....
With NOS it would not really matter, would it?

Last edited by fastct9a; Oct 17, 2003 at 03:31 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 03:57 PM

Are you saying with nos you dont have to worry about lag??
or did i misunderstand the whole thing
Old Oct 17, 2003, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by fastct9a

Yes it would.

If your SPL BB spools 500-1,000 rpm's faster, that is more time that you have in the high rpm range to be at full boost.

With the relatively small amount of air coming from the 4-cyl at launch, keeping the turbo spooled at launch is going to be a problem even with nitrous. You have to remember, the size of the SPL means that it doesn't really get into its peak efficiency until 30+ lbs...where most turbo's are coming into the top of their efficiency range. This is depending on trim, A/R and a number of other factors, but this is generally the case.

Is this an off the shelf turbo/compressor setup or was the A/R custom specified for the smaller application?
Old Oct 17, 2003, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

yes im saying that with nos ther spoolup will be faster, i mean look at the pro drag cars they use nos to spoll their turbos. george youll be able to pull it off
Old Nov 6, 2003, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

i dont like to bring up old treads but has boostsolutions finished there car, or how far are they on it???
Old Nov 6, 2003, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Pretty soon, we just have to work on it over the weekend, since we do have too many cars in the shop to work on, but it is all good Otherwise everything is comming pretty good. we will keep you guys updated.
Thank you for your interest in our car

Andy

Originally posted by GotBoost25psi
i dont like to bring up old treads but has boostsolutions finished there car, or how far are they on it???
Old Nov 9, 2003, 11:42 AM

as far as the turbo lag im not sure if anyone else is fimilliar with pro tractor pulls but the turbos in those engines are huge they have injectors that some how inject fuel into the exhaust (before the turbo obviously) to get full boost in seconds if you ever watch them that is why they spew out black smoke also there was a issue of turbo mag think it was only a few monts ago that they disscused the topic anyway that would be my option to do i know you need somekind of special injector to meet those heat tolerances but it would be interesting to find out if i can rember the issue i will post it
Old Nov 9, 2003, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by omega_047
as far as the turbo lag im not sure if anyone else is fimilliar with pro tractor pulls but the turbos in those engines are huge they have injectors that some how inject fuel into the exhaust (before the turbo obviously) to get full boost in seconds if you ever watch them that is why they spew out black smoke also there was a issue of turbo mag think it was only a few monts ago that they disscused the topic anyway that would be my option to do i know you need somekind of special injector to meet those heat tolerances but it would be interesting to find out if i can rember the issue i will post it
Sounds like an over complicated version of the antilag system.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 02:01 PM

jeff do you live in mt lebo cause i have seen you driving around and i know doug slavonic who has told me how hice your car was

and i was one of the poeple in that whaie mustang that tried to race you
Old Nov 10, 2003, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by omega_047
jeff do you live in mt lebo cause i have seen you driving around and i know doug slavonic who has told me how hice your car was

and i was one of the poeple in that whaie mustang that tried to race you
yes I do bro, but PM me, don't want to take this thread off topic.

Quick Reply: The turbo for the Boost Solutions race car is here:-)